Sign in to follow this  
SnapDan

2017 NFL Season

SnapDan    1,110

So with pre season just round the corner, I thought i'd get a thread up for any little bits you spot in the news or any regarding the new year!

Can't believe the Jags just made brandon linder the highest paid centre in NFL history.....I thought they were turning a corner :lol:

helimachoptor    606

Titans are winning AFC South unless Mariota breaks another leg. 

I'm going out on a limb and saying they will be number 2 seed and will get to the AFC Conference Game

• Like 1

Coco0981    58
1 hour ago, helimachoptor said:

Titans are winning AFC South unless Mariota breaks another leg. 

I'm going out on a limb and saying they will be number 2 seed and will get to the AFC Conference Game

If decker can stay healthy he could be a big addition. With Mariota, that O-line and run game lot of pieces in place 

tripperman28    683

Chargers have RG3 in for a workout today, 

What camp/preseason roster battles are you watching for with your team's 

For me with my chargers it's the oline see who is the going to make starting unit after drafting Guards Forrest Lamp and Dan Feeney this year, drafted centre Max Tuerk last year along with UDFA center/guard  Spencer Pulley  and big FA signing OT Russell Okung to compete with OT Joe barskdale and the star of the oline last year Centre/guard Matt Slauson, this could be a heck of a battle to watch all season 

• Like 1

Coco0981    58
3 minutes ago, tripperman28 said:

Chargers have RG3 in for a workout today, 

What camp/preseason roster battles are you watching for with your team's 

For me with my chargers it's the oline see who is the going to make starting unit after drafting Guards Forrest Lamp and Dan Feeney this year, drafted centre Max Tuerk last year along with UDFA center/guard  Spencer Pulley  and big FA signing OT Russell Okung to compete with OT Joe barskdale and the star of the oline last year Centre/guard Matt Slauson, this could be a heck of a battle to watch all season 

Chargers o line was nearly as bad as Seahawks last year

tripperman28    683
2 minutes ago, Coco0981 said:

Chargers o line was nearly as bad as Seahawks last year

It was worse then the seahawks, hence it's such an important battle,

Coco0981    58

I don't know, Seahawks O-line was pretty bad

We can agree that neither were as bad as the Vikings anyway. Think Seahawks have quietly made some upgrades on the oline, can't have Wilson under pressure as much as he was last yr

SnapDan    1,110

Seahawks line has been terrible one thing I'm looking forward to this year is that is hasn't changed so much, we change 3/4 guys every year and I think this also has an impact in performance. Our OL is another year older and has another year playing together, some guys actually aren't so bad I just think Tom Cable tries a little too much to be clever and we just need consistency. 

Rees Odhiambo in particular was a guy I liked the look of we took last year, we focus too much on flexibility on the OL and it hasn't worked for years so that's what needs to change. We have some really big strong dudes who at times look lost and maybe this is because a couple games earlier they were playing on the opposite side etc 

I'm really interested in the WR battle in training camp we have some pretty talented players in that group now, Paul Richardson finally showed us his potential during the play offs and if he can stay fit it's a dangerous weapon, then we have Baldwin and Lockett who's places are nailed but a talented guy won't make the roster with Kearse, McEvoy, Darboh, Williams, smith and more! Plus we have the Rawls v Lacy RB battle and a the fight for the #2 corner back spot on the team.

Feeling really confident this year we have a lot of depth at every position, just need to get some consistency on that OL! 

• Like 1

tripperman28    683
2 hours ago, SnapDan said:

Seahawks line has been terrible one thing I'm looking forward to this year is that is hasn't changed so much, we change 3/4 guys every year and I think this also has an impact in performance. Our OL is another year older and has another year playing together, some guys actually aren't so bad I just think Tom Cable tries a little too much to be clever and we just need consistency. 

