NBA n00b

Alright lads

I'm Mike, i'm over on PEN.  Was told you's had an NBA association here by another guy on PEN, GovernedSpy (Think he's maybe a FLM lad, anyway cheers for the referral mate)  Not really sure what an NBA Association is TBH, only got the game last week. Don't really fancy playing normal online, just a copy of PES/FIFA, only replacing Barca/Madrid with Heat.

New to basketball in general really, was really wanting to see more after watching the Olympics, so it's nice to have it on Sky on Sunday's.

I'm really bad at NBA, like really bad, if any of you were on PEN back in the day, you may be able to compare me to PEN's Squirrel :lol: (He won't mind me saying so either)

Anyway, if you lads could actually explain to me what the NBA association is or what sort of setup you's run for the game (Also if you have any room :lol: ) that would be great :2up: 

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  218
  • Timezone:  Europe/London

Welcome to the site!

• Group:  New Member
  • Content Count:  1
  • Timezone:  UTC

:pfl:

• Content Count:  118
  • Timezone:  Europe/Sofia

Hello and welcome mate.

The NBA Association we play is with fantasy draft which means randomized players around the teams.

You come in time just for the second season, I presume you will be given an already randomized team but Goonertaff will say more about it as he is the man who runs the league.

As for your NBA skills, the game needs some time to get used to it, but once you start understanding basketball more, you will be fine. I suggest you can start an offline association or season with one team, just to get few games under your belt.

Add me on Live and I'll give you a friendly, it's the only game I play lately. :lol::up:

Hello and welcome mate.

The NBA Association we play is with fantasy draft which means randomized players around the teams.

You come in time just for the second season, I presume you will be given an already randomized team but Goonertaff will say more about it as he is the man who runs the league.

As for your NBA skills, the game needs some time to get used to it, but once you start understanding basketball more, you will be fine. I suggest you can start an offline association or season with one team, just to get few games under your belt.

Add me on Live and I'll give you a friendly, it's the only game I play lately. :lol::up:

Cool, how many games are we required to play and how often? I really am bad, i'm bad at scoring but not abysmal, defending on the other hand... haha, I suppose you'll see if we have a game and we'll see the sort of numbers you put past me.

I'll add you mate and we'll play soon and you can own me :lol:

Thanks for the welcomes lads :up:

Edited by Notorious

• Group:  PS Commissioner
  • Content Count:  1,820
  • Timezone:  Europe/Dublin

Welcome Notorious.

I might join the association too for some games so I'm up some friendly's if you guys want one

• Content Count:  693

Guys

Welcome I run the NBA league

Will post a more detailed welcome this evening when u get in

Cheers

Right then guys a proper hello

Currently we are in the preseason of season 2 however the 2k servers are fecking disgraceful

So we are either having the season two draft at noon this sat or I'm setting up a brand new franchise and we will have a fantasy draft at noon on sat

If you can make it great I will give the log in for the existing franchise or the log in for the new one

If you can't your more than welcome to pick up a free team as and when you can join

We play 29 games over a 6 months in game period

Or a month every real week

Each game lasts 30 mins

And generally you have. 1 or 2 human games and 1 or 2 CPU games a week

The CPU games u can play whenever you want the human v human games we use a thread in the forums to organise a convenient time to play

I can force a sim win for either player if one person does nt show or does nt post

The rules are pretty straight forward

Just find the NbA forums under other leagues and have a read

Feel free to pm me if you want some help or assistance

We have players ranging from veterans who buy the game every year and play it non stop to guys who bought it 6 weeks ago and did nt know the rules

Its friendly not overly competitive and every one try's to help eveyone else improve

Let me know if you want to join or ask any questions

Cheers

Right then guys a proper hello

Currently we are in the preseason of season 2 however the 2k servers are fecking disgraceful

So we are either having the season two draft at noon this sat or I'm setting up a brand new franchise and we will have a fantasy draft at noon on sat

If you can make it great I will give the log in for the existing franchise or the log in for the new one

If you can't your more than welcome to pick up a free team as and when you can join

We play 29 games over a 6 months in game period

Or a month every real week

Each game lasts 30 mins

And generally you have. 1 or 2 human games and 1 or 2 CPU games a week

The CPU games u can play whenever you want the human v human games we use a thread in the forums to organise a convenient time to play

I can force a sim win for either player if one person does nt show or does nt post

The rules are pretty straight forward

Just find the NbA forums under other leagues and have a read

Feel free to pm me if you want some help or assistance

We have players ranging from veterans who buy the game every year and play it non stop to guys who bought it 6 weeks ago and did nt know the rules

Its friendly not overly competitive and every one try's to help eveyone else improve

Let me know if you want to join or ask any questions

Cheers

Why do you have CPU in assoctiation, not enough members to control all teams just yes?

I've had a read through the rules,  I don't undertand a few though, as I dont have a full grasp of basketball terminology. I get the screen shaking on free throws bit, and the 50% shooting, is that like, don't be passing to a star player and only shooting with him?

I'm game to play if you's are willing to have me, I will warn you though, you may need to do a good bit of explaining :lol: As far as poor etiquitte during play, I havn't been on the game long enough to really understand a lot of that, the one thing i've noticed online is some people always trying to get charging calls against opponents. I doubt it will be an issue though as I won't win a game! :lol:

About the draft, do you just randomly assign the teams, or do you all have teams and the draft is for players?

Thanks for taking the time to help mate :pfl:

To answer the above

Yep the leagues works with the full 30 teams so the CPU runs the remainder

If your unsure of the rules just ask

Feel free to join

all levels of ability are welcome as I said we have several players who started playing 6 weeks ago

As to the draft a few people like to play as certain teams I always take the bulls

But the draft is a fantasy draft so no one has an advantage in player squads from the off

Like the heat for example

If you can make it for 12 today great if not just pick up a team when you sign in

The log on details are in the nba forums under new association

Cheers and welcome