shatnersbassoon

Top Ten favourite games of all time

I've just been reminiscing about the many hours wasted on Speedball 2 on the Amiga and wondered what your top ten all time game would be.  No doubt I've left loads off but right here, right now here's my top ten.

1) Elite (BBC 'b')

Space exploration, trading & thargoid space. Such simple graphics but the game play was utterly compelling.  The game that hooked me into gaming.

2) Command & Conquer: Red Alert (PS1)

A great game in it's own right but it came into its own when you hooked up 2 PS1's and played against friends.  Very happy memories of very many Sunday afternoons wasted, literally and figuratively. 

3) Halo 2 (XBox)

The game that cemented XBox live into my life and sucked up literally hundreds of hours.  Some astonishingly good maps and great multiplayer game play. 

4) COD 4: Modern Warfare (Xbox 360)

Another amazing multiplayer shooter that I spent altogether too much time on but with possibly the best single player campaign ever with "All Ghillied Up" cranking up the tension and "Death from Above" providing some massive firepower fun. "Fifty thousand people used to live here....."

5) Civilisation 5 (PC)

For me, this is the best of the best of turn based strategy games.  Starting out in 4000 BC with just a warrior and a settler and creating an empire to span the ages is extremely addictive and the daddy of all "Just one more turn" games.

6) GTA Vice City (PS2)

Fourteen years ago, this game was a mind blowing experience. The enormous scope of what could be achieved in an eye-poppingly immersive open world set the standard. And the music, sweet Jebus, the music 

7) Speedball 2 (Amiga)

Easy to pick up and play but difficult to master. Fast paced fun but Super Nashwan were very hard to beat.

8) Baldurs gate 2 (PC)

Harking back to my D&D infested youth, I love the role playing aspect of these games and this one has a great story line that drives you ever onwards.

9) North & South (Amiga)

A simple game but so much fun to play with friends.  I never could get the hang of running across the top of the damn trains though...

10) Madden 16 (XBox One)

I had to put it on the list somewhere didn't I?  Despite my shocking season, I think this is probably the best Madden I've played and the game continues to delight and frustrate in equal measure.

Honourable mentions:

Knights of the Old Republic (Xbox); Goldeneye (N64); Gauntlet (Arcade); Worms Armageddon (PS1); Tetris (Gameboy); Resident Evil (PS1); Super MarioKart (SNES); Tomb raider (PS1)

Edited by shatnersbassoon
  • Like 1

DiodeX    2,006

Cor tough list to make. No order to mine at all.

Final Fantasy 7 (PS1)

My first proper RPG and it was a JRPG, seems an odd way of combat with turn based. But the story made the game. Looks horrible now though :lol:

C&C/ Red Alert (PC)

Another first, played this for months before internet gaming was the "the" thing. It was great before EA got involved and kept making improvements. Loved the music as well 

Half Life /2 (PC)

You are not a gamer if you haven't played these classic games. I would still play it if I had less games.

CounterStrike (PC)

My first proper online game, hardcore shooter, no health regeneration. Dead and out for the round. Played it since the first ever release but stopped as it was a cheatfest and people with extreme skillz.

Gran Turismo (PS1/2)

It was the first 2 I was proper hooked on on the PS1 but 3 was amazing graphically (for those days) Still probably better than Forza but to few and far between now (and no PS3/4)

GTA 3 Vice City (PS2)

Nothing else to say really, just the best of the GTA series, 5 comes close but the 80's man!! Loved getting to the 2nd island before you should by jumping on to a pass boat :lol:

Assassin's Creed (360)

ACII is a better game, but it all started there. I was mesmerized by the scale of the game, awesome. Let's ignore III shall we?

PGR2 (Xbox)

Amassed countless hours playing this online when I first got the Xbox, it just worked online better than any other racing game. playing cat and mouse games, Minis vs Speed 12's, happy days.

