Sign in to follow this  
SnapDan

SUPERBOWL!!!!

Eagles Patriots Sunday night! The last competitive game till September :ranting:

Think its been one of the best play offs I can remember hopefully the superbowl goes one better! 

Lets go Eagles :lmao:

Belichik has had 2 weeks to prepare

That's dangerous So think the offense will struggle to move it

If it comes down to a game deciding drive to win it I'd bank on Brady to do it but not Foles

Take the quarterbacks out of it and you would say Eagles are definitely the better team. Unfortunately can't see Foles playing as well again, so for Eagles to win they probably need a couple of turnovers from the defense

17 hours ago, Coco0981 said:

Take the quarterbacks out of it and you would say Eagles are definitely the better team. Unfortunately can't see Foles playing as well again, so for Eagles to win they probably need a couple of turnovers from the defense

Agreed

Eagles are at least on parity in all other areas

Qb however is the most important one

Eagles need to game manage and not turn it over and hope the defense can get to brady

Yeah think its fair to say Eagles have better roster but Pats have the best qb of all time, Bellicheck Mcdaniels and Gronk coupled with experience you would think will be enough. As always with BB he will shutdown Eagles main threat its up to them to have a plan b and will need to play lights out to have a chance.

Expecting an exciting and close game however always a horrific 3 hours watching the pats in terms of nerves would love a straightforward win but hey any win will do

If the Eagles defense continues to step up like it has in the past 2 games it will be interesting - but agree with the Majority that the the gap between the QB's is too far and considering the importance on the position can't see the Eagles getting these. Just makes me wish this matchup was Wentz v Brady though.

I wonder how much everyone always saying the pats will always win with 4th quarter comebacks and are never dead etc gets into the players heads. 

The jags had them buried and looked like they just rolled over. Like I wonder if the Eagles are a score up and have to punt they'll just roll over for them the same because that's what is expected. 

Just like man u were known for injury time goals under fergie, I bet players just expected it was coming so it did! 

1 hour ago, SnapDan said:

I wonder how much everyone always saying the pats will always win with 4th quarter comebacks and are never dead etc gets into the players heads. 

The jags had them buried and looked like they just rolled over. Like I wonder if the Eagles are a score up and have to punt they'll just roll over for them the same because that's what is expected. 

Just like man u were known for injury time goals under fergie, I bet players just expected it was coming so it did! 

My mates an Eagles fan i said to him if your winning at what stage do you feel comfortable that you have got it done, his response was I wont, so im sure the players must feel it as well as the fans, likewise as a pats fan i always feel like we have a chance as long as time is left on the clock!

Edited by Beyond The Game

Have to say this first half has been brilliant - lots of action.

have to say I'm gutted about that Foles catch - before the game I asked if anyone knew if I could find the odds for a QB reception!!! 

Fantastic Super Bowl!!! So glad I stayed up and watched it

Brilliant game, really enjoyed it. Wonder what went on with the patriots benching Butler, the way Foles diced them up maybe he would have been a help, but Bellicheck's pride? Came before winning a superbowl it seems

Knew those NBC graphics were familiar :lol: IMG_6722.JPG

Great game like a madden shootout tbf. Sure Steelers fan are miffed right now at TD call probably difference between pats winning and not. However still expected TB to drive up and win again with 2:21 on the clock but not to be.

Petersen brave and aggressive and that play will probably go down in history. Still looked like a game winning drive was on cards but big play by eagles fair play.

Life after Mcddaniels, Patricia and possibly gronk will be interesting

Tbf if that Ertz TD was ruled as incomplete I would've lost my s**t, Think the difference between the two though was the fact that Ertz made 3 strides after catching the ball, I still agree the James catch should've been a TD though

2 hours ago, Beyond The Game said:

Tbf if that Ertz TD was ruled as incomplete I would've lost my s**t, Think the difference between the two though was the fact that Ertz made 3 strides after catching the ball, I still agree the James catch should've been a TD though

Yea Ertz was a td but the other one dont think he had posession before getting both feet in. But too late now Eagles played very well and got the stop when needed, whereas our defense didnt look like it would stop anything all night, wasnt the game i expected to see.

18 hours ago, PatsUK said:

Yea Ertz was a td but the other one dont think he had posession before getting both feet in. But too late now Eagles played very well and got the stop when needed, whereas our defense didnt look like it would stop anything all night, wasnt the game i expected to see.

The James one had nothing to do with his feet, was pretty close to Ertz TD made the grab before the endzone and stretched out to go over the goal line and the ball hit the ground after he had stretched out (was pretty much like a Rugby Try) and was rulled incomplete - think this will be something that will be heavily debated during the offseason - think all NFL Fans can agree there is so much grey around the catch rule that needs to be clarified.

28 minutes ago, Beyond The Game said:

The James one had nothing to do with his feet, was pretty close to Ertz TD made the grab before the endzone and stretched out to go over the goal line and the ball hit the ground after he had stretched out (was pretty much like a Rugby Try) and was rulled incomplete - think this will be something that will be heavily debated during the offseason - think all NFL Fans can agree there is so much grey around the catch rule that needs to be clarified.

Ya the whole catch rule should be no1 priority for change in off season. Needs to be cleaned up somehow. For what's its worth I think ertzs TD was fine (slightly different to James non TD which I thought was rightly overturned) but Clements was iffy. 

2 hours ago, Beyond The Game said:

I was on about Clement's td he doesn't have full possession and both feet in bounds at the same time in my opinion however as said done now and simple fact our defense had chances to get a stop and didn't and the eagles did