This Is A Sim Football Site

As the site grows and we welcome players of all abilities and experience, we are starting to find examples of league members who do not seem the understand that we run SIM style leagues.

Examples of complaints that have been made recently include

• running no huddle, when not required and without advising your opponent
  • going for it on 4th down, when not required and not advising your opponent
  • manually controlling and dropping a player off the D-line or outside the tackles
  • dropping the QB 10+ yards plus straight after the snap
  • motioning a TE or WR and snapping the ball while they are between the tackles so they act as an extra blocker
  • Running the same 1-2-3 money plays throughout a game
  • Manually dropping an extra blocker back out of the punt blocking formation. (This is not Sim).

All of these are banned in our leagues. If anybody wants to play like this, go back to playing randoms online and in lobbys.

If you have a specific complaint about a player's behaviour in one of your games, please PM the relevant league Admin.

PFL - Rigglar

Fantasy - Goldenbeard

Pro - Berty44

Pro7 - DiodeX

UKML - Stueyh111

XPress - ThePacFish

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,767
  • Timezone:  Europe/London

Has this been sent to every one or have I been doing something wrong?

haha I thought this was an inbox message!

• Group:  PFL Legend
  • Content Count:  7,623

Has this been sent to every one or have I been doing something wrong?

haha I thought this was an inbox message!

Sent to everyone.

We have had an unusual amount of issues to date and a strong reminder to everyone that we'll be cracking down on this from now on. Those not playing SIM will need to find somewhere else to play.

• Content Count:  600
  • Timezone:  Europe/Copenhagen

What about throwing an excessive amount of interceptions?? :)

Edited by eminentpolecat7
  • Like 1

• Content Count:  103
  • Timezone:  UTC

Thankfully I am too dim on Madden to even know of these exploits.

• Content Count:  10,009

No, we don't want to lose anyone by shaming them.

Guest Futureheads

Agreed I know I had a run in as a misunderstanding....

Its a shame the game is built on XP boosts on certain things as this could influence some people

• Content Count:  1,015

its ok, I wont leave when you name me :shifty:

the only point that concerns me is taking a guy off the line, I sometimes do that when I have multiple linebackers on a blitz, its not done for FAG defence, just a designed play

is this now outlawed? :up:

• Content Count:  1,012

• manually controlling and dropping a player off the D-line or outside the tackles

I'm probably being really dumb but can you explain this rule to me as I have a few plays where D lineman or more specifically DE's drop into coverage. And also, if I'm controlling a DE and the offence is running a HB screen, can I use my DE to cover the HB?

It's taking control of a DE for example and moving him back that's not allowed. Hot routing to a hook zone is ok as is using something like 9 Velcro out of Nickel formation.

• Content Count:  1,303

There are a few "straight up madden ballers" who will be f**ked with the rule regarding motioning WR/TE and snapping at right so they act as a extra blocker. This was very common practice from a good number of players on here

• Like 4

• Content Count:  3,394

What about throwing an excessive amount of interceptions?? :)

I'm with you on this, excessive interceptions must also be banned :shifty:

Guest Futureheads

its ok, I wont leave when you name me :shifty:

the only point that concerns me is taking a guy off the line, I sometimes do that when I have multiple linebackers on a blitz, its not done for FAG defence, just a designed play

is this now outlawed? :up:

Yeah if its someone on the line your manually controlling and moving thats a no, as the D reads the play art and wont pickup the player replacing him in the gap its a form of a nano. Although people can argue its not it would be better to maybe put the player u move normally in a spy or hook that way no arguments.

Guest Futureheads

To clarify, it's not manually controlling a DE it's manually dropping him back off the line pre-snap that's the issue

I always control my DE but thats only going forward to get to the QB often means my DE is dumped on the floor

• Content Count:  2,195

Just so I'm clear, running a no huddle offense is ok if the game situation is "realistic"; if it's late in the 4th and I'm one or two more scores down for example, I can go no huddle but I have to let the other player know as well?

Taking the example above; it's late in the 4th and I'm one or two more scores down and I have a 4th and 2 on my opponents 43 yard line so I'm out of FG range and I want to go for it. I can, but I have to inform my opponent as well? Presumably this would have to be done before I picked a play so that my opponent has an opportunity to choose a suitable formation?

