AARON, BEYOND THE GAME, AIDOPOTATO, FAZAK
These set of rules govern ONLY the PS4 League and are based off feedback received from the PS4 community on things during Madden 19 and areas that needed addressed.
Quarter Length - 9 minute quarters; 15 second run off.
4th Down Rules:
- Losing 21 + going for it is permitted from any distance
- Inside opponents 5 when behind, tying or 14 or less ahead going for it is permitted
- If leading by 15 or more points going for it is not permitted
- If the rules prevent you from going for it on 4th down you can't come out in a play with the view to draw an offside via a hard count.
- From 50-yard line in and distance 4th and 1 or less going for it is permitted
- From 50 yard line in and losing or tying any distance is permitted.
- Any distance when losing it is permitted
- When winning by 14 or less and in opponents, half where 1st down will end the game by running out the clock going for it is permitted
When in overtime and 4th and 2 or less going for it is allowed from any position.
- Mix up your man and zone plays and try to be as diverse as possible. Use both man and zone defense. Do not just abuse one or the other the entire game. Neither can be used more than a 70% of the time
- Variations of Zone coverage No one zone concept should be used more than 35% of your zone plays. mix it up between Cover 1, Cover 2, Cover 3, Cover 4 etc
- Over use of certain plays in specific circumstances will also be considered a rule infringement. eg over use of cover 4 when opponent is in your red zone.
- Blitzing blitz plays should be called a maximum of 50% of defensive play calls. Blitz play calls must also be varied, from man and zone coverage
During the season we will carry out a random audit to ensure the following is being adhered to by all players.
- You can't use the same play more than twice on the same drive.
- You can't run the same play more than 3 times during a game but when using no huddle (ignore this rule as you are limited when selecting plays).
- Limit of 3 offensive hot routes per play. This applies to changing a receivers route only.
- Running with a QB & sideline passing - after a snap running immediately to the sideline from the snap and throwing the ball isn't allowed (unless this is a designed play - ie. PA Rollout). Understand you will look to move out of the pocket to avoid pressure but generally, you wouldn't be doing this immediately after the snap but as the play is breaking down. I would allow 5 seconds in the pocket as a rule of thumb
- Variation of Run/Pass - during a game please ensure you are balanced between Run/Pass - would expect that there is no more than 65% one side to the other. We understand there may be some games where you are running the clock due to the score this will be taken into consideration. However, during the season ensure there isn't this uneven split.
We will look to carry out random audits on this during the season.
Overall Gameplay This is a sim league and broadly speaking general gameplay should be aimed to correspond with what you see in the NFL. Commissioners have the discretion to assess this. If you have issues with somebody’s playstyle over something which is not covered in the rules below, please bring it privately to the commissioners' attention.
Gameplay assists ball hawk, heat seek etc are optional
Max winning margin of 35 points v CPU & Human - should you win by more than this you will incur a 1 match ban.
Streaming and Archiving - UPDATE - This is now mandatory and you need to ensure Archiving is on. If it isn't you will be subject to a 1 match ban if requests are ignored.
Fake field goals and punts - 1 per game (regardless if it succeeds or fails) as long as its 4th and 2 or less on distance.
Going for 2 – Going for 2 points is now allowed in any situation. Keep in mind the respect of your opponent, ie. don't got for 2 in silly situations to run up the score.
No Huddle Offence –
You are allowed to go to no huddle inside the 1st half two-minute warning if you're not leading by more than 10 points.
If you are behind by more than 14 points in the 3rd quarter you can go no huddle.
If you are behind by any amount in the 4th quarter you can go no huddle.
CPU Games - MUST BE STREAMED AND ARCHIVED - Sometimes there will be CPU games due to people been on holiday or unavailable during the game week. We appreciate that CPU games can be a bore and painful to play however when playing against a CPU please don’t take the p**s. Ideally, this means running up the score and stats on the CPU. We expect that you would play the game the same way you would play a human so when the game is over you don’t take more shots at the end zone to get TDs.
Respect – Respect you, opponent, if you are speaking during the game (which you should be) you will know if they are having a bad time and enough of the game. Do not purposely run up the score, you can ask if you want them to clock chew etc the most important thing about our league is our community and respect for each other.
