Sign in to follow this  
tripperman28

Black Monday

With Sunday been the last weekend of the regular season the following day Monday is generally black Monday when team's fire there coaches after a poor season or two and start the search for new coaching staff's,  just looking to see here who everyone thinks is on the hot seat and if there's any surprising coaching dismissals 

We know the Giants are looking to hire after firing Ben McAdoo weeks ago, it's been announced Marvin Lewis is leaving the Bengals, others I expect to see fired are 

Colts Chuck Pagno 

Bears John Fox 

Buccaneers Dirk Kotter (hard knocks curse)

Other's in danger are 

Raiders Jack DelRio 

Lions Jim Caldwell

Browns Hue Jackson 

Cowboys Jason Garrett, 

Texans Bill O'Brien (1 year left on contract and gm doesn't get along with him, hence gm might fire him to save himself)

Titans Mike Malarkey (fail to make playoffs by losing last 5 game's could leave him in danger)

Anyone I missed that you think could be in danger of been fired or sure to be fired? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tripperman28 said:

Texans Bill O'Brien (1 year left on contract and gm doesn't get along with him, hence gm might fire him to save himself)

I think BoB's contract is at an end this season actually... really hope we keep him as i think he's one of the better coaches in the league. Rick Smith however has put him self in a bad situation multiple times. Don't know if there's any good GMs out there but definitely with our pick being 4th or 5th overall that whole Osweiler stuff becomes the more painfull... 

Saw big Bruce from the cardinals said he was sick of talking about his future without ever actually ruling retirement out lol Cardinals could be making a move for Todd bowles I saw on the rumour mill. 

BoB contract expires next season and I saw he could be traded and it's a kind of him v the GM stand off. 

confirmed that Bucs head coach Dirk Koetter will return for his 3rd season. Look for Mike Smith to be fired and a new defensive cordinator to come in. There have beeen John Gruden rumblings that he was assembling a staff. Not sure if he would take less than a GM or head coach/GM role, but I wouldn't count Gruden out of coming back to Tampa Bay , perhaps as defensive coordinator this season.

See there is a lot of talk about Gruden joining the Raiders quite interesting

I could see Gruden coming back to the Bucs in some capacity. Koetter has 1 year left on his deal and unless the Bucs would go deep into the playoffs I don't see him being retained. If Gruden somehow does wind up back with the Bucs look for him to be next head coach/gm in waiting. That would put a tremendous amount of pressure on Koetter and Licht knowing Gruden is also in the house. ESPN has been wanting to renegotiate Grudens contract for far less money than he makes now, and the guy just loves being hands on with football operations. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out. Gruden does live in Tampa and his sons are now grown and he isn't involved helping coach his high school team anymore. Perfect timing for a return.

Edited by abundantlife777

8 hours ago, abundantlife777 said:

confirmed that Bucs head coach Dirk Koetter will return for his 3rd season. Look for Mike Smith to be fired and a new defensive cordinator to come in. There have beeen John Gruden rumblings that he was assembling a staff. Not sure if he would take less than a GM or head coach/GM role, but I wouldn't count Gruden out of coming back to Tampa Bay , perhaps as defensive coordinator this season.

What??? Gruden is offensive coach and never was and never will be defensive coordinator.

Also he will never accept anything less than HC with maybe 10+mil salary (and maybe he will demand full roster control).

So there is no way that he will be in Tampa this season (if Koetter will be HC in 2018)

I think Del Rio could be done in Oaktown. Definitely underachieved this year, potentially 6-10 in a season we were touted to challenge the Pats? Fired the wrong coordinator last season and just had a horrible season. He may survive but if he does I would expect a cull. Crabtree already rumoured to be gone.

4 hours ago, Kirchoffs69 said:

I think Del Rio could be done in Oaktown. Definitely underachieved this year, potentially 6-10 in a season we were touted to challenge the Pats? Fired the wrong coordinator last season and just had a horrible season. He may survive but if he does I would expect a cull. Crabtree already rumoured to be gone.

Del Rio gone. Amen. Offense regressed, defense abysmal. If Gruden is in I wonder where that leaves the GM?

Fire Bevell, fire Cable! 

So tired of watching this dumpster fire offence, where the playbook is 'please Russell, do something'. 

People saying the window is closing blah blah blah while we have Wilson that window is open. How he has more TDs than any other QB in the league in this offence shows the type of wizard he is :lol:

And Blair Walsh... 

• Like 1

Lions just fired Caldwell 

Rick Smith(texans GM) announced yesterday that he is stepping down for a period of time.. no clue where that leaves the Texans since he was on the hot seat... But i can't see them firing someone who is taking time of to take care of his wife (Cancer). 

21 hours ago, SnapDan said:

Fire Bevell, fire Cable! 

So tired of watching this dumpster fire offence, where the playbook is 'please Russell, do something'. 

People saying the window is closing blah blah blah while we have Wilson that window is open. How he has more TDs than any other QB in the league in this offence shows the type of wizard he is :lol:

And Blair Walsh... 

34 passing TDs is also the lowest since 2009. so one could argue its been a s**t year for qbs :shifty: 

Posted (edited)

I was hoping to see Jason Garrett on the list (or at the very least, Scott Linehan).

But no. The greatest sideline clapper in NFL history hangs on in there!

image.png

Edited by Sovoth
  • Haha 1