Custom Playbooks - VOTE NOW!

Custom Playbooks  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Allowed in our leagues?

Controversial to say the least.  Now is your chance as a league player to vote on whether they should be included in our leagues.

There has already been plenty of discussion, it is the time to decide.

It's a simple Yes or No answer. Leagues are due to start soon, so you need to act fast.

In the event of a 'No' result, we will be considering how to manage the use of custom audibles.

• Group:  PFL Legend
  • Content Count:  1,159
  • Timezone:  Europe/London

loving the cheese tag :lol:

For what it's worth. My feeling about custom playbooks is that you cannot police it, so why try and stop it. People are concerned that we will end up with playbooks loaded with exploitation plays. If somebody is going to go down that route, then they will do it with a standard playbook as well - they just won't have as many plays to turn too.

If the problem is the player and 'cheese' then, as Admin, as a site, we can combat this by severely clamping down on the culprits.

The turning point for me is setting your own audibles. This was a feature I and many other players in the leagues have used for many years. Set up your own audibles and you end up with a custom playbook - this never used to be the case.

• Group:  Staff
  • Content Count:  4,129
  • Timezone:  Europe/Dublin

Full agree Rigg, I would like to set my own custom audibles but that its

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,767

I suppose we don't have to explain our votes, but for me I wouldn't be bummed to design my own playbook or audibles so for that reason I would be at a disadvantage to those that have, so my vote was simple...

• Content Count:  10,009

if u cant police it then u cant ban it in my eyes. Like we saw with Nano AL people will search this stuff....

lol, ffs! did anyone actually read what I posted there! and I don't use 3-4!!  :doh:

• Content Count:  3,213

I'm sorry but you only need to shag one sheep to be labelled a sheep-shagger.

:)

• Content Count:  1,922

Gents its got to be a no on custom books BUT a yes on books with audibles. Ye I know its then says custom. ADMINS put faith in the good folks of these leagues to police them selfs and take away the old rule of no audibles down from 5 WR and so on and put a new rule in Books with only audibiles changed. Thats the way we've always played. (just no 2 cents) :)

• Content Count:  3,863

Gents its got to be a no on custom books BUT a yes on books with audibles. Ye I know its then says custom. ADMINS put faith in the good folks of these leagues to police them selfs and take away the old rule of no audibles down from 5 WR and so on and put a new rule in Books with only audibiles changed. Thats the way we've always played. (just no 2 cents) :)

The game will only let you audible to a formation woth the same personnel, so those days of audibling down are gone, thankfully

• Content Count:  2,326

Offence on the game has become more powerful each Madden, already you can read posts about how difficult it is to stop the offence this year. Thats with a playbook with couple of money plays as opposed to the Shared ones which will unquestionably become available and will undeniably be used.

Allowing custom playbooks in my opinion sends the wrong message about what this site is trying to achieve, the attempt to get away from lobby play and run sim football.  Madden Tournaments do not allow custom playbooks.

As to governance, if its a core site ethos that custom playbooks are not allowed, anyone found using being banned, I can see it working.

Setting of audibles pregame makes a default playbook a custom playbook. However once you start the game it is possible to pause to set your audibles and this is a possible work around.

• Like 3

• Group:  Xbox Commissioner
  • Content Count:  4,339

voted NO

reasons, i don't trust anyone :lol:

also if someone is just using moneyplays i wouldn't even know (cause everyone is taking me apart right now).

i'm also a person who wouldn't report someone if they were cheesing all the time :(

• Group:  PFL Coach
  • Content Count:  3,707

money play is a play that will get you yards every time more or less or a td  , I had one in m13 hb wheel route out Texans book it was awesome got few coaches with it in the main fran bazza but to name one :lol:

Edited by trooper uk

voted no custom books , plus I never set audible just use what madden throws at me :D

• Content Count:  5,997

ban both :up:

• Content Count:  2,644

No to custom play books and no to changing audibles

We play as those teams, should really use own teams playbook and not another teams and should also use set audiles

No to custom play books and no to changing audibles

We play as those teams, should really use own teams playbook and not another teams and should also use set audiles

except the set audibles are HB dive, PA Pass, Slant and Bomb on all audibles. But you can't have custom pre set audibles without having a CPB! stupid EA

money play is a play that will get you yards every time more or less or a td  , I had one in m13 hb wheel route out Texans book it was awesome got few coaches with it in the main fran bazza but to name one :lol:

i know what a money play is, but even on non-money plays i get smoked :lol:

• Content Count:  4,055

For what it's worth. My feeling about custom playbooks is that you cannot police it, so why try and stop it. People are concerned that we will end up with playbooks loaded with exploitation plays. If somebody is going to go down that route, then they will do it with a standard playbook as well - they just won't have as many plays to turn too.

