Space For A Rookie?

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  28
  • Timezone:  UTC

Afternoon All,

I am quite new to the NFL and have been getting into it this season so decided to pick up Madden 13 for my Xbox after playing the demo a fair bit.

I am hoping to use this to learn more about the teams, players and intricacies of the game.

So pretty much a complete newbie but if people are happy to get some easy victories and give me some pointers afterwards I would love to be involved in a league / online franchise whilst I learn and have a laugh.

Other than that I'm a 26 year old father of 2 and when I'm not doing that or working I tend to use up my time on the Xbox.

Thanks

Bennett

• Content Count:  7,671
  • Timezone:  Europe/London

welcome to the site mate

youve come to the right place as there are plenty of people on here willing to help people out and loads of people, myself included, have taken up these offers

we have a community you can join and hit up some people for friendlies, also as regards leagues im sure the various commisioners will be along soon to point you in the right direction of availability

• Group:  PFL Legend
  • Content Count:  7,623

Hi mate,

Welcome to the site. You're in the right place. I'm relatively new to the NFL too and playing Madden has helped me understand the game loads.

Most leagues are full currently but we do have space in the Fantasy Draft League. You'll learn alot about players in that league as all the teams have been drafted and are not the actual NFL rosters.

We currently have a few games left this season which you can play in, then we are drafting again for season 2 if you want in?

• Group:  PFL Coach
  • Content Count:  3,707

more important who u follow in nfl ?

welcome

Edited by trooper uk
  • Like 1

• Content Count:  600
  • Timezone:  Europe/Copenhagen

Welcome mate

I am sure you will find what you are looking for. As Riverman says, you can join the MaddenPFL community and look for people to play SIM football friendlies.

Also there is a thread in the forums somewhere, where you can post if you are looking for a game. Sometimes some of the more experienced players offer one-on-one sessions, where they share their knowledge. Just pay attention to the forums :)

haha, No confirmed allegance at the moment, I enjoyed the Redskins / Giants game the other night but haven't decided who to follow yet.

Fantasy draft sounds daunting but what the hell, Sure I'm up for that should I head over to another thread to sign up?

Only literally picked up the full game today but I'm happy to jump in for a few games at the tail end of your season as long as I'm not going to swing the season for anyone in the process.

haha, No confirmed allegance at the moment, I enjoyed the Redskins / Giants game the other night but haven't decided who to follow yet.

Fantasy draft sounds daunting but what the hell, Sure I'm up for that should I head over to another thread to sign up?

Only literally picked up the full game today but I'm happy to jump in for a few games at the tail end of your season as long as I'm not going to swing the season for anyone in the process.

Neither of those would be a good starting point :eagles:

• Group:  PFL Legend
  • Content Count:  7,623

It's good fun mate. It shows the players Overall ratings so you can't go too wrong drafting. Stick your name in this thread for season 2.

http://maddenpfl.com...tasy-franchise/

Goldenbeard is the Commish to that league, so he can get you signed up for the last few games this year. He'll be along soon I'm sure. There is a thread that details the remaining teams and some of their players:

http://maddenpfl.com...-their-rosters/

Not sure how up to date that is.

I'd say, play a couple of games in that and see if you enjoy playing, and then you can stick your name on the waiting lists for other leagues. The waiting lists are short, so you'll get into leagues very quickly.

Hope that helps. :up:

ps. could you just make one more forum post as once you've made 5 it activates the PM service on site so we can Private Message you details.

• Content Count:  1,012

:hi: Don't listen to riverman, he's misguided. Eagles are gash!! The Dolphins on the other hand are a great team to follow! :dolphins:

Anyway, welcome to the site man! Good to have you aboard. :up:

Cheers for the welcome and help and think I should be at 5 post now :rock:

im around tomorrow evening from 5:30 onwards if you fancy a game, gt is same as username, just name a time

• Content Count:  2,767

:steelers:

Not sure on tomorrow night yet Riverman as missus is away for a couple of days from sunday so will probably want some attention, Will give you a shout if I get chance for a game.

And sorry ramburgers Steelers are one of those teams that I have had an instant irrational dislike for :g:

Not sure on tomorrow night yet Riverman as missus is away for a couple of days from sunday so will probably want some attention, Will give you a shout if I get chance for a game.

And sorry ramburgers Steelers are one of those teams that I have had an instant irrational dislike for :g:

we pretty much all do mate, he's just a bit "special"

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2,767

pookeynoodle!

we pretty much all do mate, he's just a bit "special"

and f**k you phil bear!

• 4 months later...

I thoguht a thread revival was better than a new intro.

Well Hello all, I'm back. Apoligies for disappearing abruptly but life went a bit nuts and ended up putting the nfl and madden on the back burner. I enjoyed the short time I was here so now things have settled I thought I'd come back. I'm getting pumped for the enw season and will probably be staying up for the Draft tonight if anyone is knocking around in a chat somewhere?

Other than that I don't have Madden at the moment and have decided to wait till 14 now to pick it up.

I have NHL 13 if anyone fancies smashing a newbie at that. Until 14 I'll be knocking around the forums and chats.

Anyone doing a proper fantasy football league for the new season? I'd be interested in having my rookie season if someone can point me in the right direction.

Gamertag/Twitter handle is now Statfather if anyone wants to chuck us a FR,

Other than that sorry again and I'll hopefully catch some of you in some games soon so I can "Crash the Line"

• Content Count:  3,863

Welcome back, matey :up:

We have an NHL league running on here, now. Check out the forum for details on joining, if you're interested :) 

• 4 months later...

• Content Count:  119

Hello