Madden 25 and Xbox One

• Group:  PFL Legend
  • Content Count:  8,458
  • Timezone:  Europe/London

Following the announcement last night that Madden 25 will be out 'within the next 12 months' on the Xbox One, I'm sure there will be plenty of questions about how this affects the current setup etc

As of now, nothing has even been discussed nevermind decided, as no one knew for sure what was happening. I'd imagine that when pricing and release details are announced, we will be able to look at the demand for it and work from there

You guys will be the first to know :up:

• Group:  PFL Coach
  • Content Count:  3,707

HOW MUCH THESE NEW  X ONES GOIN FOR?

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,683

Following the announcement last night that Madden 25 will be out 'within the next 12 months' on the Xbox One, I'm sure there will be plenty of questions about how this affects the current setup etc

As of now, nothing has even been discussed nevermind decided, as no one knew for sure what was happening. I'd imagine that when pricing and release details are announced, we will be able to look at the demand for it and work from there

You guys will be the first to know :up:

Most likely going to be a transitional year for you guys running this.

Will be a lot of people splitting and going in different directions I reckon.

• Group:  PFL Executive
  • Content Count:  6,258
  • Timezone:  Europe/Luxembourg

HOW MUCH THESE NEW  X ONES GOIN FOR?

Hasn't been announced from what I could tell yesterday all they spoke about was a few features such as the voice activation and the multitasking function. I think the biggest news was when they said you could record games like the PS announced and some of the exclusive content to be honest it was basically a teaser for E3

Most likely going to be a transitional year for you guys running this.

Will be a lot of people splitting and going in different directions I reckon.

I am unconvinced

It will be a few months behind the current-gen release at least, and the price point will put a whole lot of people off

• Content Count:  4,457

Maybe a league for those on the 360, who will jump ship when the One comes out?

• Content Count:  789

For the best part of the next iteration the majority will still be playing on 360 I reckon. The console won't arrive until early November. After last night's 'reveal' though, I'm considering moving to the PS4, not the XboxOne.

• Content Count:  2,663

I am unconvinced

It will be a few months behind the current-gen release at least, and the price point will put a whole lot of people off

I don't see many getting Madden 25 on the Xbox One. I think Madden 15/26 will be the trickier year for the admins, a larger proportion of the Site will be on the Next Gen by then, so you admins will have to decide whether to run leagues on Xbox One, PS4, 360, 2 of the 3, all 3 etc...

The UFC game is a good example of why not to get too excited. 3 weeks ago it was announced that it wouldn't be released before April

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/5/9/4315712/ea-games-will-not-release-its-ufc-game-until-after-march-2014

It might have been revealed last night, but that doesn't mean it will be a launch title. It'll be interesting to see how close to launch FIFA/NBA/Madden are

The UFC game is a good example of why not to get too excited. 3 weeks ago it was announced that it wouldn't be released before April

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/5/9/4315712/ea-games-will-not-release-its-ufc-game-until-after-march-2014

It might have been revealed last night, but that doesn't mean it will be a launch title. It'll be interesting to see how close to launch FIFA/NBA/Madden are

I think Madden, FIFA and NBA will have to be lauch titles. With the consoles apparently coming out November/December time, they'd be crazy not to, with the seasons all underway, it would be stupid to leave it longer as the closer to the end of the seasons, the less sales they are likely to generate. My understanding is that UFC is continuous? If so they can afford to release it later as the UFC will still have high interest from fans...

• Content Count:  10,009

I can see us mostly being 360 for the most part, but we could have to go PS4 as well.

