Rules Reminder

The big issue has been one or two players coming out in quarters or dime and audibling down to 3-4 or 4-3 straight away. Not only doing this but doing it on almost every play.

You end up with a safety in the line in place of a DE.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  140
  • Timezone:  Europe/London

Just a follow up on the QB running. I don´t plan to rush with him, but it seems as his mobility and ability to throw on the run is Ponder´s best quality. Is it ok to move away from the pressure some 4,5 yards to the side and then throwing it ? With Schaub i´ve just taken the sack or thrown it quick, with Ponder i might actually have a chance to buy a second to hit a receiver.

• Content Count:  7,671

as with all things mate as long as its not excessive its fine, i see no issue in moving a qb away from prressure to avoid a sack and throw a pass

the rule is to stop people immediately rolling right from the snap, not to avoid a sack, thats fine

Moving away from pressure is one thing - that's ok. It's when the QB

1. Drops back straight after the snap. 10 yards is the limit, and in shotgun that's stretching it

2. Rolls out to the sideline to lob a pass deep or across the field

3. Runs around like a headless chicken

4. All or any of the above combined

All of these are what we have all experienced in lobby games and we come here to get away from that type of play

:pfl:

• Content Count:  140

definite no on all acounts i´d say ;) as said, it´s more me trying to evade the rush to the side or move back into the pocket after the dropback animation (edge rushes) and dumping it off into the flat instead of just waiting it out and hope someone gets open like i would with Schaub.

To be honest, it´s all theory so far as in practice more often that not i get sacked anyway ;)

Edited by Whomario