Beyond The Game

House of Cards

Decided to take another plunge on netflix this month..... wasn't expecting much just really waiting for the new Marvel stuff to come available...

But decided I have to check out House of Cards as everyone is raving about it..

My this is one of the best series I've seen!! Can't believe it has taken me so long to discover this, put on the first episode last night @ 11pm didn't go to bed till 3.30am...

Have you watched it? What do you think?

Any other good series on Netflix I should check out?

• Like 1

Awesome TV show.

Spacey is different class in this. 

I've watched all 3 seasons, hoping for a 4th.

If you like this, try out "The Newsroom". First episode alone is worth watching with the initial speech at the start that kicks things off and the way the episode develops along a very prominent real life event. 

Awesome TV show.

Spacey is different class in this. 

I've watched all 3 seasons, hoping for a 4th.

If you like this, try out "The Newsroom". First episode alone is worth watching with the initial speech at the start that kicks things off and the way the episode develops along a very prominent real life event.

Newsroom is that the one with Jeff Daniels???

If it was the one I remember Daniels was amazing in that one... The first episode was really good but missed the rest of the series... Might have to find it

Newsroom is that the one with Jeff Daniels???

If it was the one I remember Daniels was amazing in that one... The first episode was really good but missed the rest of the series... Might have to find it

Yeah, he's on a par with Spacey in House of Cards for me. Superb. Loses its way a bit in season 2, but only for a few eps, but then season 3 is a return to form and a good way to end the show. 

House of Cards is tremendous. I've watched all three series and was open mouthed at several episodes. Spacey and Wright are brilliant as is Kate Mara (she is from the NYG Mara's).

Its very good all right but the third season is not as good as good as the first two. Hopefully the fourth will see it return to form.

Finished watching Season 1 last night then thought 1 more so watched the start of Season 2... Then I ended up staying on for another 2-3 because what happened!!

• Like 1

Finished watching Season 1 last night then thought 1 more so watched the start of Season 2... Then I ended up staying on for another 2-3 because what happened!!

that's kinda what this show does to everyone :lol:

• Like 1

I'm up to episode six

Edited by MackemJet

Just watched the start of season 2

interested to see where it goes now tbh. Seemed a bit OTT, Its made up yeah but season 1 was believable, what happened was far fetched
Edited by MackemJet

Realism? Define realism for a TV show of this nature. 

Realism? Define realism for a TV show of this nature. 

getting some pookeynoodle else to do it somewhere more private I guess :lol: 

TV series called damages on Netflix well worth a look also the killing which I would say  in top 3 of TV series I ever Seen outstanding is the killing along with the shield ....:rock:

cant wait to finish season 3, pretty much destroying my life, love how they planning to put Claire in the oval office too...schemers!

cant wait to finish season 3, pretty much destroying my life, love how they planning to put Claire in the oval office too...schemers!

LOL! This happened to me too, had to stop watching cause I'll end up staying up all night and 1 episode became 5

• Like 1

Also season 1/2 Frank > Season 3 Frank

Should point out only on to episode 4 season 3.

Edited by MackemJet

Is it worth continuing? Up to episode 6 season 3 and I'm bored to tears

Season 3 - wow

Havent seen a drop in quality season to season in a show that bad since the Irish season of Sons of Anarchy. Was like a long episode of Eastenders, I don't care about your feelings, your menopause or your marriage Claire ffs :lol:

Started season 4 this weekend have to say this is far better than season 3....  Episode 4 is crazy!!!!

It's amazing, halfway through and must say beginning to be my favourite!

Absolutely - Oddly enough the Robin Wright directed episodes were up there with the best episodes I have watched of this season.

Seemed like they spent the first half the season trying to fix the s**t plot directions from season 3 and it was just as pants. Its been much, much better since

Frank came back with a new liver

Finished it fantastic finish best season yet!!! Thankfully only a few weeks till Daredevil 

• Like 1

2nd half of the season was quality. Season 1 & 2 still the best though :shifty:

Well what an interesting few days it has been.

It appears next season will be the last of House of Cards - interesting timing given the recent allegations against Kevin Spacey.

I finally got netflix this christmas. After binge watching through Stranger Things. It might be time to watch this netflix classic. 

• Like 1

On 31/01/2018 at 9:16 AM, Winti26 said:

I finally got netflix this christmas. After binge watching through Stranger Things. It might be time to watch this netflix classic. 

You won't regret it - absolutely fantastic series. Although given the news about Spacey that has come out this series, I'm concerned it will hurt it's ended.

On 2.2.2018 at 12:56 AM, Beyond The Game said:

You won't regret it - absolutely fantastic series.

After 6 episodes I've to agree. This combined with the olympics is all my freetime gone:lol:

33 minutes ago, dr_volki said:

Stop slacking @Winti26

2evenings is more than enough for 1 season (i speak from experience) :lol: 

So true lol