Sign in to follow this  
Beyond The Game

NFL 2018 Offseason

What an offseason it has been this far and we are only getting started any surprises you've seen this far?

Mike Evans just got paid!!! $$$$

Thoughts @StueyH111 and @Stuarty1973

They keep on coming now Landry traded to the Browns!!!

thoughts @TopLoader??

Browns doing a poor mans version of the rams offseason today. 

Tyrod Taylor and Firstnameicantspell Randall added for midrounders. 

1 hour ago, Beyond The Game said:

They keep on coming now Landry traded to the Browns!!!

thoughts @TopLoader??

Depends on what picks, happy we don't have another daft contract on our books. 

Great player but with Stills and hopefully Parker if he gets his head from his a r s e then we will be fine. 

Landry turned into a diva wanting to be paid like a no1 which he is nowhere near (slot reciever) 

Posted (edited)

Sherman released

IMG_6783.GIF

Edited by Beyond The Game
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TopLoader said:

Depends on what picks, happy we don't have another daft contract on our books. 

Great player but with Stills and hopefully Parker if he gets his head from his a r s e then we will be fine. 

Landry turned into a diva wanting to be paid like a no1 which he is nowhere near (slot reciever) 

To be fair the numbers his put up with your QB situation warrants no 1 WR Money

13 hours ago, Beyond The Game said:

Mike Evans just got paid!!! $$$$

Thoughts @StueyH111 and @Stuarty1973

@Beyond The Game I am delighted. If he could just get a bit more consistency to his game. He’s had four successive 1000 yards seasons and he’s only played well for two of them! He comes up with some spectacular catches but drops some inexcusable ones.

Great moves by the Brown's. Landry is so under rated it feels. He's had 4000 yards in 4 seasons, averages 10.1 YPC which might be a few yards lower than Evans, Beckham etc but it's still a first down. Good move to bring in Tyrod too could be another team heading for offences like the Rams, Saints who get the ball out short and quick. Very difficult to stop if you get the ball in the right hands. 

Seahawks, I think there has been a bit of an over reaction. Sherman, Chancellor, Avril didn't play last year. Still beat the Eagles with Wentz, still beat the Cowboys in Dallas when it was about Zekes home coming, still beat the Rams in LA. Everyone is so thirsty for this to be the end. Sad to see these players leave, but I'm sure Pete Carroll and Co can get new players to come in and do what is needed. I like how they've been aggressive with it, 10-6 season not good enough for him, get rid a year early rather than a year later. 

All these trades and stuff have been great, all these younger GMs who grew up playing Madden :lol:

Think the Browns GM is @hubblewiffle in disguise 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Kirchoffs69 said:

That new Rams CB pairing looks good if they can tame them.

Love it to be honest. We’ve not sat back and sucked ourselves after finally getting a winning season.

Peters and Talib in for $12m this season, Tru will cost more than that on his own. We’ll also get a 3rd rounder back next year when he goes. Shields could be anything and is an intriguing pickup.

Ogletrees gone in a cap clearing move. Giants fans strap yourself in for 1 or 2 great plays and a whole load of blown coverages and run game whiffs.

Quinn another cap move, great trade for both sides. He’s a good 4-3 end but struggled in Wade Philips system. 

Next move will be Donald’s new deal. Going to be silly money but he’s a one man pass rush.

Heres hoping the Browns want some picks back and chuck us Josh Gordon for a late rounder. 

Has been a cracking off season for the Rams - will be interesting if you guys add any thing more.

looks like Sherman is going to the 49ers - which will be interesting.

Im also intrigued with what's going to happen with the Seahawks - looks like it's rebuild mode will be interesting to see how it goes for them. Never really got to see Pete Carroll rebuild USC due to the bans so will have to see what happens

Be interesting to see how many Seahawks switch allegiance now the windows closed 

• Haha 1

Sherman has gone to the 49ers quite a good move and considering the cap room they have it makes sense.

Being one of the best offseasons in recent memory

@Beyond The Game our man TT has got us a bargain contract extension for Casey Hayward last night, hopefully get Tyrell extended next and see about bringing back Wiggins on the oline 

5 hours ago, tripperman28 said:

@Beyond The Game our man TT has got us a bargain contract extension for Casey Hayward last night, hopefully get Tyrell extended next and see about bringing back Wiggins on the oline 

Fantastic move by TT one of the best FA pickups the Chargers have had.

I saw a few rumours around Tyrell being traded don't know how much to read into that.

Also will be interesting to see what we do with Verrett.

In other use Suh is gone guess the Dolphins will release on Wed to take just the 9m cap hit this year. Will be interesting to see where he ends up. 

Fantastic move by TT one of the best FA pickups the Chargers have had.

I saw a few rumours around Tyrell being traded don't know how much to read into that.

Also will be interesting to see what we do with Verrett.

In other use Suh is gone guess the Dolphins will release on Wed to take just the 9m cap hit this year. Will be interesting to see where he ends up. 

