Madden PFL Update

• Group:  Site Manager
  • Content Count:  3,109
  • Timezone:  Europe/London

Sorry for the title but I wanted as many people reading and posting within the Vip world of MaddenPFL.com 

I have been approached by Davo asking if I would like to takeover the day to day running and ownership of the domain etc. 

It would mean little change, other than the purse strings of @DavoteK being removed and us VIP's finding the funds to build a new forum or migrate this one.

I do not wish for this community to be affected in anyway, I genuinely other than family, work and friends live this community. 

I would love the support of the VIP's and would accept the offer from Davo, but only if the support was there. 

It would still be a community as it is now with no change other than what the community want (democracy not dictatorship) 

If for any reason any other potential suiter is more favoured by the community within MaddenPFL.com  I would gladly support them in the ownership of the domain, social media etc assisting in anyway, shape or form I can. 

Again I do not want to change anything here at MaddenPFL.com, I have simply been approached by Davo asking if I would like to take control of the background functions and ownership of the brand. 

Please please post any negative, positive but constructive or concerns you may have. I do not and will not take anything personal (I am asking the question) 

Regards 

Craig

• Like 1

• Group:  PFL Legend
  • Content Count:  1,376

My first pick to take the helm of MaddenPFL.

Passionate about Madden and the MaddenPFL community and it’s running.

Savvy with what required from a website aspect and technical enough to handle that aspect.

TopLoader will take full control but I have no doubt it will be business as usual (and probably better) but with even more control of other aspects of the site than there is with me involved. 

I’ve moved this from VIP to public as there ain’t that many Madden VIPs on the books and I think you want as much opinion as you can muster judging by your post. 

• Like 2

Sorry for the title but I wanted as many people reading and posting within the world of MaddenPFL.com 

I have been approached by Davo asking if I would like to takeover the day to day running and ownership of the domain etc. 

It would mean little change, other than the purse strings of @DavoteK being removed and us as a community finding the funds to build a new forum or migrate this one (not immediately) 

I do not wish for this community to be affected in anyway, I genuinely other than family, work and friends live this community. 

I would love the support of the VIP's and community as a whole and would accept the offer from Davo, but only if the support was there. 

It would still be a community as it is now with no change other than what the community want (democracy not dictatorship)... NO CHANGE... 

If for any reason any other potential suiter is more favoured by the community within MaddenPFL.com  I would gladly support them in the ownership of the domain, social media etc assisting in anyway, shape or form I can. 

Again I do not want to change anything here at MaddenPFL.com, I have simply been approached by Davo asking if I would like to take control of the background functions and ownership of the brand. 

Please please post negative, positive but constructive or concerns you may have. I do not and will not take anything personal (I am asking the question) 

Regards 

Craig

• Like 1

• Group:  EAFL Coach
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Timezone:  Europe/Amsterdam

I’m all for it. Your work with daddyleagues has always been very good. You’re involved and you have the know how to get stuff taken care off. Add to that the time you put in your stream even before lots of people were streaming I think you’re absolutely the man for the job! 

If I can do anything to help you in anyway as always just ask me. @DavoteK thanks for all the work you’ve done and are doing for the other sites. 

Just now, Vondia said:

I’m all for it. Your work with daddyleagues has always been very good. You’re involved and you have the know how to get stuff taken care off. Add to that the time you put in your stream even before lots of people were streaming I think you’re absolutely the man for the job! 

If I can do anything to help you in anyway as always just ask me. @DavoteK thanks for all the work you’ve done and are doing for the other sites. 

Cheers buddy. Its just a change of domain hosting to the one I have (that will need an upgrade) and us finding the funds for the forum's per month. 

• Content Count:  7,623

What's the deal then? Is @DavoteK pulling the plug? Or just wanting to walk away in due course?

If so, what are the sort of numbers we're talking about here to keep the site (an alternative site running)?

I don't quite know what's being asked here and it's all a bit sudden. Wouldn't mind some info to make a decision.

Edited by StueyH111
  • Like 2

Just now, StueyH111 said:

What's the deal then? Is @DavoteK pulling the plug? Or just wanting to walk away in due course?