• Content Count:  2,644

guys - i know i am the old codger around here but i dont want an xbox one - i want a games console

will await guidance from pfl on whether to buy madden 25 or not - problem with restarting madden 13 again will be 'what happens if by pure chance we get the same draft as already experienced'

if pfl say buy madden 25 for the current console i will do so

as for next gen .... i have a bloody good 3d dvd player, i have a wonderful samsung 8000 tv, i have sky ........ so as i said above i want a games console ......... all that r&d that went into making the xbox one could have been spent on making the defenitive games console

is that an old persons view?  you are probably all laughing at me but thats why i dont have an iphone.  i want music, i listen to my ipod touch - my phone and email is on the blackberry which is the best i have found for that - i want a picture ..... guess what, i use a canon eos camera

so please, someone, ms or sony - build the worlds best purpose only games console

you can all stop laughing now

• Like 1

guys - i know i am the old codger around here but i dont want an xbox one - i want a games console

will await guidance from pfl on whether to buy madden 25 or not - problem with restarting madden 13 again will be 'what happens if by pure chance we get the same draft as already experienced'

as for next gen .... i have a bloody good 3d dvd player, i have a wonderful samsung 8000 tv, i have sky ........ so as i said above i want a games console ......... all that r&d that went into making the xbox one could have been spent on making the defenitive games console

is that an old persons view? you are probably all laughing at me but thats why i dont have an iphone. i want music, i listen to my ipod touch - my phone and email is on the blackberry which is the best i have found for that - i want a picture ..... guess what, i use a canon eos camera

so please, someone, ms or sony - build the worlds best purpose only games console

I agree regarding Next Gen, if I wanted something that's more then a Games Console I'd ask for it. I have my TV, my Sky, my Ipad. I dont need this fancy s**t they already do...

Only thing I disagree with, is the Camera Music and Phone all seperate, Iphone for me as it does all in one (camera not as good as say an eos Cannon but im not a big photographer anyway... :)

And Im not even an Old Codger!!! :D

Madden25 will be out on Xbox 360 Hubble, and that is what the majority will be playing :up:

is that an old persons view?  you are probably all laughing at me but thats why i dont have an iphone.  i want music, i listen to my ipod touch - my phone and email is on the blackberry which is the best i have found for that - i want a picture ..... guess what, i use a canon eos camera

OLD, not really, you have joined the :oldgit: on here :D

Guest Futureheads

It makes sense what they are doing the mass market is what families with kids an all entertainment hub makes perfect sense. Where it fails is where game developers do the same let's face it Madden is only going to be bought by guys who like NFL and realism, console is different now for EA to take note of this....

TBH, the PS4 will have all this as well. Say all you want about a dedicated games console, but the One/PS4 will have a blue ray player and access to all the online stuff like Netflix, BBC iPlayer maybe even Gamepass one day. You say you don't want it, but most of us like watching Films and Movies via stuff like Netflix, especially as you dont have to have a £1000 Smart TV to get them. 

360 leagues will continue as is. M25 is out in August - next gen consoles aren't.

Once the new consoles (and games) are out and there's some take up, then the leagues will adjust to suit.

Expect a transition phase for at least one version of Madden

:up:

• Content Count:  4,055

The 360 is already good enough at this stuff IMO, I don't care that it takes two seconds to switch, I was ok going through menus and it taking 15 seconds. Also heard it won't work without Kinect, which is just crap, and no backwards compatibility will probably affect us the most.

I'm a sucker, I'm getting either as soon as they are released, most likely the Xbox though..

TBH, the PS4 will have all this as well. Say all you want about a dedicated games console, but the One/PS4 will have a blue ray player and access to all the online stuff like Netflix, BBC iPlayer maybe even Gamepass one day. You say you don't want it, but most of us like watching Films and Movies via stuff like Netflix, especially as you dont have to have a £1000 Smart TV to get them.

£1000 for a Smart TV? Try around £400. I'd expect these new consoles to be in excess of £400 (personally im expecting £500 on release). So baring in mind you still need a TV you are looking at £800-900 for a TV and Console... :doh:

I may actually stick with the 360 up until they stop making games for it. I've seen nothing revolutionary so far, sure they'll be able to do some more fancy things but tbh, I find games like BF3 and Red Dead breathtaking so I see no need to waste tonnes for a mild improvement with some features I wont use or enjoy...

Sneddon, do you just enjoy moaning about everything lol?

Atm yes!!! :lol:

It's my time of the month... :D

HLR Mil.o

I know what you mean but Sneddon is right

At some point in time these consoles will mean that newer tv's are needed.  Most come with everything that the Xbox One will deliver anyway as standard so why is it needed on the Xbox One?

