Sign in to follow this  
Vondia

Wilfork retired...

Vondia    706

The man the myth the legend finally let us know what we already knew... he's calling it a career. Will be a big loss for our defense(pun intended) but just in this occasion worth it to post the best part of hard knocks EVER:

You'll be missed Vince!

• Like 3

SnapDan    1,112

Just read he's officially signed with the patriots to retire a pat @Vondia never saw the point in that 

Vondia    706
1 hour ago, SnapDan said:

Just read he's officially signed with the patriots to retire a pat @Vondia never saw the point in that 

Yeah that's an American thing i guess. We did the same with Andre Johnson while he played for Colts and Titans after he left us lol. Can you imagine Ryan Giggs playing one year for Liverpool then one year for Chelsea and still be honored and praised by United after he retired. :lol: 

SnapDan    1,112

It's just weird everyone knows they didn't retire on that team... I retired a patriot but my last game was as a texan...

Atleast play the last quarter in pre season or something :lol:

Beyond The Game    1,520
2 hours ago, SnapDan said:

I really like they sign these one day contracts and retire with the team they are known for, I see it as a way to rebuild relationships with the team and its usually done for players who will be in that teams hall of fame or top players.

Take Tomlinson for an example the Chargers refused to sign him and there was quite a bit of bad blood in that at the time as Tomlinson thought he was worth that much. Went to the Jets played his two seasons then signed a 1 day contract with the Chargers and retired. It helps kind of bury the hatchet if you will and goes along to restoring relationships etc. 

In the premier leagues you'll be unlikely to get this sort of situation as a majority of the time that top player won't be shafted out of the team in a bad way like Tomlinson was - it is usually done quiet mannered - Although I would like to see someone like Rooney retire a Man Utd player.

• Like 1