AARON, BEYOND THE GAME, AIDOPOTATO, FAZAK
|BEYOND THE GAME|
4th Down Rules:
- Losing 21 + going for it is permitted from any distance
- Inside opponents 5 when behind or 8 or less ahead going for it is permitted
- If leading by 9 or more points going for it is not permitted
- If the rules prevent you from going for it on 4th down you can't come out in a play with the view to draw an offside via a hard count.
- Inside 40 and distance 4th and 1 or less going for it is permitted
- Inside 40 and distance 4th and 2 or less going for it is permitted
- Any distance when 14 or more behind going for it is permitted
Last 5 minutes of game
- Any distance when losing going for it is permitted
- When winning by 8 or less and in opponents half where 1st down will end the game by running out the clock going for it is permitted
- anytime in opposition half
- anywhere 4th &2 or less
- Mix up your man and zone plays and try to be as diverse as possible. Use both man and zone defense. Do not just abuse one or the other the entire game. Neither can be used more than a 70% of the time
- Variations of Zone coverages No one zone concept should be used more than 35% of your zone plays. mix it up between Cover 1, Cover 2, Cover 3, Cover 4 etc
- Over use of certain plays in specific circumstances will also be considered a rule infringement. eg over use of cover 4 when opponent is in your red zone.
- Blitzing blitz plays should be called a maximum of 50% of defensive play calls. Blitz play calls must also be varied, from man and zone coverage
During the season we will carry out a random audit to ensure the following is being adhered to by all players.
- You can't use the same play more than twice on the same drive.
- You can't run the same play more than 5 times during a game.
- Limit of 3 offensive hot routes per play. This applies to changing a receivers route only.
- Running with a QB & sideline passing - after a snap running immediately to the sideline from the snap and throwing the ball isn't allowed (unless this is a designed play - ie. PA Rollout). Understand you will look to move out of the pocket to avoid pressure but generally you wouldn't be doing this immediately after the snap but as the play is breaking down. I would allow 5 seconds in the pocket as a rule of thumb
- Variation of Run/Pass - during a game please ensure you are balanced between Run/Pass - would expect that there is no more than 65% one side to the other. We understand there may be some games where you are running the clock due to the score this will be taken into consideration. However during the season ensure there isn't this uneven split.
We will look to carry out random audits on this during the season.
Max winning margin of 35 points v CPU & Human - should you win by more than this you will incur a 1 match ban.
Headsets - Please ensure you are wearing headsets when playing if possible - Understand there are times where this isn't possible and I'm not expecting you to become best mates with the other guy - however it just makes things easier to communicate when there are issues etc. But most importantly helps contribute to a community.
Streaming and Archiving - We would like to heavily encourage games to be streamed and Archived if you need help on this let me know. This helps us as a community and helps resolve any issues.
Fake field goals and punts are NOT allowed under any circumstances
Going for 2 – Going for 2 points is now allowed in any situation. Keep in mind the respect of your opponent, ie. don't got for 2 in silly situations to run up the score.
No Huddle Offence – *RECENTLY CHANGED*
You are allowed to go to no huddle inside the 1st half two minute warning if you're not leading by more than 10 points.
If you are behind by more than 14 points in the 3rd quarter you can go no huddle.
If you are behind by any amount in the 4th quarter you can go no huddle.
Respect – Respect you opponent, if you are speaking during the game (which you should be) you will know if they are having a bad time and enough of the game. Do not purposely run up the score, you can ask if you want them to clock chew etc the most important thing about our league is our community and respect for each other.
Chew Clock - switching on chew clock is only allowed within the 2 minute warning at the end of the 2nd quarter and in the last 3 minutes of the 4th quarter. Players should also not be winding the clock down fully on every play even when chew clock not turned on. There are times where you will need to make adjustments to a play which will necessitate using your full play clock but this shouldn't be on every play as this is in effect time wasting.
Rage Quitting – Not acceptable, if you do it you will be removed from the league immediately.
Fixtures - Fixtures will be posted in advance of each game week. Please arrange games promptly. If no post has been made in the fixtures thread within 72 hours of the next scheduled advance you may be put on AP. If fixtures are arranged on group me please post in thread to confirm so commissioners can track the progress
Playbooks – You can choose any playbook you want on either side of the ball. Custom playbooks are not allowed.
Editing Players – You can now edit a players position as many times as you wish during the season. Post your changes into the position change thread once you have done them. The following changes are allowed:
Offensive Linemen – to any other position on the OL (RT to LG, C to RT etc)
Defensive Linemen – to any other position on the DL (RE to DT, LE to RE etc)
Defensive Ends and Linebackers – OLB to DE and DE to OLB
Linebackers – to any other LB position (LOLB to MLB, MLB to ROLB etc)
Defensive Backs – to any other position at DB (CB to FS, SS to CB etc)
If someone changes a players position that is not on the list above, the player that has been changed will have to be changed back to his original position and cut from the roster (regardless of the cap pen). You will not be allowed to pick this player back up.
Contracts – Contracts for resigning players are max 4 years and no more than 50% of the contract is allowed to be bonus, for example if you offer 10m salary you can't offer more than 10m bonus. (picture evidence if your player wants longer than 4 years)
Resigning Limits - 7 players per season
Players signed in free agency are max 4 year deals with the same salary/bonus rule.
1 year contract exception: Resignings and Free agency bids where the contract offered is only for one year is not limited by the 50% salary bonus rule in order to simulate short term almost fully guaranteed contracts seen in the NFL usually for older players. So say for example Dez Bryant is available in Free Agency, you can give offer him a one year deal for minimum salary with the rest of the offer consisting of bonus.
Any player signed that breaks any of the above will have to be cut immediately, the cap penalty will be adjusted accordingly as to not hamstrung the franchise (ie. 25% of the bonus will be taken as a Cap Penalty)
Waivers & Regular Season FA’s – Following the draft we will do a waiver wire. Order will follow the draft order (first season team overall) Submissions will be hidden and will be awarded. Following this FA will be open to all. During the season FA is open to all.
Trades – All trades need to be posted to the trade section of the site, both parties need to agree to the trade on the post and then the trade must be approved by a commissioner before complete the trade.
Practice Squads - Practice squad members are treated like free agents, if you want a player keep him on your 53, if he's in your practice squad he's fair game.
1st offence for break of league rules a warning will be issued
2nd offence will incur a owner being placed on AP for 1 week
3rd offence will incur a owner being placed on AP for 2 weeks
4th offence owner will be expelled from the league
Commissioners reserve the right to increase sanctions for any breach of rules based on the seriousness of the offence
Group Me - The Groupme is up and running send me your email address if you want to join. This is a good way to keep in close contact with each other, however the site is where fixtures need to be arranged, if you have not posted on the fixutres thread by advance you will be put on AP, I do not want to hear any one say 'but we arranged the game on group me'
League Content - As you can all see we are working hard to improve the media side of the league and want as many members as possible writing blogs, news reports, streaming games, every one is welcome to join our podcasts as guests whenever they want etc so join in the fun!