Rees Odhiambo in particular was a guy I liked the look of we took last year, we focus too much on flexibility on the OL and it hasn't worked for years so that's what needs to change. We have some really big strong dudes who at times look lost and maybe this is because a couple games earlier they were playing on the opposite side etc 

I'm really interested in the WR battle in training camp we have some pretty talented players in that group now, Paul Richardson finally showed us his potential during the play offs and if he can stay fit it's a dangerous weapon, then we have Baldwin and Lockett who's places are nailed but a talented guy won't make the roster with Kearse, McEvoy, Darboh, Williams, smith and more! Plus we have the Rawls v Lacy RB battle and a the fight for the #2 corner back spot on the team.

Feeling really confident this year we have a lot of depth at every position, just need to get some consistency on that OL! 

Yeah same with the chargers the oline was always chopping and changing with injuries, so consistency went out the window, I think we had the most different oline combinations two years ago and not far off last year, 

Coco0981    58
4 hours ago, SnapDan said:

Talk is the Fant will keep left tackle, Joekel into left guard, Britt stay at centre, Aboushi right guard and Ifedi moves to right tackle.

Who knows though, maybe pocic does well in camp, and glowinski was nearly the best oline player last yr?

SnapDan    1,110
3 minutes ago, Coco0981 said:

Talk is the Fant will keep left tackle, Joekel into left guard, Britt stay at centre, Aboushi right guard and Ifedi moves to right tackle.

Who knows though, maybe pocic does well in camp, and glowinski was nearly the best oline player last yr?

Think we are set with britt at center. Glowinski was strong too, think ifedi had a few teething problems but hopefully after a year is better. I'm not a fan of fant. For me personally I'd like the line to be 

Joekel LT

Odhiambo LG

Britt C

Glowinski RG

Ifedi RT

But I don't see them every day in training. Just hope he picks his starters and sticks to it, not scrambles them all up game by game 

• Like 1

HLR Milo    591

19-0? Maybe :) 

shanew1705    141

Really looking forward to pre-season starting, will finally get chance to see some of the rookies that really intrigued me prior to the draft. There's quite a few guys I will be keeping an eye on, however these 3 are the main guys

Obi Melifonwu - Safety I really really expected to be taken late first/early 2nd, instead he fell further then I thought he would being taken 56th overall by the Raiders, rate this guy a lot and will be keen to see how he gets on over the season, and how often he gets on the field (no doubt playing behind Karl Joseph). Also born in London too - I'm sure the folks at Sky Sports will be mentioning this every chance they get

Chris Godwin - PSU WR taken by the Buccs. He's ex PSU, so what's not to like about the kid! Expecting to see him bit more in pre-season, no doubt he will start the season behind Evans and Jackson

James Conner - Topping the sales of rookie jersey's (possibly behind Watson), the kid has overcome cancer, so instantly have admiration and respect for him being able to get back into this sport and be drafted. He ran for over 1700 yards the season before he got cancer with 26 TDs, spent the next season out, and then in his come back season ran for over 1000 yards and 16 TDs, I'm really high on this kid, hope he goes on to have a great career, and think he is being vastly under-rated 

• Like 1

SnapDan    1,110

Cardle Jones traded to the Chargers 

tripperman28    683
6 hours ago, SnapDan said:

Cardle Jones traded to the Chargers 

Not a bad move for a conditional 7th rounder, gives us a potential back up till we find Phillips heir apparent 

SnapDan    1,110
3 hours ago, tripperman28 said:

Not a bad move for a conditional 7th rounder, gives us a potential back up till we find Phillips heir apparent 

Yeah good move, your new coach worked with him last year didn't he. 

Cowboys have signed Ronnie Hillman.... Could mean they know Zeke is going to be hit with a ban

tripperman28    683
39 minutes ago, SnapDan said:

Yeah good move, your new coach worked with him last year didn't he. 

Cowboys have signed Ronnie Hillman.... Could mean they know Zeke is going to be hit with a ban

Yeah he was his offensive coordinator for most of last season, he's a project but could be a solid third string qb for nown, 

Looks bad for Alfred morris making the final roster, talk he was on the brink before this 

Willo    41

The Colts...