If so, what are the sort of numbers we're talking about here to keep the site (an alternative site running)?

I don't quite know what's being asked here and it's all a bit sudden. Wouldn't mind some info to make a decision.

Don't know myself yet and it won't be sudden. I understand that he would be walking away in due course. 

Ideally there would be no change noticeable to any member. It's more background and the changing of domain ownership from Davo to me (or whomever),That is done seamlessly. 

Same goes with the forum it can and will be migrated within IPS, That's where the cost lies. The VIP funds and Davo have been funding this. 

I will be getting more details from Davo when he gets home as he is currently driving. Main things will be which package he has been funding FOUND HERE

As soon as I have any info I will update this thread. 

• Group:  PS5 Coach
  • Content Count:  2,670

I'd think you'd do a great job top loader, you'll have my support as much as I can give at the moment.

Shame Davo is severing ties - quite like the community we had going on but think interest is dying for some reason so may be the kick that was needed 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ZoSo said:

I'd think you'd do a great job top loader, you'll have my support as much as I can give at the moment.

Shame Davo is severing ties - quite like the community we had going on but think interest is dying for some reason so may be the kick that was needed 

The community would remain. I would like to migrate this forum/community to the same IPS forum software. That would mean all your posts remain, all the ranks, privileges remain. Basically everything the same. 

The only loss is the bank of davo.

Once I get more details I will update us, the plan would be that there will be NO CHANGE WHATSOEVER.

It would be a technical change of domain hosts (davos to mine) and migration of this forum to one we pay for. 

Any other changes will be discussed within the community ie: website add ons, forums plugins. 

We would however need to be self sufficient with funds. Don't know how much yet but we are a strong community 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ZoSo said:

Needs someone at the helm with a distinct vision of how to push the place forward, madden-centric. 

I’d be doing the place a disservice by staying put and if we really want the place to flourish (and I do), then me putting someone in place to do that with me still behind the scenes will end up with me dabbling. I don’t want that, I want it as clean a slate as possible with no involvement from myself as I think that will see it fulfil its potential with all of you guys rallying round TL to ensure this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  PFL Coach
  • Content Count:  2,641
  • Timezone:  Europe/Zurich

I can only agree with everyone I think you will do a great job.

• Like 1

Just now, Winti26 said:

I can only agree with everyone I think you will do a great job.

Cheers bud :pfl:

11 minutes ago, DavoteK said:

Needs someone at the helm with a distinct vision of how to push the place forward, madden-centric. 

I’d be doing the place a disservice by staying put and if we really want the place to flourish (and I do), then me putting someone in place to do that with me still behind the scenes will end up with me dabbling. I don’t want that, I want it as clean a slate as possible with no involvement from myself as I think that will see it fulfil its potential with all of you guys rallying round TL to ensure this.

I can understand why you are looking at this approach so no issues there - In future hopefully we can keep some sort of affiliation even if there is no integration between the two sites.

1 hour ago, ZoSo said:

I can understand why you are looking at this approach so no issues there - In future hopefully we can keep some sort of affiliation even if there is no integration between the two sites.

I don't know for sure so don't quote me. But the integration may still work ie: using one sign in for all RGM sites. I will of course enquire about this with Davo. 

Its not a complete and immediate divorce, its a change behind the scene's. 

Plan would be:

*Keep everything the same 

*Migrate everything to MaddenPFL.com owned IPS forum (platform we currently use). This will be at a cost to us found HERE

*Migrate all data from Davo's Web hosting to mine (1&1 currently used) I will fund this (no cost to MaddenPFL.com) as it holds my own personal data 

*Keep the same single login method for all RGM forums

*Any change to even the minor improvements or change voted for. 

*Requests for content/change from any member of MaddenPFL.com community 

That's it...... It would take a couple of days for data migration (no effect on service) and a couple of weeks for domain ownership (no effect on service) 

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  3,720

Would be interesting to get to know how the site functions and all that, as of now, I do not have the appropriate amount of information on this as I have never been a VIP member nor been involved in the chat about these things. 