Personally, I dislike the idea of having to inform my opponent of my intentions before taking either of these actions as long as the game situation makes it realistic. My understanding is that we play a sim and you don't see NFL teams telling their opponent that they are either going no huddle or going for it on 4th down so it is not realistic or necessary to do either. If your opponent feels that they don;t like the hurry up offence you are running then they can audible a different D or take a time out. Similarly, if they have been impetuous enough to pick a punt return D before you have picked your play then that's their problem and they can either audible a different D or take a time out.

I realise I'm a noob here and I'm not being arsey and I don't want to rock the boat so if they are the agreed rules then I will abide by them but the overarching feeling I have that as long as people are not taking the p**s and that either of these scenarios are in keeping with the situation of the game then telling your opponent what you are doing is unnecessary.

Edited by shatnersbassoon

• Content Count:  7,671

Agreed I know I had a run in as a misunderstanding....

Its a shame the game is built on XP boosts on certain things as this could influence some people

It most certainly does

There are a few "straight up madden ballers" who will be f**ked with the rule regarding motioning WR/TE and snapping at right so they act as a extra blocker. This was very common practice from a good number of players on here

It is also seen in the NFL.

For me I motion recievers and any other legitimate player, partly for blocking purposes and partly to show what the defence is maybe going to give up - cover/ man D...simples.

I will say this however, If I motion a player - WR say - and the defence breaks my offensive line faster than I anticipated, then I WILL throw to the guy I have just motioned IF he is the only one open and it helps avoid being sacked- I don think thats too much to ask. If it is I'll not do it. Just dont set you defence up to stop every one of my players NOT in motion :lol:

I can see a lot of sacks coming my way now I suppose or throw aways.

• Content Count:  154

Slightly off topic. But is it in the rules that you must have a mic? I have found a lot of players not using a mic. Last night I was playing and the game was extremely laggy and jumpy in the 1st quarter and I really wanted to restart it but didn't have time to start again and I couldn't really talk to the guy so just went on playing. Thankfully it sorted itself out after a while but its extremely frustrating having to go into send message (I don't have a chatpad) and it takes me forever to type anything out.

• Content Count:  7,671

in response to shatnersbassoon

re no huddle - if it is realistic situation to use it i always tell my opponent "i may run a no huddle offense from here", which means they are aware i have it as an option and will do so if i like the matchup and as you say if they are badly matched they have to audible etc, but of course it doesnt mean you will run it if you dont want to

re 4th downs, in one respect i agree that the defense shouldnt call the play 1st ( and most people dont ), but you should inform your opponent, as you state ( correctly ) they dont in the nfl, the defending team would see which personnel was on the field

• Content Count:  2,195

OK, thanks for clearing that up.

I see your point on the no huddle; a courtesy warning that you may be using it from x point on rather than after every down makes sense.

Point taken on 4th down too.

• Group:  PFL Executive
  • Content Count:  6,258
  • Timezone:  Europe/Luxembourg

I would like some further clarification on dropping a DE into coverage and manually controlling him.

I from time to time hot route my DE into flats or spy's to cover appropriate routes as needed. However from time to time if my opponent has thrown a Texas route to the HB or a drag across the middle I will user to take away the read and perhaps get the pick. Is this considered against the rules if I'm changing my def play to counter an offensive play that has stopped me.

Also the only reason I would user the DE in this situation is I would have more faith in my user skill v CPU coverage. To date I haven't had the need to do this however it is something I do turn to when playing a ranked game when I feel it is necessary.

Slightly off topic. But is it in the rules that you must have a mic? I have found a lot of players not using a mic. Last night I was playing and the game was extremely laggy and jumpy in the 1st quarter and I really wanted to restart it but didn't have time to start again and I couldn't really talk to the guy so just went on playing. Thankfully it sorted itself out after a while but its extremely frustrating having to go into send message (I don't have a chatpad) and it takes me forever to type anything out.

We are already looking into this mate. Thanks for mentioning it though.

I would like some further clarification on dropping a DE into coverage and manually controlling him.

I from time to time hot route my DE into flats or spy's to cover appropriate routes as needed. However from time to time if my opponent has thrown a Texas route to the HB or a drag across the middle I will user to take away the read and perhaps get the pick. Is this considered against the rules if I'm changing my def play to counter an offensive play that has stopped me.

Also the only reason I would user the DE in this situation is I would have more faith in my user skill v CPU coverage. To date I haven't had the need to do this however it is something I do turn to when playing a ranked game when I feel it is necessary.