If the problem is the player and 'cheese' then, as Admin, as a site, we can combat this by severely clamping down on the culprits.

The turning point for me is setting your own audibles. This was a feature I and many other players in the leagues have used for many years. Set up your own audibles and you end up with a custom playbook - this never used to be the case.

Exactly my thoughts, I know how hard it is to police things like this on FIFA. Why make this much more hassle for admins when I trust all of us won't abuse a custom book.

team specific be great if it happened that's sim  which how it should be as in real nfl use the teams book ...

Edited by trooper uk

You can abuse a standard playbook if you choose to, TE seams, Power I's, wheel routes, they are all there. It doesn't matter if you have 2 or 100, you can still abuse them. Shortsightness by a lot of people.

team specific be great if it happened that's sim  which how it should be as in real nfl use the teams book ...

Yes and no, If I drafted a mobile QB, why would I stick with the Giants PB, I would want to add some QB cheese to it, which it doesn't have. Playbooks need changing to fit around your players!!  :doh:

the vote will decide then we can move on :rock:

Edited by trooper uk
  • Like 1

• Content Count:  7,623

You can abuse a standard playbook if you choose to, TE seams, Power I's, wheel routes, they are all there. It doesn't matter if you have 2 or 100, you can still abuse them. Shortsightness by a lot of people.

That's a really arrogant statement.

It's one thing having a view but to start criticising others for their view isn't really on.

I've said why I don't want them and it's in the other thread if anyone is bothered about reading it.

Yes and no, If I drafted a mobile QB, why would I stick with the Giants PB, I would want to add some QB cheese to it, which it doesn't have. Playbooks need changing to fit around your players!! 

Theres nothing preventing you from changing to a more suitable playbook in that case?

Theres nothing preventing you from changing to a more suitable playbook in that case?

I was quoting Trooper who suggested sticking with team specific playbooks, context ;)

• Content Count:  7,671

Ive voted no

Ive found a money play in the Texans playbook, just by playing a friendly, played v Dickie and he couldnt stop it in either man or zone unless i told him i was running it and he usered a specific player

I will only be able to use that once or twice a game as otherwise it would be cheesy

If custom books are allowed and people find one play per book like that, itll give you 32 money plays, its going to be impossible to stop anyone ( i know most, myself included, couldnt be bothered with the hassle itd entail to set that up, but im sure some would ) they simply have to banned IMO

Yes and no, If I drafted a mobile QB, why would I stick with the Giants PB, I would want to add some QB cheese to it, which it doesn't have. Playbooks need changing to fit around your players!!  :doh:

nothing to do with it, more a trust issue. i know most people wouldn't abuse it, but some will.

That's a really arrogant statement.

It's one thing having a view but to start criticising others for their view isn't really on.

I've said why I don't want them and it's in the other thread if anyone is bothered about reading it.

I think it is shortsightness and shows lack of faith to all the members of the site, tbf, not helped at all by EA etc. That is my view on it.

Its a huge part of the game that is going to be missing, we may as well have stuck with M13.

I was quoting Trooper who suggested sticking with team specific playbooks, context ;)

Indeed but the point is still valid.

Indeed but the point is still valid.

Not if we were forced to stick with team specific playbooks for the duration of any franchise.

• Content Count:  2,767

Last madden you could still retire as a coach and start again with a new book...

Not if we were forced to stick with team specific playbooks for the duration of any franchise.

We may be talking at cross-purposes here, but regardless of what Trooper said above, that's not the issue here is it? Nor is it likely to be.

We may be talking at cross-purposes here, but regardless of what Trooper said above, that's not the issue here is it? Nor is it likely to be.

lol, true :D

• Group:  PFL Executive
  • Content Count:  6,258
  • Timezone:  Europe/Luxembourg

How about no custom offence, but let me make a custom defence?