Just Cause 2 (360)

s**tist story, best fun openworld chaos, probably not for everyone, but I spent countless hours just blowing s**t up. I still didn't find 100% of everything. That game was huge (JC3 is bigger still)

Borderlands Series

Including the Tales game, I don't know why I enjoy it so much, gun OCD?, the humour, the shooting everything. GUNS, GUNS, GUNS....All 3 FPS games are brilliant and the Tales game is pure genius. 

Surprising nothing from this current gen 

• Like 1

Cardy    253

There are probably ones I've forgotten but in no particular order;

Football / Championship Manager (Series) - Can't really pick one version because I spent my teenage years ploughing hours and hours into every year's edition - Still play every now and again now but don't really have the time to get into it the way I used to

Fallout 3 - Didn't really know much about the game before I played it but the storytelling, the different ways to complete quests, the moment you step outside the vault.. All blew me away

GTA V - Speaks for itself - Absolutely incredible game

The Witcher 3 - Another game with amazing storytelling (The Baron storyline is up there with anything) and probably the most beautiful game I've ever played

COD 4 : Modern Warfare - So many hours wasted playing online with my uni housemates :lol:

Mario 64 - Got this along with an N64 one Christmas as a kid and it's still fun to this day

Madden 16 - It's got it's faults but it's the best Madden yet in terms of gameplay

GTA: Vice City - Cool setting, cool music and it's GTA so it's going to be awesome (Let's all forget GTA 4)

Cricket 2011 - Technically it's a terrible game but it has to go in for nostalgic reasons for epic battles vs uni housemates again 

Metal Gear Solid 2 : Sons of Liberty - Yes it's got a ridiculous camera system which is almost unplayable if you go back and try it now, yes Raiden is a complete gimp, yes the story doesn't make sense.. But it's still awesome

• Like 1

StueyH111    1,445

I played a lot of console stuff as a kid and then missed years after university, then have just gotten back into it over the last 5 years. I've always been a multiplayer gamer really. Always enjoyed the N64 as you could pop 4 controllers in before the age of online gaming and have a 4 player game with your mates in the living room.

Therefore my list will definitely reflect those types of games:

1. Zelda (Ocarina of Time) - N64

Never been so proud of completing a game ever. At the time, I was amazed by how big the land was that you could roam freely and mess around as you wish!

2. Madden Series - Xbox

Started on Madden 12 and have been hooked since. Never have I ever followed a series of games where I play the game so much and buy it on release every year. p**ses me of it's released unfinished every year, but once they get it right, I love it!

3. Goldeneye - N64

I'm not a fan of shoot'ems, however there was a simplicity to Goldeneye that I just loved. Plus the multiplayer game was great and spent many a great nights playing 4 player flag tag and the various other options. Always had to play on License to Kill mode too (ie one shot and dead)

4. Mario Kart 64 - N64

I was seriously good at this game! Nobody at University wanted me to play. Loved it though!

5. Football Manager - PC

My love for football manager is so string I have to not buy it anymore. It ruins my life with my, I'm addicted to it that much. Would be higher on the list if I could bring myself to stop playing it. However, I'm late for everything when I've got a game going, turn nocturnal and have almost lost girlfriends over playing it too much.

6. FIFA Series

Always been FIFA and not PES. Find FIFA gets very repetitive, very quickly. Playing the CPU is not that fun, but for the amount of good times I've had playing my brother when I was very young, up to friends in my 30's it needs to be on the list.

7. Worms Series - Mega Drive and PS2

Your classic multiplayer game. Every game is different unless you're one of them vermin that get the blow torch out and start burrowing early on!

8. Olympic Gold - Mega Drive

Used to love this game. So simple, but so fun. Tapper tapper on the A and B and off you go!

9. Jungle Party - PS2

Probably designed for kids. But nothing like a group of adults sat round playing some basic games and competing on a leader board. Many a good times playing 4 player 'Monkey Buzz' as we used to call it!