Chew Clock - switching on chew clock is only allowed within the 2 minute warning at the end of the 2nd quarter and in the last 3 minutes of the 4th quarter. Players should also not be winding the clock down fully on every play even when chew clock not turned on. There are times where you will need to make adjustments to a play which will necessitate using your full play clock but this shouldn't be on every play as this is in effect time wasting.
Rage Quitting – Not acceptable, if you do it you will be removed from the league immediately.
Playbooks – You can choose any playbook you want on either side of the ball. Custom & Generic playbooks are not allowed - you are limited to the Playbooks of the 32 teams in the league.
Editing Players – You can now edit a players position as many times as you wish during the season. Post your changes into the position change thread once you have done them. The following changes are allowed:
Offensive Linemen – to any other position on the OL (RT to LG, C to RT etc)
Defensive Linemen – to any other position on the DL (RE to DT, LE to RE etc)
Defensive Ends and Linebackers – OLB to DE and DE to OLB
Linebackers – to any other LB position (LOLB to MLB, MLB to ROLB etc)
Defensive Backs – to any other position at DB (CB to FS, SS to CB etc)
If someone changes a players position that is not on the list above, the player that has been changed will have to be changed back to his original position and cut from the roster (regardless of the cap pen). You will not be allowed to pick this player back up.
POSITION SWITCHING of SUPERSTAR or X-FACTOR PLAYERS is only allowed AFTER approval, and only during the off season or after joining your team through a trade or FA mid-season. You may only change their position ONCE during the off season IF approved. Failure to adhere to this will result in a 4 game ban and a 25 point injury hit to that player for one season for Performance Enhancing.
A maximum of 7 players can be resigned each season, this is to encourage a more active free agency at the end of each season
Contracts for resigning players are max 4 years and no more than 50% of the contract is allowed to be bonus, for example if you offer 10m salary you can’t offer more than 10m bonus.
If a player asks for more than 4 years you must screenshot and send to the commissioners. As proof that the player really asked for more years.
Players signed in Free Agency will follow the same rule as resigning if they ask for more years you can offer - the list of players asking for more than 4 years will be published.
1-year contract exception: Resigning and Free agency bids where the contract offered is only for one year is not limited by the 50% salary bonus rule to simulate short term almost fully guaranteed contracts seen in the NFL usually for older players. So say for example Dez Bryant is available in Free Agency, you can give offer him a one year deal for minimum salary with the rest of the offer consisting of bonus.
Any player signed that breaks any of the above will have to be cut immediately, the cap penalty will be adjusted accordingly as to not hamstrung the franchise (ie. 25% of the bonus will be taken as a Cap Penalty)
Waivers & Regular Season FA’s – Following the draft we will do a waiver wire. Order will follow the draft order (first season team overall) Submissions will be hidden and will be awarded. Following this FA will be open to all. During the season FA is open to all.
Trades – All trades need to be posted to the trade section of the site, both parties need to agree to the trade on the post and then the trade must be approved by a commissioner before complete the trade. UPDATE - You cannot trade a player signed or traded for in the same season. I.e. Dont sign a free agent then trade him same season.
Practice Squads - Practice squad members are treated like free agents, if you want a player keep him on your 53, if he's in your practice squad he's fair game.
Arranging Games / Fixtures:
- Please offer a time during the core hours of 6pm until 10.30pm. You are of course free to play whenever during the day.
- Please contact your opponent directly via Discord, (also Facebook in WFL) or on the forum. Do not post in main chat. If you haven't responded 24 hours before the advance, you will be set to AP by a league admin.
1st offence for a break of league rules a warning will be issued
2nd offence will incur an owner being placed on AP for 1 week
3rd offence will incur an owner being placed on AP for 2 weeks
4th offence owner will be expelled from the league
Commissioners reserve the right to increase sanctions for any breach of rules based on the seriousness of the offence
League Content - As you can all see we are working hard to improve the media side of the league and want as many members as possible writing blogs, news reports, streaming games, everyone is welcome to join our podcasts as guests whenever they want etc so join in the fun!