Madden17 - What to do moving forward.

MaddenPFL Future leagues  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following leagues would you like to see, and would take part in for Madden 17?

• Pro10 CFM - 2 games per week (4 seasons)
    • Pro8 CFM - 1 game per week (3 seasons)
    • Classic PFL H2H league - relaxed scheduling, league type format
    • Fantasy CFM - Draft whole team at the start.
    • GM League - Control a team as their General manager only
    • Arcade league, short games, league format.

• Group:  Staff
  • Content Count:  4,238
  • Timezone:  America/New_York

With a little more than a month to go till the release, we thought it would be good to get some feedback and discussion going on what franchises we could do. 

If you have any other ideas, please share them in here. I can add them in.

Nothings decided yet. We are looking to freshen things up a bit, get activity going on the forums again.

Edited by RamsDan
  • Like 1

• Group:  Site Manager
  • Content Count:  3,109
  • Timezone:  Europe/London

Love Pro10 and how it's is ran and the format. Would love to be involved again, I have kept the enthusiasm for Madden 16 throughout, this is down to the dedicated coaches this year. 

Would be interested in the GM league format once site admin have any details as I was not around when I believe you ran it on previous Maddens. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TopLoader said:

Love Pro10 and how it's is ran and the format. Would love to be involved again, I have kept the enthusiasm for Madden 16 throughout, this is down to the dedicated coaches this year. 

Would be interested in the GM league format once site admin have any details as I was not around when I believe you ran it on previous Maddens. 

All depends if it actually works :lol: as this version there was a pretty big flaw in it I think

• Group:  EAFL Coach
  • Content Count:  2,842

Another successful series of leagues so well done to the GM's and thanks for giving up your time to organise and keep them running smoothly.

• Like 3

• Group:  PFL Legend
  • Content Count:  8,458

39 minutes ago, TopLoader said:

It was basically 10 seasons over the course of a version, with daily advances, working on 1 season per 5 week loop

Truth is it was never run properly, or at least had the desired effort put in, if it was it could be great for the site as its something noone else offers. If you can get 32 coaches who love the CFM side and want to build something over a longer period of game time it'd be great 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Joe said:

It was basically 10 seasons over the course of a version, with daily advances, working on 1 season per 5 week loop

Truth is it was never run properly, or at least had the desired effort put in, if it was it could be great for the site as its something noone else offers. If you can get 32 coaches who love the CFM side and want to build something over a longer period of game time it'd be great 

Is that an offer to run it? :shifty: 

• Like 1

• Group:  PS5 Coach
  • Content Count:  2,670

Think the GM bit needed a little bit of tweaking. Increasing the XP that players generate, changing the advance from every day to 3/4 advances per day. A GM wouldn't need to have daily input to the team, do practice sessions etc. Have more time for FA and the draft - don't rememeber but think they were daily as well so maybe change them to two days instead of one.

Agree with Joe that not enough attention and thought was put to it by everyone, either by those running it or by those playing in it, so probably need a bit of rethink and some investment of time to figure out the best way of running the GM mode on here.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  10,009

A quick-fire arcade league would really only be for casuals in my mind. 

• Content Count:  7,623

I thought the GM was ran reasonably well last time. It was almost always rolled over at midnight or near to midnight.

The only problem was, come the latter seasons, there were only a core of 5 - 6 coaches checking it everyday. Perhaps every week. You'd get people come on and ask how they were doing because they hadn't checked it in several weeks (which amounted to a season).

I think the advance every night worked well though. I checked every result and made changes to the depth chart. Personally, wouldn't think it needs advancing any more than that.

Like any of the leagues, the only thing you could say about it was that it lacked material on the site. This started out quite good and then dipped off in he latter seasons.

The major problem with the GM League was that once someone dropped out, you could never find someone to replace them as the team was already so personal to the last person. Not sure how you can get around that though. You could run a GM League Sep - Feb and then a separate one March - August to try and freshen things up in the last 6 months...

However you'd need to fit in a min of 7 - 8 seasons in the 6 month period imo to make it worthwhile. It can take a good 3 - 5 years to build your team.

Edited by StueyH111
  • Like 1

• Content Count:  7,623

FYI - What I'd like to see and what i'd take part in are two separate things.

I love a lot of the above suggestions. I've loved the GM, PFL, Pro 10, UKML etc.

With time, I'd have 2 options:

1. Pro 10 and GM (Literally cannot fit any more games in with the pro 10)

2. Pro 8 and (PFL or Fantasy Franchise) and GM

I might go back to my routes and go back to the more relaxed gameweeks next year. Have enjoyed the PRO 10, however sometimes it's been a real stress to be available in the fixture slots. 