10. Tiger Woods Series - N64 - Xbox

Again, much better on multiplayer. I'm terrible at real golf. Therefore have a 4 player round of gold on the console was great fun. Only downside was it takes too long.

As you can see, very different to many of the other submissions. I like simplicity, fun, multiplayer gaming!

Edited by Stueyh111
  • Like 1

Skyrim XBOX 360

I used to be an adventurer but then i took an arrow to the knee

Medal of Honour PS1

None of this open world multiplayer sh*te. Just me against the Nazis, possibly on GOD mode or easy

Grand Theft Auto Vice City

Shatners summed it up, i remember getting the various radio stations on CD they were that good also.

FIFA 94 Internation Soccer MEGA DRIVE

Winning the coin toss. Running away from the ref for hours to annoy your mate who you had just fouled. Scoring goals with that Dutch player who i cant remember the name off who was miles better than anyone other than his Brazilian version

Super Mario Bros 3 NES

Miles ahead of its time tbh. Me, my brother and sister arguing like f*ck over whos turn it was

Nintendo World Cup NES

Supershots.

Streets of Rage 2 MEGA DRIVE

Clocked it again :rock:

Mortal Kombat MEGA DRIVE

Getting the exact distance away from the guy then pressing 8 buttons so Kano would pull his heart out :lol:

Madden 13 XBOX 360

My first version. Took me to this place, when it was at its very best.

Shadow of Mordor XBOX ONE

The combat :drool:

StueyH111    1,445

Streets of Rage 2 MEGA DRIVE

Clocked it again :rock:

Gave that one serious consideration too. Great game!

Cardy    253

I couldn't bring myself to include FIFA, even though I play it every year like a mug

Playing the CPU is awful (even with custom sliders) so playing career mode is rubbish - And even when I've tried to play career mode there are so many elements which are crap.. Clunky menus, the appalling scouting system, terrible AI team selections for the opposition

Gameplay is hit and miss from version to version

The only good thing about it is playing friends 

Edited by Cardy

dr_volki    845

in no order:

Everquest 2:
This was my first ever MMO and boy did I enjoy it, spent well over 2k hours on it :lol:

Path of Exile:
In my eyes the true follow up from Diablo2, currently steam says 1600hours, probably closer to 2k hours taking closed beta into account. best of all its Free 2 Play.

Battlefield 1 & 2:
no explaining to be done here :rock:

Counter strike 1.6:
one of my first online shooters along with BF.

Team Fortress 2:
sank many nights into this back in the day.

Minecraft:
no need to explain. :up:

Elder Scrolls series / witcher series:
both fantastic rpgs

will add more later.

Sovoth    579

No particular order...

Star Wars (Arcade)

Star Wars Trilogy (Arcade)

MegaLoMania (Amiga)

Lemmings (PC/Amiga)

Dune 2 (PC)

Resident Evil 4 (Xbox360)

Manic Miner (Commodore 64)

Day of the Tentacle (PC)

International Track & Field (PS1)

Ratchet & Clank series (PS2)

DanMcGrath77    616

Oh man this is going to require some impossible decision making, but here I go - 

1) Fable: The Lost Chapters (PC)

When you literally cant put a game down for 2 weeks and then go right back to the start once you 100% it, it deserves this spot on the list. It got remastered a couple of years ago for the 360 and PC and is just as good.

2) Elite Dangerous (PC)

Pure mind-blowingingly huge sandbox gold. I've put well over 100 hours into this game over the past year or so and have barely scratched the surface. The Horizons expansion, although the price of a completely new game adds some great new features such as the ability TO LAND ON PLANETS. AND DRIVE A DUNE BUGGY!!!!

3) Fallout New Vegas (PC)

Yes I'm one of the weird ones that prefers New Vegas over 3. But by the most minuscule amount. Both are exquisite games and its almost impossible for me to chose between the two.

4) Fallout 3 (PC)

See above.

