Headsets Are Mandatory

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  7,671
  • Timezone:  Europe/London

ive only played pilks once and he was perfectly calm, true he utterly ducked me about 45-10 so that may have been why

from my experience goldenbeard, mouth and agay are the whingiest, moaniest gits on the site ( im up there as well!!! )

and id like to echo what Rigglar said, in terms of solely improving my game its been really useful to talk to a load of people on the site, but even just chatting about random stuff, its good to get to know the guys youre playing, ive far too many examples to single out, but for me its a vital part of the community

as for offending people, i wouldnt wory about that, provided you can take it back, everyone has different chats with different people, for example if playing goldenbeard who ive known for years we will abuse each other all game, if im playing someone for the 1st time its far more respectful as you dont know them. Its my 1st year of playing madden online and ive probably got to know doc, mouth and rigglar best from talking on mic during games as theyre in my division so play more regularly, and whilst all different guys theyre all good blokes, as is pretty much everyone ive played, with new divisions next year i'll get to know others better as well i hope

Edited by riverman

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Content Count:  10,009

Riverman is the chattiest beggar on here for sure! a 15min qtr game! omg, could we cope :D

I love chatting away and ranting at superMLB ints!!

i was playing iksnyzr the other day and my mlb larry foote made a one handed flying leaping int and i laughed and apologized at the stupidity of it, he was as calm as anything, id have been going f-ing mental if it had been the other way round

i do remember getting a late pick to seal a win against mouth once and yelled "get the high street fashion retailer in" fortunately i knew him well enough by then as if it had been a new opponent id have just had to have silently fist pumped the air

and paddy, mouth and agay can tell you what happened the other day when i screamed out at something when playing mouth as we were in a party and my dog went mental, running round and barking as think i startled him!!

• Group:  PFL Legend
  • Content Count:  7,318

Mine and bens games turn into truly epic banter every time. Game would be boring without it in my opinion.

Not sure why Rigglar has named me as someone who has helped him. I don't even know what I'm doing so my advice would be patchy at best :lol: I just talk s**t and occasionally explain what I've seen to audible into a big gain.

I just talk s**t

so same as on here then.......

so same as on here then.......

Zing!

Guest Futureheads

I dont think I have spoken some people on here and I have played 5 full seasons with them in my division. They always let me know they cant thats cool. I think circumstances come into play with how it is at home. Sorry to call out Sparky not meant in a bad way, he always messages prior to a game saying he cant talk due to the newborn and thats fine with me.

• Content Count:  1,376

Thought there would be more backlash with this. Compared to last time, this is a breeze.

The social aspect is a benefit of the microphones and this place wouldn't be here right now if it wasn't for the likes of Rigglar, Berty and co getting on the mic and becoming BFFs :D

BUT, the main reason for this in all leagues that have been run on here, IG/XBLN/PEN/DGN is to neutralise issues before they hit the forum. If there's a problem, a quick chat will resolve it before there's a slanging match on the forum and the community vibe gets f**ked with because two people are too ignorant to resolve things amicably over the mic.

In a game like FIFA, the gameplay isn't restricted by rules set out to make the game more enjoyable.

Madden, you guys have a mahoosive rulebook and certain plays might be fine, some might not, you may want to run things by your opponent or whatever.

Plenty more examples of why a mic should be used in this thread, but thats why its mandatory in all leagues.

Its good to talk :D

• Content Count:  3,863

There are always reasons that people can't chat.

When I've played Sparky he's had a headset on, he's just muted it and not chatted through the game, so I could get hold of him if it was necessary.

I know if I played an early game I wouldn't be chatting (moaning) if my daughter had just gone to bed. Luckily I usually manage to arrange later games when she's asleep, as most guys on here have to wait for the missus to go to bed before they play, anyway! :lol:

• Content Count:  7,623

I'm not a massive fan of mics and try my hardest to keep the chat to a minimum whilst playing, as like a typical bloke I struggle to multi task by playing and talking.

I do find it slightly uncomfortable when the other person is blatantly p**sed off with how the game is going / how they are playing and moaning constantly. That includes me. I talk to my players as if they're real so you will often hear me shout, "What kind of f**king throw was that Josh!" or "I cannot believe you've f**king dropped that!".

Saying that it is useful if you need to get a drink or similar and I do like to say good play to the opponent of they complete a good pass of convert a long 3rd down attempt etc. So I do agree people shoul be wearing mics.

If you're someone that chats all the way through the game though, don't be offended if You only get one word answers from me, I just like to concentrate on playing more than chatting like women.

:lol:

Talking while playing Madden is the way forward! You will need a mic on to play Paddy so you can call out his constant cheese! Be bored out of my bum playing Madden if I couldn't have a natter during the game. Annoys me somewhat that some people don't talk during games. It's meant to be fun not some uber serious concentration test!

What Stuey is trying to say is that you are all beneath him and are not anywhere near his intellectual level to invoke conversation.

That or he takes the game very seriously :shifty:

id best tone itt done if/when we meet in a league game the stuey!! either that or i'll keep up the constant chat as talking all the way through ive managed to put you off and beat you in friendlies!!!

I still blame Phil, Grant and Ajay for my loss in the UKML this season as they were all in my party chanting 'Denmark' and cheering every time I told them I'd given up a first down.

f**kers!

• Content Count:  1,303

I hardly ever chat on the Mic myself tbh

:shifty:

Aye Grant. I remember the deafening silence when I threw that long bomb and your CB parried it into my receivers hands :D

Just enjoy the tactical side of the game and thinking about what play to pick and trying to outsmart someone on play calling is what I enjoy most about the game.

If I'm constantly chatting away (usually about something I'm not really interested in) then I can't concentrate on what I'm doing. I get to the end of the game and can't remember hardly anything that's happened and it all feels a bit hollow win or lose.

Just my personal preference.

Just enjoy the tactical side of the game and thinking about what play to pick and trying to outsmart someone on play calling is what I enjoy most about the game.

If I'm constantly chatting away (usually about something I'm not really interested in) then I can't concentrate on what I'm doing. I get to the end of the game and can't remember hardly anything that's happened and it all feels a bit hollow win or lose.

You may just be taking it a little to seriously ;)

Guest Futureheads

Tried it with Buncey got involved in some conversations and put 14 pts up on him i think he cought on after that.

:lol: Slightly :lol:

That would be all well and good if you won some games ;):lol:

• Content Count:  218

I usually enjoy the chat more than the game, probably because I normally lose.

I'm playing Pils tonight. Looking forward to it!

• Content Count:  575

just had a good f**king rant on madden against helimachoptor, i won, and still hate this game. if bulls**t was cocaine this game would have a street value of a billion quid. still headsets were on and well used! (not just for ranting!)

• Group:  Staff
  • Content Count:  4,129
  • Timezone:  Europe/Dublin

just had a good f**king rant on madden against helimachoptor, i won, and still hate this game. if bulls**t was cocaine this game would have a street value of a billion quid. still headsets were on and well used! (not just for ranting!)

Mate, I have never heard someone curse so much in my entire life but... it was awesome :pfl:

• Content Count:  3,394

Simplest approach with headsets & party invites? if you have a party invite, pm your opponent before you accept...let him know that you will have the headset on but cant or wont be talking that much/often/ at all, but you will be listening.

It saves pm'ing each other during a game and during key moments like KO decisions, play decisions etc. PM'ing your opponent is irn bru even if its to say ' I need to look at my depth chart, can you hold on a mo?' HAving HS's on mean you can actually tell your opponent there and then what you intend on doing....its simples.....no one has to speak all game long. Those who rabbit in my ear and put me off? I mute the f**kers :lmao:

Because I like to think about what I'm doing and enjoy the tactics?......................Ok.

Because I like to think about what I'm doing and enjoy the tactics?......................Ok.

Surely you can do that while talking? Everyone works out tactics but it's not exactly taxing on the brain.

You're not allowed to enjoy madden, mate. Nobody enjoys madden!

as I said, too serious.

I can play better while chatting as it keeps me more relaxed, even better with beer in my head!

as I said, too serious.

I can play better while chatting as it keeps me more relaxed, even better with beer in my head!

Cider has been known to boost my performance!

Random drug/intoxication testing, coming soon to the PFL

• Content Count:  575

You're not allowed to enjoy madden, mate. Nobody enjoys madden!

i certainly dont enjoy madden!

Random drug/intoxication testing, coming soon to the PFL

:lol:

• Content Count:  392

Despite the strange looks and comments from my wife, I'm starting to get used to the mic. However, not one for talking too much as have young kids trying to sleep

Despite the strange looks and comments from my wife, I'm starting to get used to the mic. However, not one for talking too much as have young kids trying to sleep

Oh the looks I sometimes get when I am mid game and one of the kids wakes up and means the wife has to tear herself away from Zynga Bingo on Facebook.

Memorable moment was a game last year v. an old name, ToffDuff. Me and Toff chatting away when behind me the wife and our 18 year old daughter start slanging match and shouting at each other. Toff says to me "Bit of a domestic?" :lol:

• Group:  NBA2k
  • Content Count:  568

Where is the Toffster these days?

He did so enjoy having the 1st draft pick every year in the PFL!

Edited by ZeroEcho99

• Content Count:  392

Oh the looks I sometimes get when I am mid game and one of the kids wakes up and means the wife has to tear herself away from Zynga Bingo on Facebook.

Memorable moment was a game last year v. an old name, ToffDuff. Me and Toff chatting away when behind me the wife and our 18 year old daughter start slanging match and shouting at each other. Toff says to me "Bit of a domestic?" :lol:

Brilliant. The nearest I'll get to that is my 3 year old son screaming to watch Jake & The Never Land Pirates whilst I'm playing Maddens. Hence, all my games late!

Where is the Toffster these days?

He did so enjoy having the 1st draft pick every year in the PFL!

He's around and about. I'm friends with him on Facebook. We might see him back for M13, but gaming was taking over and he was better off spending time with his wife and daughter.

I have my own little gaming room so that I can't disturb anyone. I do get my son wandering in to borrow a dvd now and again, but other than that I can pretty much moan to my hearts content. Only problem I have is when the missus is out, I have to keep an ear out for the baby, so don't talk as much.

Yeah I haz my own gaming room as well so can chat till i'm happy :lol:

Even if my opponent doesnt have a Mic I just hijack someone else's party and annoy them

• Content Count:  3,213

Oh dear... I have only used the mic a few brief times.

As a normally quiet person, not really looking forward to using the mic for all these games to be honest as I don't really know what to say to the other person and can't help but feel it'll be like those awkward moments of silence in a lift with strangers...

So, as much as I'm not looking forward to it I respect the decision to use them and will give it a go but I apologise if I in advance if I don't say much (and I'm not sure if I'll be able to refrain from a bit of swearing if the kids aren't in earshot..)

So, you'll probably get a "hello", "good game", "good play", and the occaisional "what the f**k just happened..."

Mind you, my headset is just the standard one that comes with the xbox360 and I've never used this one. The other one I had access to broke recently. So I hope this one does the job.

• Content Count:  2,326
  • Timezone:  Europe/Dublin

Toffduff has gone big into family and health As Rigglar said I think he found he was spending too much time on the XBox. He does a lot of running now. He had one run of over 12 miles this week ( I use same app as him but I just walk ).

As for chatting, I also have a room to game in. Only thing that disturbs me is the Mrs walking in telling me I am a big kid and I telling me I spout some awful crap down the mic. For me the whole enjoyment of Madden is in the banter during the game. I have learned so much chatting with other guys in game, particularly Goonertaff whose knowledge of the game simpy astounds me at times. We often spend as long after the game talking about different concepts as we do actually playing the game.

Don't think I have ever got annoyed on the mic with anyone. However when playing someone without a mic I can definitely get annoyed. There is something I find very irritating about playing without a mic, its like playing the cpu. Somehow I find defeats with micced up opponents so much easier to take.

Most likely to say:

- Big laugh followed by "I / You dodged a bullet there" ( after a pass that should have been picked off )

Least likely to say:

- "Thats a lovely nano blitz"

Most likely to say:

- Big laugh followed by "I / You dodged a bullet there" ( after a pass that should have been picked off )

Heard that once or twice :D

Most likely to say:

Same here :lol:

• Content Count:  571

I love using the mics and fnd that it adds another dimension to the league set up.

I know it's just a game, but I feel using the headset plays a part in keeping people actively engaged as you get to develop relationships with people. A few times, I could have easily thrown the towel in on M12, but didn't want to leave the league because fo the great community and I am sure I am not alone in having those thoughts.

It also provides you with some quality lol moments. Just the other night I was playing Quietlife, when I joined the game I said the usual hello good luck etc but got no response so didn't think he had his headset on. In the 3rd qtr of the game he throw a long bomb which my corner batted down, unfortunately it bounced of about 3 players hands before his wr caught it for a big gain. Forgetting that I had left my mic on I spouted "you lucky c**t" which was greeted by a barrel of laughs from Quitelife as he was there afterall :lmao:

That been said, if I have had a crap day and don't feel particularly chatty, or the Mrs is gnoshing me off whilst I play :sneaky1: , I keep the chat to the bare minimum.

I love using the mics and fnd that it adds another dimension to the league set up.

I know it's just a game, but I feel using the headset plays a part in keeping people actively engaged as you get to develop relationships with people. A few times, I could have easily thrown the towel in on M12, but didn't want to leave the league because fo the great community and I am sure I am not alone in having those thoughts.

It also provides you with some quality lol moments. Just the other night I was playing Quietlife, when I joined the game I said the usual hello good luck etc but got no response so didn't think he had his headset on. In the 3rd qtr of the game he throw a long bomb which my corner batted down, unfortunately it bounced of about 3 players hands before his wr caught it for a big gain. Forgetting that I had left my mic on I spouted "you lucky c**t" which was greeted by a barrel of laughs from Quitelife as he was there afterall :lmao:

That been said, if I have had a crap day and don't feel particularly chatty, or the Mrs is gnoshing me off whilst I play :sneaky1: , I keep the chat to the bare minimum.

Tbf jamie you talk s**te most of the time anyway! So prob best you keep quiet at times

• Group:  NBA2k
  • Content Count:  568

Tbf jamie you talk s**te most of the time anyway! So prob best you keep quiet at times

Pot, kettle......

Pot, kettle......

Your PS3 broken???

:shifty:

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Staff
  • Content Count:  5,997

yeah got my turtle beach x1 or x11 cant remember