Fresh Rookie Blood

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  355
  • Timezone:  Europe/London

Hey guys,

I'm Neil and i'm pretty much a complete NFL (let alone Madden) rookie. Apart from watching the first quarter of a couple of Superbowls, I had taken zero interest in the NFL until around June this year when a friend I had become estranged with asked me to join their Fantasy Football league. I did join, and thus started a self-managed crash course in NFL and Fantasy Football - my justification for buying Madden 17 to my girlfriend (now Fiancée) was that it was a 'research tool' :P. I bought Madden 18 a while ago and, while i'm confident that i'm still completely pants at the game, I now feel like making my first foray into online play having stuck with offline Franchise Mode so far. I feel like i'd benefit much more joining a well established community where I can learn a lot more, rather than just playing random players in H2H mode (never been a big UT player with the FIFA series).

I'm probably about as beginner as they come. I currently play the game on Pro level (I think), almost always just take the coach's suggested play, and have no knowledge or awareness of the various formations, play concepts and schemes or anything like that. So clearly I have a lot to learn! Hopefully i'll get the opportunity to do that starting with the PFL Arena league - from what I can tell that seems a little more casual and might be better suited to my skill level. Unless I've missed something and someone has a better suggestion!

Look forward to chatting and playing with you all.

• Like 3

• Group:  EAFL Coach
  • Content Count:  2,841

Welcome to the site mate, plenty of helpful people around who will help you also just playing madden will help you get an understanding of American football I general. I would say arena would be a good place to start but also add plenty of people will give you some friendly games and advice add my gamer tag to Xbox and I'll try and catch you on some time.

Also look for @DaBurg864 posts in the coaches section of the site he did some awesome videos which would help you out a lot.

• Like 1

Many thanks @PatsUK - I will do just that!

• Like 1

• Group:  Staff
  • Content Count:  4,238
  • Timezone:  America/New_York

Welcome :pfl: 

• Group:  PFL Executive
  • Content Count:  4,099

27 minutes ago, NillisLukins said:

Hey guys,

I'm Neil and i'm pretty much a complete NFL (let alone Madden) rookie. Apart from watching the first quarter of a couple of Superbowls, I had taken zero interest in the NFL until around June this year when a friend I had become estranged with asked me to join their Fantasy Football league. I did join, and thus started a self-managed crash course in NFL and Fantasy Football - my justification for buying Madden 17 to my girlfriend (now Fiancée) was that it was a 'research tool' :P. I bought Madden 18 a while ago and, while i'm confident that i'm still completely pants at the game, I now feel like making my first foray into online play having stuck with offline Franchise Mode so far. I feel like i'd benefit much more joining a well established community where I can learn a lot more, rather than just playing random players in H2H mode (never been a big UT player with the FIFA series).

I'm probably about as beginner as they come. I currently play the game on Pro level (I think), almost always just take the coach's suggested play, and have no knowledge or awareness of the various formations, play concepts and schemes or anything like that. So clearly I have a lot to learn! Hopefully i'll get the opportunity to do that starting with the PFL Arena league - from what I can tell that seems a little more casual and might be better suited to my skill level. Unless I've missed something and someone has a better suggestion!

Look forward to chatting and playing with you all.

Welcome to the site bud, you've found the right place. Any questions don't hesitate. 

The arena commissioners @ZoSo and @tripperman28 will fill you in on the details of how to get joined 

• Group:  PFL Legend
  • Content Count:  7,623

Welcome to the site mate. :pfl:

• Content Count:  2,559
  • Timezone:  Europe/Dublin

Welcome @NillisLukins don't worry about skill we all have to start some where and you will get lot's of help to improve here :up:,

I'll help get you set up and invite you into the ARENA franchise, we currently have a few openings 

Cheers guys @RamsDan @SnapDan @StueyH111 @tripperman28.

And thank you @tripperman28, very much looking forward to getting involved!

• Like 1

• Group:  Xbox Commissioner
  • Content Count:  4,339

Welcome to the site

• Group:  EAFL Coach
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Timezone:  Europe/Amsterdam

Welcome to the site @NillisLukins and congrats on the engagement! I probably read over it but where are you from? You’ll probably fit in just fine here and learning more about the nfl threw madden is the best way to do it I’ve found haha. 

Thanks @Vondia! I’m from Somerset in the UK, I imagine everyone will enjoy listening to my accent :ohyeah:

• Haha 2

• Content Count:  10,009

Welcome Nillis, I don't actually play anymore (but will do soon) I'm from Dorset but dodged the accent :lol: 

• Haha 2

• Group:  Site Manager
  • Content Count:  3,109

Welcome to the site buddy :pfl:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  866
  • Timezone:  Europe/Stockholm

A bit late mate but welcome to the site! 

• Like 1