5) Kerbal Space Program (PC)

I love space, and this game gives the chance to design your own rocket ship and try to land on the planets and moons of the solar system. Or fly yourself into the sun, whatever takes your fancy. Requires a basic knowledge of rocket science.

6) Rome: Total War (PC)

The classic. Have very fond memories of marauding across Europe decimating anyone that has the audacity to get in my way. 

7) Age of Empires (PC)

Played this every year for the best part of a decade with friends where we would have all night LAN matches. So many great memories means that I cant leave this off the list. Still one of my favourite RTS games.

8) Rocket League (PC)

CAR FOOTBALL. The satisfaction you get after scoring a goal is something that can only be experienced.

9) Madden (Xbox)

Cant leave this off the list, especially on this site! My first Madden game was Madden 11 and was the thing that really got me into the NFL. Also I've met some decent guys through it... 

10) Metal Gear Solid 3 : Snake Eater (PS2)

Loved this game, sneaking around the jungle popping off bad guys was great fun. Once you get the Stealth Camouflage (which makes you invisible) it gets even more fun.

Honourable mentions - Euro Truck Simulator 2 (PC), Batman Arkham Asylum (XBOX360), Just Cause 2 (XBOX360), Crysis (PC), Empire: Total War (PC), Grand Theft Auto 5 (PC/Xbox), The Witcher 3 (PC), Ratchet and Clank 3 (PS2), Sly 2: Band of Thieves (PS2), The Matrix: Path of Neo (PS2), Tomb Raider (2013), Worms, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (PS2)   

Edited by DanMcGrath77

Sc0tty84    164

No time to list all 10 right now but I recently got Final Fantasy VII again on my PC via Steam and it's just as good as I remember. It's a timeless game which is the mark of any of the best games ever in my opinion! 

vipRFC Buncey    592

The top 3 will always likely stay in this order for me. Below that it's in no particular order.

1) Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time (N64)

Hands down my favorite game, I still want to go back and play it now and the graphics still kinda hold up when you consider the game has been out for over 15 years. Makes me just as happy playing it now as it first did many years ago.

2) Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal (Game Boy Colour)

Probably a surprise for most, but I'm that age where Pokemon was big as a kid. This is by far the best of the series and easily my most played game on the Game Boy

3) Metroid Prime (GameCube)

I liked the Metroid games before it went 3D, this game took the series to a whole new level. I recently played the series again and this stood out as the best even now.

4) Mass Effect 2 (Xbox 360)

The entire series was good, but I certainly spent the most time in this game. Improved everything about the original, removed the boring sh*t vehicle stuff and had one of the best ending series I've played. The amount of time you spend really does affect how it finishes.

5) XCOM 2 (PC)

Easily the newest game on this list, but well deserving. I played the original a lot (including the Long War mod that I would highly recommend to anyone who liked XCOM) and this again improves everything about the original. I'll be replaying this for some time.

6) Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (3DS)

Another turn based strategy game that I have sunk countless hours into. Perma death if you fail makes this game even better, one of the few hard series to complete left.

7) Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (Xbox 360)

II is very close to this, but simply put I preferred all of the new features in this game enough to spend more time in it despite the shorter story. Series has only gone downhill from this game unfortunately.

8) Rainbow 6: Vegas (Xbox 360)

The terrorist hunt mode on this game was great, and it was my first game on the 360 (and first online game). It looks dated now, but was great fun and the gameplay is still great.

9) Fallout 4 (Xbox One)

I haven't played any of the earlier games, but I couldn't put this down for well over 3 weeks. Already brought the season pass and I will be going back to replay it when they release in the summer.

10) Skies of Arcadia (GameCube)

Most of you probably haven't heard of this game, but all I have to say is flying pirate ship battles.