One thing is for sure that I couldn't think of anyone else but @TopLoader to take on the leadership and carry out all these changes in the future. Seems like a good bloke who is very interested in the website/madden and our community and would do whatever is the best for us. Will be looking forward to more news on this. :pfl:

• Like 1

• Content Count:  10,009

The admin team have done brilliantly since fresh blood took over. I've not seen it flourish for such a long time like it is now, hell you've even got a PS4 league. I'll step down as an admin as I don't do anything now and you seem to be OK with the backend now.

I know TL will do a sterling job keeping the backbone working as he has a history of doing so.

Onwards and upwards! Now go get a blue twitter tick

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, DiodeX said:

The admin team have done brilliantly since fresh blood took over. I've not seen it flourish for such a long time like it is now, hell you've even got a PS4 league. I'll step down as an admin as I don't do anything now and you seem to be OK with the backend now.

I know TL will do a sterling job keeping the backbone working as he has a history of doing so.

Onwards and upwards! Now go get a blue twitter tick

Cheers DiodeX

There is no need to stand down anything. I would want nothing to change, you have experience and are part of the backbones of this community. Basically I decline your resignation hahaha :ohyeah:

Couldn't agree more with the admin staff already here which I am not, and plan not to be. It will run exactly the same unless the community dictates otherwise. :applause:

• Haha 1

• Content Count:  2,559
  • Timezone:  Europe/Dublin

@TopLoader. Has my support, he's done a great job getting the daddy league's for the pfl and integrating them to be a great asset to coaches,

I can understand what davo is saying, I'm not on the pro evo or fifa site's, but I hope we can stay connected for those that do play on them, 

@DiodeX you have been great for pfl, but imo I'd still like you to stay admin, as I'm sure we will need your views and insight for the benefit of everyone on site for the future of this site, 

Edited by tripperman28
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, tripperman28 said:

@TopLoader. Has my support, he's done a great job getting the daddy league's for the pfl and integrating them to be a great asset to coaches,

I can understand what davo is saying, I'm not on the pro evo or fifa site's, but I hope we can stay connected for those that do play on them, 

@DiodeX you have been great for pfl, but imo I'd still like you to stay admin, as I'm sure we will need your views and insight for the benefit of everyone on site for the future of this site, 

Cheers Tripperman,

DiodeX will be staying put! No Change will mean no change.

I wont be admin as such and will leave it to the admins we have in place. They are doing a grand job in pushing MaddenPFL onwards and upwards. I will named as the domain name owner on whois (maddenpfl.com), I will host the domain (maddenpfl.com) have ownership of social media accounts etc, but will leave the running as it is being ran now in every detail.

NO CHANGE front end.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  4,457

What's the per month cost for everything?

• Like 1

Just now, HLR Milo said:

What's the per month cost for everything?

Won't know for a little while as soon as I know it will be published. 

• Group:  Staff
  • Content Count:  5,997

100% support @TopLoader

Mehta donyou beed from us buddy ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mcmanus said:

100% support @TopLoader

Mehta donyou beed from us buddy ?

Nothing as yet pal. Just pricing things up at the minute and what's going to be best moving forward

• Content Count:  4,238
  • Timezone:  America/New_York

Would be willing to help anyway I can :up: 

• Like 2

• Content Count:  7,623

Ok. i'm cool with this.

One of my main concerns was this may tread on the various admins toes who've done a great job of late getting new members in and even getting a PS4 league off the ground.

Suppose I wasn't differentiating between the front and back end work of the site. I'm not particularly technically minded and imagine a lot of s**t goes on behind the scenes relating to the site, that I wouldn't understand.

I agree, you've done a great job with Daddyleagues and if you understand all this and people think you;re the best man for the job, then I've got no issues. I remember your site years ago looked very good. :up:

• Content Count:  4,129

Yeah no issue. Sorry to see @DavoteK go, been a part of this community even though you aint a madden baller. 

and @TopLoaderis a top man, tbh havent got around to switching my VIP back on after i rejoined last year, but if someone can point me in the direction i'll kick this off again. 

I know TL will share, but i would be been that everyone is aware of the costs of running the site and how you can contribute, whether that is directly with a VIP memberhsip or adding content and getting ads etc 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, StueyH111 said:

Ok. i'm cool with this.