I think another 8-8 season possibly 9-7, 10-6 season is in store. It really depends how this new D with 7/8 new starters actually play. If they're middle of the pack in the NFL instead of bottom 5 then we should be quite dangerous as Andrew Luck is always worth 6-7 wins by himself at least. Our OL, despite what the national perception is, is finally coming together this year with Kelly, Haeg and Clark all starting a number of games together as rookies at the end of last season. 

Expect another standard 80+ catches, 1400 yard season from the disrespected TY Hilton, but hopefully Donte Moncrief can stay healthy to provide some support.

Really don't know what to expect in the AFC South. The Titans are building a very nice roster but can they put it all together? The Jags D on paper looks awesome but just like the Texans last year will Bortles hold them back. And as for the Texans they have JJ Watt back but it all depends on how Deshaun Watson plays. If he's good then the Texans should win the division again.

• Like 1

Kirchoffs69    251

The Raiders.

The trendy pick this year are the Silver & Black. With Derek Carr looking to take off from where he left last season, the addition of Marshawn Lynch should propel our offense and actually help our D by keeping them off the field. The D is still a work in progress and I think not good enough to take us to the Super Bowl. I think we could reach the AFC Championship game though.

SnapDan    1,110

So odel Beckham has said he wants to be the highest paid player in the league, not just reciever either. 

Can anyone see the giants giving him more than a QB. I don't, could spend a few years tagged 

dr_volki    872
9 hours ago, SnapDan said:

So odel Beckham has said he wants to be the highest paid player in the league, not just reciever either. 

Can anyone see the giants giving him more than a QB. I don't, could spend a few years tagged 

Would be a silly thing to do.

receiver just doesnt have the impact a qb has. Just look at megatron :( 

Beyond The Game    1,513
10 hours ago, SnapDan said:

Has to perform in playoffs before this happens surely - his performance against the Packers in the playoffs was poor - maybe had something to do with a little boat party

Ken2Blitzkrieg    493

i think my 49ers will be alot better than last seasons abysmal display , think shanahan coming in and assembling the coaches he wants around him and the way the team seem to be reacting to Lynch, some nice free agent pick ups (on paper)

their front 4 on D could cause alot of problems , still the OL for me some questions at moment

SnapDan    1,110
22 hours ago, Kirchoffs69 said:

The Raiders.

The trendy pick this year are the Silver & Black. With Derek Carr looking to take off from where he left last season, the addition of Marshawn Lynch should propel our offense and actually help our D by keeping them off the field. The D is still a work in progress and I think not good enough to take us to the Super Bowl. I think we could reach the AFC Championship game though.

Listening to the Dave Dameshek podcast they reckon the Raiders won't make the play offs, incredible amount of luck last year winning close games can't keep happening is why.

SnapDan    1,110

DJ Alexander traded to the Seahawks for Kevin Pierre Louis! 

Has to be an improvement on that useless............

SnapDan    1,110

Aaron Donald skipping training camp, I would be over the moon if he left the rams but I know it's never going to happen 

Beyond The Game    1,513

Ravens seem to be getting a few injuries first Flacco now Dixon

Kirchoffs69    251
On 28/07/2017 at 5:48 PM, SnapDan said:

Listening to the Dave Dameshek podcast they reckon the Raiders won't make the play offs, incredible amount of luck last year winning close games can't keep happening is why.

I'd be surprised if we don't make the playoffs. Yeah we won some close games but mostly cos our D was poor. Only lucky win was probably vs the Titans whereas we had some bad luck losing Carr when we were building momentum late in the season. We're not Superbowl material yet but we are defo playoff material - especially in a weak AFC.