The rule is you cannot manually take a DE from the LOS pre snap and control him in coverage, like a LB or CB.

You can put him in any coverage via audibles so that once the ball is snaps, he drops into coverage (and you can control him if you want). The key is, you cannot move him from his original position on the line PRE-SNAP. Hope that clarifies the rule for everyone.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  158

I would say that you should expect a hurry up offense to be used at any time if the person on offense finds a mis-match they want to take advantage of. That mis-match often isn't found until you have run the play so you have maybe 1 second between the play ending and the players rushing back to the line - that isn't much notice and makes almost no difference in my opinion.

Calling it when you are going to use it for a whole drive, yes, that's a good time to call it, but for the odd play here and there it's not really worth it because by the time you have said you're going no huddle the players are on their way back to the line.

Defensive personnel should be chosen around the personnel sent out on offense with audibles to change coverages/back out of blitzes and time outs used by the defense if they feel unprepared for the next play.

I would say that you should expect a hurry up offense to be used at any time if the person on offense finds a mis-match they want to take advantage of. That mis-match often isn't found until you have run the play so you have maybe 1 second between the play ending and the players rushing back to the line - that isn't much notice and makes almost no difference in my opinion.

Calling it when you are going to use it for a whole drive, yes, that's a good time to call it, but for the odd play here and there it's not really worth it because by the time you have said you're going no huddle the players are on their way back to the line.

Defensive personnel should be chosen around the personnel sent out on offense with audibles to change coverages/back out of blitzes and time outs used by the defense if they feel unprepared for the next play.

I totally agree with you actually. I don't have a problem with anybody running a hurry up offence against me. As you say, if the offence want's to take advantage of a mis-match than fine, run the hurry up and do it, you see it all the time in the NFL and as for letting your opponent know; again, as you say, there's simply not enough time.

I think what nobody wants in these leagues is people using the hurry up all the time and refusing to go to the huddle as aside from anything else, it's just not fun to play in games like that.

You can only use hurry up offence in certain situations inside 2 min warnings and when behind in certain situations. So nobody should be using it to exploit mismatches outside of the situations set out in the rules. Suggest you read the rules again as your post demonstrates a clear misunderstanding of how we play on the site.

• Content Count:  3,213

I'd rather go watch the X-factor or talk to the missus than sit through a game of no-huddle Madden. It's gash.

Ohio Ohio Omaha z z z Omaha kill kill kill ...... Change the f***ing record! Lol

• Content Count:  158

You can only use hurry up offence in certain situations inside 2 min warnings and when behind in certain situations. So nobody should be using it to exploit mismatches outside of the situations set out in the rules. Suggest you read the rules again as your post demonstrates a clear misunderstanding of how we play on the site.

This is why I did not include any times or scores.

Mis-matches can occur at any time even if you're up 21 inside the final 2mins of the first half or down 28 in the final 5mins of the game. Using no huddle for the whole drive in either situation may not be needed but for the odd play would still be well within the rules. Like I said though, by the time you have told the other player you are going to use a no-huddle play, the players are already on their way back to the line.

I am aware of the rules. :up:

Edited by Defconluke

The rule is you cannot manually take a DE from the LOS pre snap and control him in coverage, like a LB or CB.

You can put him in any coverage via audibles so that once the ball is snaps, he drops into coverage (and you can control him if you want). The key is, you cannot move him from his original position on the line PRE-SNAP. Hope that clarifies the rule for everyone.

gotcha, cheers admins :up:

To echo the above post by Stuey. By all means hurry up when needs dictate and you are battling the clock as well as the score. Nobody on this site is Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. Don't delude yourself into thinking you can run a no huddle offense (as opposed to a hurry up) because all you are doing is exploiting a limitation of the game itself.

In Madden the defense will have a maximum of 10 plays they can select from when you go no huddle. In the NFL the playbook is far bigger than that. When the day comes that Madden allows you to open your full playbook during no huddle, we can review it. Until that day comes, show some courtesy to your opponent.

one more question.... played a guy off here who's formation was 2WR 1TE 2RB at the bottom of the screen, so I choose a defensive play to suit but when he comes out the huddle its a 5 wide set :g:

A. Is this some sort of glitch or manipulation?

B. Is it allowed?

A - Yes

b - No

I believe anyway.

