Sign in to follow this  
SnapDan

Alex Smith

The rumours are over... Alex Smith traded to the Redskins for a 3rd round pick and Kendall Fuller 

I don't know why the redskins would do this to save a couple million on kirk Cousins. Id rather have cousins! Unless of course he said he wasn't signing. 

Quite a good trade for the Chiefs will be interesting to see how Smith works with the Skins offense though

And the Skins extended Smith's contract by 4 years...... I don't know what to think about this other than it's a terrible deal in that we swap a QB for an older QB who is potentially cheaper but not necessarily any better. All because Dan and Bruce didn't get Cousins re-signed 3 seasons ago like they should have and then gave him an insulting offer part way into the 2016 season.

Fuller had a great season, 4 interceptions and good potential in the slot corner position and was young and cheap, just what we need as we retool the roster yet again. Cousins holds most of the Redskins passing records. Yeah he didn't ever win a playoff game and had a bad fail in the final game against the Giants in the 2016 season that cost us a playoff spot that year but to hold all the team records that he does whilst being part of a completely dysfunctional organisation with rotating offensive coordinators, rotating receiving core and an average at best offensive line. I'm not saying he's elite but he could have got you close if you could ever have managed to build a decent supporting cast around him. Mind you, that was never going to happen under the current owner and his flunky GM.