The ONLY advantage I have had from the 360 is that when its upstairs I can watch Sky while the family watch sky downstairs but if i was that bothered i would get another sky box

Just give me the ultimate gaming console - no frills but an awesome gaming experience

Aston Martin doesn't come with anywhere near as many options as the Fiat 500 but which one would you drive?

Aston Martin doesn't come with anywhere near as many options as the Fiat 500 but which one would you drive?

Tough question, I do love a 500 Abarth!!!

fiat500abarth-31webopt.jpg

• Group:  Xbox Commissioner
  • Content Count:  4,339

HLR Mil.o

I know what you mean but Sneddon is right

At some point in time these consoles will mean that newer tv's are needed.  Most come with everything that the Xbox One will deliver anyway as standard so why is it needed on the Xbox One?

The ONLY advantage I have had from the 360 is that when its upstairs I can watch Sky while the family watch sky downstairs but if i was that bothered i would get another sky box

Just give me the ultimate gaming console - no frills but an awesome gaming experience

I say it again. Get a PC :up:

• Like 1

Until EA turn off the servers for Madden 25, which there will in time.

Madden 25 could be the perfect chance to run a league over 2 years as was discussed a while ago. For those who have no intention for getting the New Generation console for a very long time (like myself) it could suit us.

I would imagine that there would be NO Madden 15 on the Xbox 360. (Just a guess) Therefore those not wanting to get the next gen console before Madden 15 comes out, you may be stuck playing Madden 25 for a while, until you buy the next gen console.

If Madden 25 was deemed good enough to play fora prolonged time, it may be a great opportunity for those committed to staying with the 360 for a year or two, to play a 6 - 8 season franchise.

Obviously this would take a core of dedicated players, but something to think about......

I would be in, especially if the draft is truly random as i am hearing it will be so no cheat sheets for some online

For me the building of the franchise is as enjoyable as the playing - just give me the worst team from day one :)

When the 360 and PS3 came out there were 3 or 4 more years of Madden on the old consoles. That said though, the software business is not what it was 7 or 8 years ago. Developers are making cuts all the time and the cost of maintaining multiple development teams might prove prohibitive.

However, I'd be surprised if EA where to cut their ties to the 360 and PS3 too quickly. A lot will depend in the sales success of the new consoles. No point having a title when there is no market and would they risk losing sales of one of their biggest grossing games?

The only thing I can predict with a fair degree of certainty is that Europe will be following whatever happens in the States.

When the 360 and PS3 came out there were 3 or 4 more years of Madden on the old consoles. That said though, the software business is not what it was 7 or 8 years ago. Developers are making cuts all the time and the cost of maintaining multiple development teams might prove prohibitive.

However, I'd be surprised if EA where to cut their ties to the 360 and PS3 too quickly. A lot will depend in the sales success of the new consoles. No point having a title when there is no market and would they risk losing sales of one of their biggest grossing games?

The only thing I can predict with a fair degree of certainty is that Europe will be following whatever happens in the States.

Agree with this.

The last madden on PS2 was madden 12.

• Content Count:  449
  • Timezone:  UTC

My plans are as follows.

I'll be getting Madden 25 for the 360, along with GTA V and FIFA 14 they will be the last games I buy for the Xbox 360.

I will buy either the Xbox One or PS4 at launch. At the moment I'm leaning towards Xbox One purely because of how much focus they put on sports games yesterday, I got the impression EA will make the experience better on Xbox. Also, while I don't need the TV features they did to death yesterday, I'll probably use them, and I'm certainly not as angry as some seem to be that my games console can double as an entertainment centre if I want it to.

In all honesty, which ever console comes out first will likely be the one I go for, I want the next-gen FIFA and COD as soon as I can get them. But I will definitely play both, and which ever suits my needs more will be the one I stick with and then can think about leagues etc.