Beyond The Game    1,513

Rob Ninkovich retired - terrific player - but signs showed last year - I'm guessing Patriots fans will be a little sad but glad they might be able to see someone cover the flat now - lol

SnapDan    1,110

The season gets underway tonight! Then next week we have a game Wednesday night, Thursday, Friday Saturday and Sunday 

Pre season get some stick but I'm looking forward to watching all the rookies 

tripperman28    683
Posted (edited)

Not a great start for our draft class with Mike Williams doubtful with a herniated disk in his back and now second round pick Forrest Lamp tore his ACL in training camp practice last night and is out for the season,  he was impressive in his first outing in pads on Tuesday, so this is a big loss for the oline 

:chargers: 

Edited by tripperman28

SnapDan    1,110
Posted (edited)

can't catch a break the Chargers, definitely a cursed franchise :lol:

Edited by SnapDan

tripperman28    683
7 minutes ago, SnapDan said:

can't catch a break the Chargers, definitely a cursed franchise :lol:

Definitely something to the curse :g:

tripperman28    683

@TopLoader what do you think of the cutler to dolphins  rumors, is he any better then your backup?

vipTopLoader    706
4 hours ago, tripperman28 said:

@TopLoader what do you think of the cutler to dolphins  rumors, is he any better then your backup?

No in a short answer. 

Matt Moore has been in the system for a year and Miami for a number of years. 

He played fairly decent last four games or so end of last year despite having very few snaps upto then in practice. 

Then of course showed his steel after that brutal hit in the playoffs against them Steelers. 

Need Tanny of course but we will survive with Moore but in desperate e need of a backup not named 12m Cutler. 

Running game gonna be key for us. 

Beyond The Game    1,513

@tripperman28

See Stuckey was released?

tripperman28    683
49 minutes ago, Beyond The Game said:

@tripperman28

See Stuckey was released?

Yeah I just seen that there an hour ago, kinda sad about that, thought his special team's play and leadership would be great for this new coaching staff,  

Great seeing our HOF legend get his own gold jacket last night :chargers:

viphubblewiffle    393

Expect it's just a laugh but there is a lot on the web about Romo and the Dolphins 

Cutler crap and Kaep loves his Fidel Castro shirts that don't go down well in Miami

Ian

Kirchoffs69    251

14 hours ago, tripperman28 said:

Great seeing our HOF legend get his own gold jacket last night :chargers:

Well deserved for LT. A sign of how good he was is by how much Raider fans hated him. Pretty sure he had some amazing streak of TD's against us. Great player.

• Like 1

SnapDan    1,110

Jay cutler is now a fin! 

SnapDan    1,110

Quincy Enuwya out for the season poor jets! 

Joe    2,238
11 minutes ago, SnapDan said:

Quincy Enuwya out for the season poor jets! 

Oh no, we're not going to win the SuperBowl :lol: 

Feel bad for him, but to be honest he's probably better out of what this s**tshow is going to be

• Like 1

Beyond The Game    1,513
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Joe said:

Oh no, we're not going to win the SuperBowl :lol: 

Feel bad for him, but to be honest he's probably better out of what this s**tshow is going to be

Heard a story about Hackenberg not breaking the huddle correctly a few times and being pulled from practice.... thought it was just a bad joke about the jets, then found put it was true....

Edited by Beyond The Game

Joe    2,238
Just now, Beyond The Game said:

Heard a story about Hackenberg not breaking the huddle correctly a few times and being pullec from practice.... thought it was just a bad joke about the jets, then found put it wad true....

Yeah. You did leave out the end part though that they put him back in and he didn't make the same mistake again, showed some resilience. I know that doesn't make it sound as good though :lol: 

FWIW he looks very much like a badly wasted pick at this point, no idea how the QB situation is going to shake out this year 

Beyond The Game    1,513
45 minutes ago, Joe said:

Yeah. You did leave out the end part though that they put him back in and he didn't make the same mistake again, showed some resilience. I know that doesn't make it sound as good though :lol: 

FWIW he looks very much like a badly wasted pick at this point, no idea how the QB situation is going to shake out this year 

Yeah i heard on his next turn he connected with a 20 yard pass.... think the jets qb situation will be interesting to watch during the pre season.