Sign in to follow this  
Scottyob

Scotty's Mid season Mock

Based off the nfl standings as of today.

1) San Fran 49ers

RB Saquon Barkley - i think realistically they trade down but i didnt have that option so went with the best offensive player in the draft to keep coach shanny and Jimmy G something to play with.

2) Browns

QB Sam Darnold - Not sure if he will definitely declare and again i would  look to trade down here and give kizer another year with some new weapons, but if they have to stay put they darnold is the best option. Highest upside, great character, a winner

3) NY Giants

QB Josh Rosen - If there picking this high they have to go Qb, Eli's pushing on so sit rosen for a year to help him learn from a future HOFer, Rosen has possibly the best arm in the draft but seemingly is a douche. The big city for the big personality 

4) Tampa Bay

OT Connor Williams - Strongly debated Edge here but they have there franchise qb, some great targets for him, now he just needs time.

5.) Colts

OT mike Mcglinchy - Same as above regards an edge prospect but whether its luck or brissett next season, they have to keep them upright and healthy.

6.) Cinci

S Minkah Fitzpatrick - About time for a bama boy to go, Fitzpatrick is a top 3 talent in this class so an easy choice to replace either Williams or Iioka in the bengals secondary

7.) Browns

RB Derrius Guice - If darnold is to be successful he will need someone to take some of the preasure off him. Guice is my clear 2# rb in the draft and a damn good one at that.

8.)  Chargers

DL Christian Wilkins - I would most definitely trade down here but becasue thats not an option the chargers take the best interior lineman in the draft. thought about qb but wilkins was too much to pass on

9.) Denver

QB Lamaar Jackson - Debated OG, but even if the oline gave any of the current denver qb's ten seconds they would still miss read/throw. They take jackson and hope he's more mick vick than rg111.

10.)  Bears

Edge Arden Key - Key is a steal here and the bears cant resist. Weapons for trubisky were debated but key was too good to pass

11.) Cards

OG QUENTON NELSON - Plug and play linesman to help build the lines for the rebuild to come

12.) Ravens

WR -Calvin Ridley -  Production and tape, reliable hands and a full route tree. whats not to like

13.) Jets 

OT Orlando Brown - Quality player to help the jets on top at the los

14.) Oakland

Edge Bradley Chubb - the raiders pounce and find a running mate for mack in chubb who could have gone as high as 4.

15.) Miami 

Edge Harlod Landry - With no value at qb here they take bpa which is the Boston colleges Sack king

16.) Atlanta

LB Roquon Smith - With no emergency needs the falcons take a personal favorite of mine, while this also allows beasley to play more end.

17.) Detroit

LB Malik Jefferson - The edge needs some help opposite ansah but jefferson is a ten year starter in the waiting at that olb spot for the lions

18.) Green Bay

Edge Clein Ferrell - Green bay are desperate for some pressure off the edge and clein has the highest potential of any edge player left on the board

19.) Redskins

RB Damian Harris - This pick is dependant on cousins being here next year, if not look for a trade up

20.) Dallas 

Maurice Hurst - Dallas needs some pressure up the middle so they take the athletic hurst early on

21.) Ten

s Derwin James - a talked about top 5 pick drops this far due to a lack of ball skills, still the titans pick up a thumper who will own the ball carrier if left clean

22.) Bills

wr Courtland Sutton - Whether its tyrod taylor or somebody else, they need some new options in the passing game.

23.) Jags

QB Mason Rudolph - Blake Bortles!!!

24.) Seattle

CB Denzel Ward - The LOB needs some fresh legs and ohio states ward has the size and physicallty the seahwaks like

25.) Panthers

OT trey adams - Cam needs protecting and the left side of that panthers oline is pushing on

26.) BILLS

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Scottyob said:

Based off the nfl standings as of today.

1) San Fran 49ers

RB Saquon Barkley - i think realistically they trade down but i didnt have that option so went with the best offensive player in the draft to keep coach shanny and Jimmy G something to play with.

2) Browns

QB Sam Darnold - Not sure if he will definitely declare and again i would  look to trade down here and give kizer another year with some new weapons, but if they have to stay put they darnold is the best option. Highest upside, great character, a winner

3) NY Giants

QB Josh Rosen - If there picking this high they have to go Qb, Eli's pushing on so sit rosen for a year to help him learn from a future HOFer, Rosen has possibly the best arm in the draft but seemingly is a douche. The big city for the big personality 

4) Tampa Bay

OT Connor Williams - Strongly debated Edge here but they have there franchise qb, some great targets for him, now he just needs time.

5.) Colts

OT mike Mcglinchy - Same as above regards an edge prospect but whether its luck or brissett next season, they have to keep them upright and healthy.

6.) Cinci

S Minkah Fitzpatrick - About time for a bama boy to go, Fitzpatrick is a top 3 talent in this class so an easy choice to replace either Williams or Iioka in the bengals secondary

7.) Browns

RB Derrius Guice - If darnold is to be successful he will need someone to take some of the preasure off him. Guice is my clear 2# rb in the draft and a damn good one at that.

8.)  Chargers

DL Christian Wilkins - I would most definitely trade down here but becasue thats not an option the chargers take the best interior lineman in the draft. thought about qb but wilkins was too much to pass on

9.) Denver

QB Lamaar Jackson - Debated OG, but even if the oline gave any of the current denver qb's ten seconds they would still miss read/throw. They take jackson and hope he's more mick vick than rg111.

10.)  Bears

Edge Arden Key - Key is a steal here and the bears cant resist. Weapons for trubisky were debated but key was too good to pass

11.) Cards

OG QUENTON NELSON - Plug and play linesman to help build the lines for the rebuild to come

12.) Ravens

WR -Calvin Ridley -  Production and tape, reliable hands and a full route tree. whats not to like

13.) Jets 

OT Orlando Brown - Quality player to help the jets on top at the los

14.) Oakland

Edge Bradley Chubb - the raiders pounce and find a running mate for mack in chubb who could have gone as high as 4.

15.) Miami 

Edge Harlod Landry - With no value at qb here they take bpa which is the Boston colleges Sack king

16.) Atlanta

LB Roquon Smith - With no emergency needs the falcons take a personal favorite of mine, while this also allows beasley to play more end.

17.) Detroit

LB Malik Jefferson - The edge needs some help opposite ansah but jefferson is a ten year starter in the waiting at that olb spot for the lions

18.) Green Bay

Edge Clein Ferrell - Green bay are desperate for some pressure off the edge and clein has the highest potential of any edge player left on the board

19.) Redskins

RB Damian Harris - This pick is dependant on cousins being here next year, if not look for a trade up

20.) Dallas 

Maurice Hurst - Dallas needs some pressure up the middle so they take the athletic hurst early on

21.) Ten

s Derwin James - a talked about top 5 pick drops this far due to a lack of ball skills, still the titans pick up a thumper who will own the ball carrier if left clean

22.) Bills

wr Courtland Sutton - Whether its tyrod taylor or somebody else, they need some new options in the passing game.

23.) Jags

QB Mason Rudolph - Blake Bortles!!!

24.) Seattle

CB Denzel Ward - The LOB needs some fresh legs and ohio states ward has the size and physicallty the seahwaks like

25.) Panthers

OT trey adams - Cam needs protecting and the left side of that panthers oline is pushing on

26.) BILLS

Nice I'll maybe do one tonight. Trey Adams is one of the best OT in the draft but with him being ruled out for the year with an injury dunno if someone would take a chance in the 1st. Nice read bud, surprised to see it

40 minutes ago, SnapDan said:

Nice I'll maybe do one tonight. Trey Adams is one of the best OT in the draft but with him being ruled out for the year with an injury dunno if someone would take a chance in the 1st. Nice read bud, surprised to see it

Just tried to do my own version rather then copying the analyst's ones, it's a bit different to be fair. Looking back now i can't see it taking 24 picks before the first cb is taken but it just kind of happened that way :lol:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Scottyob said:

@dr_volki what do ya think of the ferrall pick? Would you have taken one of the other lads left? I'm hoping we trade up for key or Chubb in the actual draft

I’ve not looked at any draft prospects yet :lol:

but certainly would aggree with getting a passtusher in. Need a replacement for clay

18 minutes ago, Scottyob said:

Cheers m8. Your a bucs man or am I thinking of someone else?

Yeah I’m a Bucs fan. Offensive line and Edge are both potentials.

i don’t watch enough college ball to comment on these players, but always interesting to see drafts and content like this in the site.

1 minute ago, StueyH111 said:

Yeah I’m a Bucs fan. Offensive line and Edge are both potentials.

i don’t watch enough college ball to comment on these players, but always interesting to see drafts and content like this in the site.

Yea I think ye will go with Chubb myself. He seems to be a bendier Derek Barnett if that makes sense :lol:

Good stuff Scotty do you mind if i post this on the site?

Although didnt like where you had the Chargers picking :lol:

Noticed no Josh Allen here any reason why??

34 minutes ago, Beyond The Game said:

Noticed no Josh Allen here any reason why??

Not a big fan of his to be honest, he'll probably go in the 1st but I see him more as a late second or early third rounder.

Good job mate, there's alot of differences between yours and mine, I'm currently on pick 26 so should be finished tomorrow

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, tripperman28 said:

Good job mate, there's alot of differences between yours and mine, I'm currently on pick 26 so should be finished tomorrow

Hope you have the Chargers picking later

12 hours ago, Beyond The Game said:

Hope you have the Chargers picking later

Using current draft order which leaves us 7 or 8th, not where we should finish but it's a fun doing it with the order now seeing who could be available for us 

14 hours ago, tripperman28 said:

Looking forward to it m8, be kind to the packers:lol:

Just now, Scottyob said:

Looking forward to it m8, be kind to the packers:lol:

Stuck with a qb or a kicker :lol:

• Haha 1