• Content Count:  571

Xbox easy choice

• Content Count:  651
  • Timezone:  UTC

its all on E3 really and going by what Sony are saying on the pre owned games issue i reckon they will do the opposite of microsoft its calling my bluff time lol

pointless making a choice now when you have so little genuine information so will make one after E3 but at this early stage its PS4

• Content Count:  2,790

The fact the new xbox is not region coded might convince me to buy it early, want to get involved in ncaa

The fact the new xbox is not region coded might convince me to buy it early, want to get involved in ncaa

I would be surprised if we see another NCAA game after this year the way the lawsuit is going. Latest is In NCAA 10 the Florida playbook had a play called "Tebow Option right"

Hopefully we do see it next gen but with dwindling sales and this lawsuit expected to go in favour of the athletes I expect EA will pull the plug.

Surprised people are making such early decisions as Spy is saying we need to see more. Xbox360 was a great console but that doesn't automatically mean the xbox one will be.

At the moment im favouring PS4 as I like the share feature and also for MLB theShowhowever I really need more info on both systems.

• Content Count:  1,610

Id definitely be up for a long franchise! Im saving up for a PC rather than a new console and if Madden 25 is half decent i will be on it for a while haha

• Like 1

With the option to import your NCAA 14 draft class into Madden 25 making a comeback I think I might get the PS3 version this year.

Such a great feature playing NCAA then seeing who drafts your kids in the NFL and following their careers.

How did it work before Silent?

I mean in NCAA say you had an elite QB, with really good stats. Does he come into the NFL with the same stats?

How did it work before Silent?

I mean in NCAA say you had an elite QB, with really good stats. Does he come into the NFL with the same stats?

He would be good but it would adjust them so it would be relevant to NFL level.

It sometimes worked out wonky but In a way it was good as not every elite college player makes it in the NFL.

It's really cool recruiting a guy, having him for 4 years then he gets picked in 1st round in Madden. It really adds a whole new dimension to madden. Really glad it's back.

• Content Count:  378

Yeah..think maybe return to playstation if that is confirmed..really liked that option to import from NCAA..never had a go at it but looks cool.

• Content Count:  3,394

Apparently the new Xbox will be region locked.

Haven't read up on much about it over the past few days, but I cant see why they wouldnt region lock a console? This has always been part of a a companies sales protection as well as more importantly, what other countries run their tv's etc on. Any thing on NTSC ( Never the Two Same Colours in the old days) run over here ( if they could) would look rubbish as the format is completely different, its still not as good as the PAL set up is.

I'm personally still swaying toward the XBOX ONE just now.

Edited by Burnzee Boyee

Apparently the new Xbox will be region locked.

This is true, I read myself 

• Content Count:  789

Haven't read up on much about it over the past few days, but I cant see why they wouldnt region lock a console? This has always been part of a a companies sales protection as well as more importantly, what other countries run their tv's etc on. Any thing on NTSC ( Never the Two Same Colours in the old days) run over here ( if they could) would look rubbish as the format is completely different, its still not as good as the PAL set up is.

I'm personally still swaying toward the XBOX ONE just now.

PS3 isn't region locked which is why there is a PS3 NCAA football league. Microsoft gave some bulls**t reason for doing it again. Assuming the PS4 is the same as PS3 then I'll be buying that so I can get my fix of US sports like baseball and any NCAA game if it still exists after the players lawsuit. The NTSC/PAL thing doesn't matter anymore unless you're using an old school TV.

• Like 2

If indeed the Xbox one is region locked again its a massive kick in the teeth for UK sports game fans.

I'm already swaying PS4 for MLB but if I can only play NCAA on PS4 then its a no brainer considering I can also play Madden, NBA 2k, Battlefield etc on it.

• Content Count:  571

PS3 isn't region locked which is why there is a PS3 NCAA football league. Microsoft gave some bulls**t reason for doing it again. Assuming the PS4 is the same as PS3 then I'll be buying that so I can get my fix of US sports like baseball and any NCAA game if it still exists after the players lawsuit. The NTSC/PAL thing doesn't matter anymore unless you're using an old school TV.

Your exactly right about the NTSC/PAL thing, I have MLB2k11 which is NTSC, but for some reason played on PAL machines and the graphics and colours are just as good as I would expect from a bonefied PAL game.

I have not looked too much into the next Gen's yet, but like you I want the option to be able to play more US sports games, if only the PS4 gives me that option, then that is what I will plump for.