Edited by StueyH111

• Content Count:  1,023

I'd really just like a steady paced team building league like the Pro 8 again, 2 games a week was too much for me to keep track of before i started on the FLM site and ive just got a new part time job aswell which takes up most evenings. I like the idea of the H2H or fantasy leagues as oppose to the Pro 8 but i'll join the one thats most popular as I cant stand playing CPU games :pfl: 

• Group:  PFL Coach
  • Content Count:  2,641
  • Timezone:  Europe/Zurich

With my last year in college and the Bachellor project to do in the second half of the madden season, I probably can't commit to 2 leagues and I will only start with the pro 8 and maybe join the pro 10 for the last season if you use somebody to replace an CPU team

• Content Count:  3,720

I'll stick with Pro 10 or a fantasy league but I doubt we would have enough coaches for all 3 cfm leagues. So Pro 10 is priority for me. 

But we do need coaches to be a bit more commited to the social aspect of this game/site.

If we run a GM I'll sign up.

• Content Count:  3,213

I'll hopefully be coming back onboard, but won't be able to commit to more than 1 game per week so the Pro-8 again looks ideal should it continue and have space.  If it doesn't go ahead I'll have to remain a casual observer :lol:

• Content Count:  5,997

pro 10 all day long

quite like the fantasy

only so I can fill my team with notre dame players :lol: 

• Like 2

I wasn't sure that I'd be back playing Madden, but it is showing as pre ordered on my games list!

• Like 4

• Group:  PFL Executive
  • Content Count:  6,258
  • Timezone:  Europe/Luxembourg

I've put down my preference to the Pro 10 & PFL  was meant to select the GM as well but don't think it registered my vote as I didn't click it properly.

Unfortunately I won't be joining the leagues next season (at the start anyway) so will be a casual observer due to "life stuff"

• Group:  Chief Executive
  • Content Count:  4,573

Really enjoyed pro 10 and Pro 8 and the format.  I'll definitely try and do both in Madden 17 again.  Also up for trying the GM control format if it works.

• Content Count:  2,559
  • Timezone:  Europe/Dublin

Have to say I really enjoy the PRO 10, having only played one season of the previous XPress league, I find it very competitive and as a result it's improving my skills at this game, even tho it's competitive coaches like rayski, doc and many other's help to improve newer coaches like myself, which in turn benefits the site.

The four season format is very good as gives more room for developing a team compared to the PRO 8. The PRO 8 is fun but since it's shorter I found it harder to build my team the way I liked, as any slight mistake is very costly. 

I voted PRO 10 as I'm dropping one league, as I believe with just focusing on one league on the site, it should help me to improve my game further and I done a few seasons of the GM league on Madden 15 and enjoyed it so if it work's in Madden 17 I would give it a go,  :pfl:

• Like 2

Biggest thing is getting fresh blood in and helping them stay. What seems to happen is 10 come in and 2 stay. 

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2,195

Pro 10 for me but time constraints mean this it's likely it will be my only league unless there's a GM league which I enjoyed the last time we did one (Madden 14?).

The arcade league might be if interest depending on how much of a time sink it was.

• Content Count:  1,703

Pro 10 for me, even though i made a good few mistakes with the Bills in this game, i really enjoy the team building side to it and have learned quite a few lessons for madden 17.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  2,790

Found the GM great and well managed tbh. Its just as stuey said in a GM if someone leaves the team is unlikely to find a new coach

• Content Count:  3,394

Most defo would like to be in the Pro 10 again, I prefer the old 2 games a week format. :up: 

• Content Count:  985

It will be pro10 for me this year if there is space.

• Like 2

Looks like we will only start with te Pro 10 for now. And that only had 23 people interested. 

Maybe we'll open up a GM thread nearer the time of release if enough people want it. The next job is to try to get new people signed up and staying, that's the hard part. 

I think for now it's prob best, but once the new game drops and everyone's interest picks up we can look at running more

• Like 1

• Group:  Site Manager
  • Content Count:  3,109

I'm sure come release, a lot more will be interested. 

I personally think that PFL has lasted the test of time, games are still being played and scheduled and we're less than a month from Madden 17. 

Hats off guys:hi:

• Content Count:  7,318

Gone against my usual feelings here and voted arcade and PFL. Used to love the CCs but for some reason it just holds no appeal to me anymore.

Only way I'd see myself coming back in to the fold is an old school relaxed league like the PFL. Voted arcade as while I'm not a huge fan of the do what you like philosophy I assume it'd be scheduled like the PFL and I'd get a sense of superiority playing "properly" :lol: 

Only 50/50 on whether I'll pick up the game to be honest. 

• Like 1

• Group:  PS Commissioner
  • Content Count:  1,809

Voted Pro 8,might jump to pro 10 if thats gone though.

1 hour ago, Perrin said:

Voted Pro 8,might jump to pro 10 if thats gone though.

Not gone, just need to gauge interest when the game drops