One of my main concerns was this may tread on the various admins toes who've done a great job of late getting new members in and even getting a PS4 league off the ground.

Suppose I wasn't differentiating between the front and back end work of the site. I'm not particularly technically minded and imagine a lot of s**t goes on behind the scenes relating to the site, that I wouldn't understand.

I agree, you've done a great job with Daddyleagues and if you understand all this and people think you;re the best man for the job, then I've got no issues. I remember your site years ago looked very good. :up:

MaddenPFL needs someone that is madden orientated, technical enough to ensure it actually works and has a history of running websites. 

TopLoader doesn't want to step on anyone's toes, and he's trying to stay out of the way of things as everything is running nicely, but eventually, that may wobble a bit and he is gonna have to be the captain of the ship and make some course corrections. 

Whether he claims to be or not, he will be where the buck stops. 

So while its great running now, someone needs to be looking 3 or 4 steps ahead or the good work that is done now will be undone when there is transition in the member base or the staff team. 

53 minutes ago, helimachoptor said:

Yeah no issue. Sorry to see @DavoteK go, been a part of this community even though you aint a madden baller. 

and @TopLoaderis a top man, tbh havent got around to switching my VIP back on after i rejoined last year, but if someone can point me in the direction i'll kick this off again. 

I know TL will share, but i would be been that everyone is aware of the costs of running the site and how you can contribute, whether that is directly with a VIP memberhsip or adding content and getting ads etc 

Appreciate the comments that you and everyone else has said. 

With regards to the VIP thing, hold off until TopLoader has MaddenPFL running under him and set it up with him as he will need help with funding the hosting and any other costs you guys are looking to add with various forum tweaks and mods. 

Exciting times lads, a new leader, maintaining what you have but more hands on to help the site become even more successful. 

• Like 2

• Group:  PFL Executive
  • Content Count:  6,258
  • Timezone:  Europe/Luxembourg

10 minutes ago, DavoteK said:

MaddenPFL needs someone that is madden orientated, technical enough to ensure it actually works and has a history of running websites. 

TopLoader doesn't want to step on anyone's toes, and he's trying to stay out of the way of things as everything is running nicely, but eventually, that may wobble a bit and he is gonna have to be the captain of the ship and make some course corrections. 

Whether he claims to be or not, he will be where the buck stops. 

So while its great running now, someone needs to be looking 3 or 4 steps ahead or the good work that is done now will be undone when there is transition in the member base or the staff team. 

I absolutely agree with having someone who is Madden focused/oriented is what the site/community needs.

I look forward to the exciting times ahead for this community. :pfl:

• Like 1

I hope that we can continue with some cross promotion between PEN and here. Mutually beneficial. And I have another project I'm working on outside of gaming, but will also promote this place on there, however succesful that may be (if it ever gets off the ground :lol: )

• Like 1

Currently on a busy set with work (ends Wednesday thank god!)

I am almost settled and decided with services and packages that we need to keep the site going, Prices will be made apparent to all in due course. 

I have set a MaddenPFL paypal account up initially in order to be as transparent as possible re any funds both received and services paid for. Again these details will be made apparent to all in due course.

The transition from DavoteK to I wont be immediate, once the domain of maddenpfl.com is transferred to me, then I can move forward with ordering the services required and then the seamless transfer of the data will happen. I plan on using the same forum we have now that is Invision Community, and also use a VPS from Servint which currently host MaddenPFL. Reasoning is that the data can be migrated in house thus limiting any disruption in service. 

We would only be tied into a rolling monthly contract with the VPS, but I plan on looking at alternatives both cheaper but have to offer the same if not better service in the future to benefit MaddenPFL.

Exciting times ahead at MaddenPFL. I will be looking at developing a small plan going forward looking at making MaddenPFL a true franchise and becoming Europe's largest recognised Madden community. The plan would be all behind the scene's and staff/community having a say before any decision is finalised. I will NOT interfere in the daily running of the community by the current admins who I will praise again are doing an amazing job :applause: I am here to support admins in any way if required to do so. 

Any suggestions please drop me a PM, email, groupme PM, I will gladly also hand my mobile number out for whatsapp messaging.