• Content Count:  2,730

except the set audibles are HB dive, PA Pass, Slant and Bomb on all audibles. But you can't have custom pre set audibles without having a CPB! stupid EA

You can audible to any play with the same personnel now can't you?

In which case do you need to set up custom audibles when you can just open the menu and pick a new play?

Is this also the same on defense?

*Don't shoot me i'm just thinking out loud*

• Content Count:  4,129

Ive voted no

Ive found a money play in the Texans playbook, just by playing a friendly, played v Dickie and he couldnt stop it in either man or zone unless i told him i was running it and he usered a specific player

I will only be able to use that once or twice a game as otherwise it would be cheesy

If custom books are allowed and people find one play per book like that, itll give you 32 money plays, its going to be impossible to stop anyone ( i know most, myself included, couldnt be bothered with the hassle itd entail to set that up, but im sure some would ) they simply have to banned IMO

cheating pookeynoodle! 

Dickie whats the play!

• Content Count:  3,863

cheating pookeynoodle! 

Dickie whats the play!

It's not in my playbook, I checked! Lol

People worried about audibles do know that it's not just the first 4 that pop up that you can choose from, right?

• Content Count:  1,113

I think it is shortsightness and shows lack of faith to all the members of the site, tbf, not helped at all by EA etc. That is my view on it.

Its a huge part of the game that is going to be missing, we may as well have stuck with M13.

You probably just want to load your nanos on one playbook to be honest.

Yeah, that's right, lol etc  getting old now

Don't need to nano when you have Tuck and JPP

• Content Count:  2,730

Real NFL playbook nothing like a Madden one ...

All I can say is 

What The Actual f**k !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the event of a 'No' result, we will be considering how to manage the use of custom audibles.

Rigglar - surely a 'No' vote means a 'No' vote to Custom Audibles also?

If we are saying that if we Vote 'No' people will be given the chance to create custom audibles either in game or otherwise this will affect my vote.....since that wouldnt work at all imo meaning the obvious choice is a Yes vote.

Rigglar - surely a 'No' vote means a 'No' vote to Custom Audibles also?

If we are saying that if we Vote 'No' people will be given the chance to create custom audibles either in game or otherwise this will affect my vote.....since that wouldnt work at all imo meaning the obvious choice is a Yes vote.

What we are saying is that if the result is a 'No' then there will be no custom playbooks at all. If this is the case then you cannot create and save custom audibles.

However, there is the option to change your audibles pre-game - i.e. once the match has started, but before kick off. The problem with this, is that it takes time and has to be done before every game. When we are playing for about an hour, it could add on another 5 minutes or so.

Guest Futureheads

What we are saying is that if the result is a 'No' then there will be no custom playbooks at all. If this is the case then you cannot create and save custom audibles.

However, there is the option to change your audibles pre-game - i.e. once the match has started, but before kick off. The problem with this, is that it takes time and has to be done before every game. When we are playing for about an hour, it could add on another 5 minutes or so.

Not to come across as a d*** but I am not waitning for some1 audible there book around at the start of a game that could last 1hr plus and its already at 10pm. I know its a bit selfish but for me its not doable

Understood, Cheers.

The part in bold is not an option in my opinion, it would take too long and I simply wouldnt want to do that every game. If thats on the table as part of a "No" vote then it will swing my opinion to a Yes vote for me....................

• Content Count:  3,394

Ive voted no

Doc fouind similar with his PB on saturday, a one off money play that even he said would only be able to be used sparingly. He told me when he was goiong to use it and I couldnt stop it regardless on every attempt.

• Content Count:  1,113

What are the audibles that people actually want? :confused:

You can't change your formation any more can you? So that's gone. And you could never have a choice of the other plays, as they were always quick pass, run, deep pass, PA. 

What are the audibles that people actually want? :confused:

You can't change your formation any more can you? So that's gone. And you could never have a choice of the other plays, as they were always quick pass, run, deep pass, PA. 

Their money plays thinking about it.

• Content Count:  3,394

Not to come across as a d*** but I am not waitning for some1 audible there book around at the start of a game that could last 1hr plus and its already at 10pm. I know its a bit selfish but for me its not doable

I'm with FH on this one. I usually prefer to play games at 10-10:30...not going to wait till 11:45 before we start playing...for me its a big naNO :shifty:

Seriously waiting to input before a game with the sluggish response? not good for me.

• Like 1