Edited by Sither03

A - Yes

b - No

I believe anyway.

in that case then admin need to have a word with......... :shifty:

one more question.... played a guy off here who's formation was 2WR 1TE 2RB at the bottom of the screen, so I choose a defensive play to suit but when he comes out the huddle its a 5 wide set :g:

B. Is it allowed?

This is actually allowed. Many play books have these types of sets. Whether it be the one you've described or 3 WR sets.

They are not against the rules and are not a glitch. They are actually valid plays in playbooks. I also find them annoying but as they are in playbooks, we cannot ban them.

Instead they come under the rule asking that people mix up their play calling. If someone was overusing this then tell your relevant commissioner.

Guest Futureheads

I have seen that a lot I have also seen Punt on FG tries and vice versa I think it could be a glitch. As in theory you cant switch to 5 wide well M12 u couldnt would allow the play to be chosen.

I dont think from a 2WR 1 TE 2RB formation unless you manually motion players.

Edited by Futureheads

Okay, well I guess I was wrong! lol. I didn't realise it was in some playbooks!

• Content Count:  600
  • Timezone:  Europe/Copenhagen

B. Is it allowed?

A -No, it's a package. Some teams have a spread formation with the package 'regular' or 'base', which means 2RBs, 1TE and 2 WR

B. Yes it is. It is a standard package. It has been discussed before. However you are not allowed to line up in run heavy, and then audible to a five wide set, or the other way around.

This is actually allowed. Many play books have these types of sets. Whether it be the one you've described or 3 WR sets.

They are not against the rules and are not a glitch. They are actually valid plays in playbooks. I also find them annoying but as they are in playbooks, we cannot ban them.

Instead they come under the rule asking that people mix up their play calling. If someone was overusing this then tell your relevant commissioner.

ahh right, no worries then. and no he didnt overuse it, just once or twice on key downs the shifty pookeynoodle :lol:

B. Is it allowed?

Admin have talked about this at some length and the majority feel that it is acceptable. There are in many playbooks, shotgun formations that line are 5WR set, but that consists of 3WR, TE and HB. Not aware of one that has two HB's in it, but there might be. Possibly its achieved by the use of subs or packages.

I have seen that a lot I have also seen Punt on FG tries and vice versa I think it could be a glitch. As in theory you can switch I dont think from a 2WR 1 TE 2RB formation unless you manually motion players.

Yeah the game telling you it's a punt rather than field goal and vice versa was in last years game too, it's just an error with the game but it's usually pretty obvious when someone's going to go for a FG or a punt.

A -No, it's a package. Some teams have a spread formation with the package 'regular' or 'base', which means 2RBs, 1TE and 2 WR

B. Yes it is. It is a standard package. It has been discussed before. However you are not allowed to line up in run heavy, and then audible to a five wide set, or the other way around.

Exactly right!

• Content Count:  124

so post snap i can move a DT back if i feel i have the wrong D but not before? (the only aubibles bit i know how to do is change the play, no idea on changing indivual players)

as i think i may maybe guilty of it due to being in panic mode and seeing big gaps in my coverage, so i usually bring someone back how was lined up in the middle and place him where i think i should of had a LB, which seems to be against the rules.

so post snap i can move a DT back if i feel i have the wrong D but not before? (the only aubibles bit i know how to do is change the play, no idea on changing indivual players)

as i think i may maybe guilty of it due to being in panic mode and seeing big gaps in my coverage, so i usually bring someone back how was lined up in the middle and place him where i think i should of had a LB, which seems to be against the rules.

Yes only post snap can you move them. I believe its up on the D Pad to get individual player coverage up. You can put them in Yellow, Purple, Blue, light blue zones as well as QB Spy and QB contain.

Think it's up on D pad. Someone may be able to confirm. It's 2nd nature for me now I actually forget what I press.

• Content Count:  2,767

f**ksake! start naming and shaming.

I heard its the guy that likes using the Bengals :2up:

• Content Count:  3,863

Yes, it would be against the rules pre-snap.

If you're in panic mode and don't like your play, that's what the timeout button is for!

Take a look at it should help :up:

in that case then admin need to have a word with......... :shifty:

:lol: You :g::lol:

• Content Count:  124

Yes, it would be against the rules pre-snap.

If you're in panic mode and don't like your play, that's what the timeout button is for!

k, although what if you dont have any timeouts

Take a look at it should help :up:

cheers

:lol: You :g::lol:

:notme: