Banned

Banning a member from the site isn't a decision made lightly. It is doubly difficult when the person in question has been a long standing member of the Madden set-up. Regrettably, this is something I have chosen to do in the past 24 hours.

Initially it was a 5 day suspension from posting as the result of a crass and insensitive post regarding the death of Jovan Belcher and the murder of his girlfriend. However he wasn't able to accept that suspension and so created a second account and then proceeded to launch a personal and public attack towards one member as well as sending a PM to back it up and an accusatory PM to another member. In one of those messages, he also named 7 other members of the site, citing that they had the same feelings as himself.

I don't expect that everyone will get along with everybody all the time. We will have our differences, but in the main, as grown men, we are able to manage and express ourselves in an articulate and mature manner, and not have the need to drag in other people from the site to justify or re-enforce the argument. I am sure that everybody here has the ability to air their own grievances, should they have any, without relying on a disgruntled member to air them for you.

This site is going from strength to strength and it will continue to grow. The main reason MaddenPFL is a success is down to the members. Without the community aspect to the site, it would just be like any other faceless gaming site. MaddenPFL is more than that.

Alan

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Timezone:  Europe/London

Well said Alan. Sometimes its like I never left work. Very immature actions from a particular member.

• Content Count:  7,671

I wonder if the 7 that were named, knew they were named as supporting the actions, as i dont recall anyone agreeing with them

• Content Count:  293
  • Timezone:  UTC

it was a convo were people were talking about boycotting the league because of a certain indiviual cheating at the time etc. so dont act like its all grants doing at all phil.

• Content Count:  2,663

Who got banned?

themouth/Grant Warren

Agree with the decision made Alan, was unecessary and was something I never expected to see on this site.

• Content Count:  575

Death is never something to be taken lightly.

• Group:  NBA2k
  • Content Count:  568

I hope for the sake of the site that it's a perma ban as it's been a long time in coming.

• Like 1

Guest Futureheads

I dont agree with the follow up onslaught that happened, although I never got to read it.

I do think some people are being over sensitive here, his original comment was no class and I would never do that. However someone would of said it, it would of done the rounds on twitter or facebook or some social network.

He is harmless in my eyes but there is clearly beef between some members, and if admin thought this was the right call thats fair play to them. I just dont agree people calling him out when he cant defend himself thats just as low.

Hes banned Rigg has acted fairly just leave it, no need to take it further at him unless in a PM to him IMO.

I steered cleared from that thread as my opinions would of totally gone against the sentiment of the thread, not that I would slate the fella but there are bigger issues this has caused.

• Content Count:  3,863

Hes banned Rigg has acted fairly just leave it, no need to take it further at him unless in a PM to him IMO.

This is a fair point.

Decision made and we move on.

If you have an ongoing problem with Grant please take it up with him and keep it off site :up:

• Content Count:  1,015

wow, missed all of this, don't know what Grant did but I do know Al wouldn't of banned him without a dam good reason

lets get back to playing Madden :up:

• Content Count:  2,663

Future, there was no enslaught. The only things censored were from him no one else...

• Group:  PFL Legend
  • Content Count:  1,159

I wasnt on the site much over the weekend, however I did see the comment, and I agree it was in poor taste but I am not sure it warranted a ban tbh. Grant's timing was awful, and the manner of which the player died I am sure hit a few members harder than others. However, I should imagine most people on this site have seen/heard much when other famous people have passed away. As Jaime says it seems people are being a bit over sensitive here.

I'm not sure what went on with regards PM'ing other members and personal attacks, although I can see still the thread and it doesn't look like all the abuse was coming from one side.

• Like 1

• Group:  PFL Legend
  • Content Count:  571

It's a shame that it has come to such a decision having to be made, but this was always inevitable imo.

Grant has been around for a while and was often funny but never far away from controversy. If you just look at the single comment made the other night, then his banning may seem harsh, but in reality Grant has attempted to make a career out of posting senseless comments in an attempt to annoy or upset people to then hide behind the fact that "it was only a joke".

It must have been tough for Alan to make such a big decision, but in the end Grant made it for him and he is most certainly not the victim here.

I wasnt on the site much over the weekend, however I did see the comment, and I agree it was in poor taste but I am not sure it warranted a ban tbh. Grant's timing was awful, and the manner of which the player died I am sure hit a few members harder than others. However, I should imagine most people on this site have seen/heard much when other famous people have passed away. As Jaime says it seems people are being a bit over sensitive here.

I'm not sure what went on with regards PM'ing other members and personal attacks, although I can see still the thread and it doesn't look like all the abuse was coming from one side.