We placed a second round tender on him this evening, I hope we don't trade him, he's one of those guy's that's on the verge of becoming the next big name imo, if we're serious about a super bowl for Philip you keep his receiver core intact, 

Wonder was that trade with redskins involving Sua Cravens like someone suggested on Twitter, not a fan of cravens,

Seen talk of Suh for 8-9 million next contract, could be worth a look if Gus thinks he's going to fit in his plan,  

We need to improve at linebacker couple of interesting choices in free agency and draft there, we could double dip to really strengthen our defense, 

Looks like tre Boston is going to be leaving, unless a late deal is struck, it will be a big loss

Some further developments overnight:

Keenum to Denver - Surprised by this move, thought Elway might try going for a rookie early on in the draft. Guess he still could but would be an uncomfortable situation for Keenum.

Robinson to Chicago- Big WR prob a good move to add pieces for Mitch but coming off an injury. If he gets back to the same production he had a few years ago, solid acquisition by the Bears. Think WR was a position the Bears were calling out for. Still think they need a TE as well

Graham to the Packers! :hyper:

I feel pain for all of you on the Xbox side that will have to play against @dr_volki with Graham now!

Just like that Jordy has gone! - will be interesting to see where he ends up now and how good he is away from Rodgers.

Just like that Jordy has gone! - will be interesting to see where he ends up now and how good he is away from Rodgers.

Sadly jordy is not what hes been and you saw it last season

only productive player after arod went down was adams :( 

gonna miss him though

Mo Wilkerson to the Packers. Disappointed in that, would’ve liked to have seen the Raiders make a push for him. Trumaine Johnson to the Jets is another I’d have thought we’d go after. Don’t think we have much cap space after a few years of having loads.

Been amazing few days, finally exciting times to be a bears fan.

Pace and Nagy have done as well this year as I could have hoped by going all offence in FA, Robinson, Burton and Gabriel some of the best players on the market.

Lets them go all o-line and defence in the draft

Very up and down on the Jets business. Missing out on Cousins sucks, but as a current prospect we couldn’t really compete with the Vikings

Signing both McCown and Bridgewater leaves me a bit dubious that we will take a QB, especially with so many teams looking to trade above us. I really like Bridgewater, high high ceiling albeit plenty of questions, but a 1 year deal just leaves us in the same position next year if he’s a home run

On the brighter side, I love Tru albeit we paid the ‘most cash in the league’ tax and really like Avery Williamson to come in and partner Lee. Never been much of a Crowell fan, would still expect to draft a HB relatively highly 

Would love to get Sheldon Rich back today, Jensen or Long at C and another CB, potentially Fuller or even Claiborne back. That business would leave us in a half decent position

Browns look like they are signing Carlos Hyde - interesting - wonder what this means for the no 1 pick as I had Barkley pegged for the Browns.

Raiders made a few signings, can’t really say any have impressed me. Maybe the LB Whitehead. Disappointed to see Crab go as he was a bit of a red zone demon. Must’ve been a pain behind the scenes cos the rumour had been there that he’d be cut. Don’t really see Jordy Nelson as an upgrade.

Chargers sign Mike Pouncey - quite happy with that move. Think we still have concerns with the RT though.

Thoughts @tripperman28

Chargers sign Mike Pouncey - quite happy with that move. Think we still have concerns with the RT though.

Thoughts @tripperman28

Yeah it's a good move contract not as expensive as I had expected it to be, gives veteran leadership to feeney. And lamp in the guard spots which will help their game, as you say rt is still a concern, I expect that to be addressed in the draft, along with linebacker and another dt, 

Wouldn't be surprised if Boston comes back yet, not getting much attention as a free agent 

The draft is still over a month away :(

Suh no longer visiting Oakland after us. Could see us go with a 3-8 defence if we get him. Who needs linebackers?

16 minutes ago, ThePacFish said:

Suh no longer visiting Oakland after us. Could see us go with a 3-8 defence if we get him. Who needs linebackers?

What a frightening prospect pairing Suh with Donald. I wonder if the attraction of playing alongside Donald sways him that way.

4 minutes ago, Kirchoffs69 said:

What a frightening prospect pairing Suh with Donald. I wonder if the attraction of playing alongside Donald sways him that way.

It's an intriguing one. If he's after money it won't be us but I can see him joining us. Brockers is a monster against the run, Donald takes 2-3 blockers out of the equation which means Suh would have a good shot at a fair few 1v1s. Could be a good 1 year stint for him to put up numbers before another big contract.

Will be interesting to see where Suh goes, think it's a battle between Tennessee and L.A., either option is going to make both defended scary 

See JPP got traded to the Bucs - interesting move guess it opens up that much needed cap for Collins and OBJ

11 minutes ago, Beyond The Game said:

See JPP got traded to the Bucs - interesting move guess it opens up that much needed cap for Collins and OBJ

The Giants still have to cough 15mil to JPP though. I dunno how that translates into cap space etc. Its all Voodoo if you ask me.

7 hours ago, DiodeX said:

The Giants still have to cough 15mil to JPP though. I dunno how that translates into cap space etc. Its all Voodoo if you ask me.

We don’t pay his salary though 

does not help us in 2018 

but frees up 14m in 2019 and 12m in 2020

which will help with resigning Odel & Collins who both need resigning in 2019 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Mcmanus said:

We don’t pay his salary though 

does not help us in 2018 

but frees up 14m in 2019 and 12m in 2020

which will help with resigning Odel & Collins who both need resigning in 2019 

Guess it also means Chubb is going no 2

Suhperbowl :rock: