Beyond The Game    1,520

I see AP has been traded from the Saints to the Cardinals.

Personally think its a good trade for both - Peterson wasn't been used correctly and the Cards have lacked a running game since Johnson's injury.

However AP gets to come to London twice this season - prob the first active player to do so in one season.

SnapDan    1,123

I think the cardinals OL is more the problem with running the ball than the RBs themselves. Peterson shown nothing over the last couple seasons that he is better than what they have. 

We saw how average he was behind a bad OL last year and is playing behind another trash one at Arizona. Think it's a better trade for the saints because they might actually get someone back from a bad signing in the summer. 

One of them occasions I hope I'm right because don't want the cardinals getting better this year :lol:

ZoSo    746

Don't like the trade. We've got too many holes in the team to compete. Would rather get a high draft pick and get a qb.

Although having AP on the team is nice, even if he's getting on and has slowed down.

Beyond The Game    1,520
1 hour ago, ZoSo said:

Don't like the trade. We've got too many holes in the team to compete. Would rather get a high draft pick and get a qb.

Although having AP on the team is nice, even if he's getting on and has slowed down.

Hardly gave up anything to get him i believe it is a conditional late round pick. I hope he does well 

DaBurg864    870
13 minutes ago, Liridon said:

Nothing that myself or @Winti26 (Im guessing) cares about. AP was never a good fit for the Saints. We will win SB without him this year

I see your:ganja-man: drug use hasn't affected your sense of humor like it has your Madden ability 

• Haha 1

Beyond The Game    1,520

Read this on twitter and thought it was funny

First a saint now a cardinal.... next Adrian Peterson will be the pope. 

• Haha 1

Winti26    493
2 hours ago, Liridon said:

Nothing that myself or @Winti26 (Im guessing) cares about. AP was never a good fit for the Saints. We will win SB without him this year

100% agree, specially the SB part;)

I've never understood why he signed with us in the first place. What did he expect? That suddenly the Saints will abandon thier style of offence and do everything to suit him. Then he complained when he didn't got the snaps he wanted. Nothing to miss here from a Saints point of view

• Like 1

Beyond The Game    1,520
11 hours ago, Winti26 said:

100% agree, specially the SB part;)

I've never understood why he signed with us in the first place. What did he expect? That suddenly the Saints will abandon thier style of offence and do everything to suit him. Then he complained when he didn't got the snaps he wanted. Nothing to miss here from a Saints point of view

Absolutely agree with this - was a bit of an odd fit espically with that OL.

ZoSo    746

:lmao:

AP always seems to be destined for the cardinals. Right when we took a s**tty Levi Brown instead of AP in the draft. 

Beyond The Game    1,520
20 minutes ago, ZoSo said:

Levi Brown

who? :lmao:

ZoSo    746

Exactly

Beyond The Game    1,520
On 10/10/2017 at 7:34 PM, ZoSo said:

Thoughts on this move now??

ZoSo    746
1 hour ago, Beyond The Game said:

Thoughts on this move now??

Huge fan of the trade, exactly what we needed. *nods*

Obviously made a huge impact to the entire game for us. Thought he had enough in him to be a good rusher for us but this was beyond what I expected. Plus what it did to the running game and defence was great.

Still feel we have a huge issue of a second CB alongside Patrick peterson, which was even more exposed when he went off injured and Bethal let Evans score. Bethal isn't a starting corner and he has a really tough job to start opposite peterson. 

At least it's made the season exciting and I can look forward to the Twickenham game now

Edited by ZoSo

Liridon    165
10 hours ago, ZoSo said:

Huge fan of the trade, exactly what we needed. *nods*

Obviously made a huge impact to the entire game for us. Thought he had enough in him to be a good rusher for us but this was beyond what I expected. Plus what it did to the running game and defence was great.

Still feel we have a huge issue of a second CB alongside Patrick peterson, which was even more exposed when he went off injured and Bethal let Evans score. Bethal isn't a starting corner and he has a really tough job to start opposite peterson. 

At least it's made the season exciting and I can look forward to the Twickenham game now

I find that the other teams defense now has to be scared of the backfield as well, instead of just Palmer. Also, felt like he fought energy to the whole team after that first touch.

Hope he has a good season with you guys. Felt like the Saints could play without having him on their mind all the time. 

SnapDan    1,123

Brought up again after his one good game since 2015. So feels right to bring up normal service seems to have been resumed. 

1.9 yards per carry against one of the worst rushing defences in the league so far. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing/position/defense

Beyond The Game    1,520

Easy to stop the rush when Drew Stanton is the QB.... looks like Palmer is out for some time. Will be interesting to see if anyone comes in to replace Kaepernick perhaps????

SnapDan    1,123
7 hours ago, Beyond The Game said:

Easy to stop the rush when Drew Stanton is the QB.... looks like Palmer is out for some time. Will be interesting to see if anyone comes in to replace Kaepernick perhaps????

He had palmer for a half tho, not like he went down straight away :lol:

Doubt kap's phone will ever ring again to be honest. Can see the media circus being way too much of a distraction for any HC's liking 

Sovoth    589

Normal service seems to have resumed? What does this mean? Seems a bit of silly statement to be honest.

It's his 2nd or 3rd start in a while and he's now on a team that appears to want to make use of his talents so wouldn't it be prudent to see how he's done by the end of the season before declaring anything about 'normal service being resumed'.

SnapDan    1,123

Normal service as in the last season. 

If that has to wait till the end of the season, then so does surely sucking him off all week for his first 100 yard game in 2 years :lol:

Edited by SnapDan

Beyond The Game    1,520

To be honest i thought he actually looked good when he got the ball.  Just dont think he got O line help and the rams were stacking the box... 

Will see what happens after the bye week.