• Like 4

Pricing for the continuation of MaddenPFL as below. 

VPS (Servint) = $71.10pm

IPS self hosted forums $200 one off payment then $25 every six months. 

The domain name maddenpfl.com is currently in the process of being transferred to me and could take a few days. 

Please as a community how would we like to pay for this. I am open to suggestions but would prefer the VIP method as the preferred. 

Current list of VIP's gained from Davo

If any member is interested in becoming a VIP and contributing towards the running off this community please can you reply below. Once I have received the interest I can then calculate what the VIP subscription cost would be. 

As mentioned I have set up a MaddenPFL.com business PayPal account for transparency and the balance would be transparent to all paying members via the VIP/Staff forum threads. 

As a community the initial cost of set up comes with a bang of $200 for the forum and the core suite so one off donations are gonna be required. I have received several PM's offering support I will email those concerned in due course with the PayPal address once I have confirmed the community's support. 

Please post below if you are a willing to contribute monthly (VIP) and/or initial payment. Alternatively if you prefer privacy please PM me, Groupme PM, Xbox PM or WhatsApp 07538583684. 

Cheers

Craig

Almost forgot please can the current VIPs paying a subscription cancel this with immediate effect as any payments from now will not be contributing to the running of MaddenPFL.com @DavoteK's request

• Like 2

• Content Count:  10,009

@DiodeX

@hubblewiffle

@Joe

@MackemJet

@ThePacFish

@TuscanRaider74

@RamsDan

I can see Pac, Joe, and Mackem only going PEN VIP, lols that Tuscan is still paying. I think you'll have to pm everyone to ask if they help out. Amazing how many people won't see this thread...

• Like 1

• Content Count:  866
  • Timezone:  Europe/Stockholm

No questions asked, you do what you do man and I’ll happily follow.

regarding VIP, I would love to contribute.

@TopLoader

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Liridon said:

No questions asked, you do what you do man and I’ll happily follow.

regarding VIP, I would love to contribute.

@TopLoader

I'll get back to you with details when I have details of how many that are happy to contribute. :pfl:

• Content Count:  2,559

Yeah I'll contribute to vip 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tripperman28 said:

Yeah I'll contribute to vip 

As above pal, when I have numbers going to be involved I will get back to you cheers :pfl:

• Content Count:  8,458

I didn’t realise I was still classed as a VIP on here to be honest, my access to the VIP forums was taken away ages ago so assumed Davo had changed me to just FLM

As I’m not in the franchises anyway I obviously won’t be sticking as a VIP on here, good luck though!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Joe said:

I didn’t realise I was still classed as a VIP on here to be honest, my access to the VIP forums was taken away ages ago so assumed Davo had changed me to just FLM

As I’m not in the franchises anyway I obviously won’t be sticking as a VIP on here, good luck though!

That may be the case buddy, just working from a list Davo supplied me. :up:

• Group:  Xbox Commissioner
  • Content Count:  4,339

Happy to help after payday :up: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe said:

Yeah it’s just the list of those signed up to the madden subscription. I think I shifted you over a while back, carry on as is. 

• Like 1

I have a VIP at FLM as well - will continue it here 

• Like 2

• Group:  PFL Coach
  • Content Count:  2,641
  • Timezone:  Europe/Zurich

Happy to contribute to become vip

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ZoSo said:

I have a VIP at FLM as well - will continue it here 

Probably best you cancel that one and plough in whatever cash you were with FLM to here. Finances of MaddenPFL and PEN are total separate. 

• Group:  PFL Executive
  • Content Count:  6,258
  • Timezone:  Europe/Luxembourg

I'll be switching mine across :up:

• Like 2

• Content Count:  4,238
  • Timezone:  America/New_York

I’ll continue to be a contributor, just let me know how when you have it set up @TopLoader :up: 

• Like 1

• Group:  Chief Executive
  • Content Count:  4,572

Think my VIP stopped when my credit card expired.  I'll reset up the monthly contribution.  If everyone in the leagues even set up as little as £1 a month, it would cover the costs hopefully.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  99

Every little helps to keep a great community alive :D ill help too

• Like 1