Jump to content
SnapDan

Nba Live 18

Recommended Posts

Never really watched or tried watching basketball, but I've heard good things about the games and detail of the CFM. 

If I'm right NBA 2K was kicking NBA Lives butt in the sales so EA took 17 out to focus on the new one. 

The demo comes out next week August 11th and I'm going to get it and give it a go, reading up on NBA games it seems the franchise modes are streets ahead of Madden and I know Maddens usual CFM guy has been working on NBA this year too. 

Does any one else follow/play basketball? Be good to have some people to play against 

Edited by SnapDan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SnapDan said:

Never really watched or tried watching basketball, but I've heard good things about the games and detail of the CFM. 

If I'm right NBA 2K was kicking NBA Lives butt in the sales so EA took 17 out to focus on the new one. 

The demo comes out next week August 11th and I'm going to get it and give it a go, reading up on NBA games it seems the franchise modes are streets ahead of Madden and I know Maddens usual CFM guy has been working on NBA this year too. 

Does any one else follow/play basketball? Be good to have some people to play against 

I am also getting it @SnapDan

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Which one is easier for noobs like me? I've read NB2K you have to log on and do training every day and stuff? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DaBurg864 said:

2K is still king though.

I agree; the gameplay is superior - but the online is where the game falls over - we use to run a 2k league here and with the poor online servers and the crappy online associate mode ended up the 2K severs deleted our league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Beyond The Game said:

I agree; the gameplay is superior - but the online is where the game falls over - we use to run a 2k league here and with the poor online servers and the crappy online associate mode ended up the 2K severs deleted our league.

It is, but since Live has yet to show any real competition, 2k remains on top. They do need more reliable online severs though.

Edited by DaBurg864

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got 2k a few years ago coz a few here played and wanted to get involved

But I found it wasn't pick up and play friendly so ditched it 

 

EA seems more noob friendly 

will play the demo and might pick it up 

want to get into the NBA this season 

this years playoffs were awesome as I was in the US for the finals 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nba live 18 demo is now onn xbox store for anyone wanting to try it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had 3 of the last 4 2K games, can't beat them, I only tend to play My Career, but the detail that goes into that mode is better than any other sports game out there (maybe MLB The Show which I've yet to get into)

I've played NBA Live when it's been on access and just not been impressed with it either graphics or gameplay wise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, shanew1705 said:

I've had 3 of the last 4 2K games, can't beat them, I only tend to play My Career, but the detail that goes into that mode is better than any other sports game out there (maybe MLB The Show which I've yet to get into)

I've played NBA Live when it's been on access and just not been impressed with it either graphics or gameplay wise

To be fair MLB The Show is the best sports game period. (even better than Madden)

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Beyond The Game said:

To be fair MLB The Show is the best sports game period. (even better than Madden)

 

I've got it, just rarely play it, bit hard though as I play it and not a clue what I'm doing really (bit like Madden actually :ohyeah:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've played the demo a little now and really like it, apart from trying to get the ball back off other people :lol: the career mode is pretty awesome and has videos from really news nba guys and stuff talking about you. It's a great story line too. May have to buy the full game! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎04‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 4:54 PM, Mcmanus said:

I got 2k a few years ago coz a few here played and wanted to get involved

But I found it wasn't pick up and play friendly so ditched it 

 

EA seems more noob friendly 

will play the demo and might pick it up 

want to get into the NBA this season 

this years playoffs were awesome as I was in the US for the finals 

ok

so starting watching and following the Celtics (obviously :lol: )

was browsing ebay and found nba live 18 new for £20 so got it

 

I know 2K is king, but I found it too difficult to pick up and play

playing a few games on live 18 I must say its really enjoyable

playing the game is making watching the real nba enjoyable also

 

gutted I messed up not getting tickets to the London game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Mcmanus said:

ok

so starting watching and following the Celtics (obviously :lol: )

was browsing ebay and found nba live 18 new for £20 so got it

 

I know 2K is king, but I found it too difficult to pick up and play

playing a few games on live 18 I must say its really enjoyable

playing the game is making watching the real nba enjoyable also

 

gutted I messed up not getting tickets to the London game

I saw that it's on ea access too now. Going to download it 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Liridon said:

Looking for another game I can spank you in? 

2-0 in PFL where it matters :lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×