Sign in to follow this  
pilks1075

Burfict 5 game suspension

pilks1075    167

What a bloody joke, 5 games for a legal hit on the Chiefs FB in last week's preseason game. NFL who denied the concussion issue for years now so high and bloody mighty on player safety. Burfict knocked the FB down with a shoulder to the chest as he came out the backfield on a route, happened within 5yrs of the line of scrimmage..no helmet to helmet contact, it was a hard but legal play that happens week after week. No flags,not even pushing and shoving after the play yet 55 is hit with this.

The Bengals should fight this all the way, the 3 game suspension after the Brown hit was a joke but this is just plain wrong. They are going after Burfict and the lazy "thug" narrative even when he has never been in trouble off the field. On it I'll be the first to admit he pushes it but if he was wearing Black and Gold or Purple he would be an enforcer or batsman or chippy...play with the Bengals...thug. Sick to the back teeth of this.

SnapDan    1,112
4 minutes ago, pilks1075 said:

What a bloody joke, 5 games for a legal hit on the Chiefs FB in last week's preseason game. NFL who denied the concussion issue for years now so high and bloody mighty on player safety. Burfict knocked the FB down with a shoulder to the chest as he came out the backfield on a route, happened within 5yrs of the line of scrimmage..no helmet to helmet contact, it was a hard but legal play that happens week after week. No flags,not even pushing and shoving after the play yet 55 is hit with this.

The Bengals should fight this all the way, the 3 game suspension after the Brown hit was a joke but this is just plain wrong. They are going after Burfict and the lazy "thug" narrative even when he has never been in trouble off the field. On it I'll be the first to admit he pushes it but if he was wearing Black and Gold or Purple he would be an enforcer or batsman or chippy...play with the Bengals...thug. Sick to the back teeth of this.

Yeah I watched it, have to say I was a little surprised he got 5 games for this, feel like his reputation as a dirty player may have also had a hand in this and the length. 

Watching the play it does look like a bit of a cheap shot as the guy he hits doesn't even seem to be looking at him but I've seen worse. 

pilks1075    167

The thing is Burfict is not wrong in what he does, FB is out on a route but within 5 yrs of the line he should know he is there to be hit.Burfict did not launch into him,did not earhole him which would be a cheap shot. Offensive players are always told to keep their head on the swivel and if this is suspension worthy or illegal, why no flag, it would be in view of the officials. If he is getting 5 games then there should be suspension worthy hits on nearly every play. As you say Dan his reputation goes before guys like Mike Mitchell consistently launch to the head and get nothing.