Honorable mentions:

Borderlands 2 (Xbox 360) - CoD4 MW (Xbox 360) - Tales of Symphonia (GameCube) - FIFA 10 (Xbox 360) - Skyrim (Xbox 360) - Football Manager 2012 (PC) - Undertale (PC)

HLR Milo    587

My top 10 

1) World of Tanks

2) Super Mario 64

3) Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 

4)  Halo 2

5) Forza 3

6) Telltale Games: Wolf Among Us

7) Madden 16

8) Project Gotham Racing 2

9) GTA 4

10) Fallout 4

I'd completely forgotten about PGR2; I was awesome in Beetles round the London Admiralty Arch.

Two original XBox games I'd also completely forgotten about;  Crimson Skies: High Road to Vengeance was a bloody great multiplayer game and one of very few 'plane combat shooters. I played it bloody loads. Splinter Cell was another amazing game which flipped the "traditional" FPS conceit on its head. The heart rate accelerating concept of being as quiet and sneaky as you could so you could outflank and the snap the neck of your opponent was pretty groundbreaking.

I very much agree with the love for Tiger Woods golf. I forget which version it was but the Predator course was a work of absolute genius.

Edited by shatnersbassoon

vipRamsDan    1,609

Many of mine have been mentioned above but one no-one's mentioned, and was an absolute classic was.......

• Like 2

oX ULTRA Xo    254

1) Age of Empires series

2)Lord of the \rings:battle for middle earth

3)Earth Worm Jim

4)GTA Vice City

5)Call of Duty :modern warfare

6)Cossacks series

7)Crashbandicoot

8)Madden

9)Fifa

viphubblewiffle    355

Championship Manager / Football Manager

'you coming to bed'

'what's the time?'

'10.30'

'yes - will be ten mins'

'okay night night'

'what time do you come to bed, I woke up at 3am and you wasn't there .......'

suffice to say I haven't  bought it since my daughter was born and am too scared to buy it now even for my long haul flights

God hell me if this NFL OOTP game ever comes out ....

• Like 3

StueyH111    1,445

Championship Manager / Football Manager

'you coming to bed'

'what's the time?'

'10.30'

'yes - will be ten mins'

'okay night night'

'what time do you come to bed, I woke up at 3am and you wasn't there .......'

suffice to say I haven't  bought it since my daughter was born and am too scared to buy it now even for my long haul flights

God hell me if this NFL OOTP game ever comes out ....

Can totally relate to that.

vipThePacFish    1,171

1. Portal 2 - Absolute masterpiece.
2. Championship/Football Manager - Hate to think how many hours I've wasted on these.
3. Sensible Soccer - Most addictive football game ever.
4. COD 4: Modern Warfare - Like Portal 2 it's an absolute masterpiece. Still the best COD by some distance and my first real foray into online FPS games.
5. Final Fantasy 7 - Chocobo racing. Probably where my gambling problem began :g: 
6. Pro Evo 6 - Most playable online football game ever. Also included the foul thats not a foul :rock: 
7. Command & Conquer: Generals - Game of choice for me and my mates at uni. 
8. Eve Online - MMORPG on a truly epic scale. The economic system is incredible (sounds boring I know but I love it), the way it pulls you in is unparalleled and the battles you can get into are immense. Always gutted I stopped my account after a couple of years.
9. Skyrim - Hadn't played this type of RPG before but it drew me in immediately and kept me there for an age. When this goes backwards compatible I'll be playing it through again.
10. Gears of War Series - It's been with me as I've grown up. All apart from the Judgment one have been brilliant and you can't beat a Gears trailer :rock: 

Goldenbeard    445

Making this up as I go along so will probably be chronological! 

FA Cup Football - Commodore 64

Spent hours on this game. Mostly because it took half an hour to load (you kids don't know how good you have it!) my first real gaming obsession. 

Player Manager - Amiga

Built on the kick off engine with a management element attached. Brilliant game. 

Championship Manager - PC

Probably played 94 the most. Everyone knows how addictive it is. Not played one for a while as I simply can't dedicate my life to it these days! 

Monkey Island - PC

There were many great adventure games when I was a kid, but this was by far the best. Must have played it through over 100 times and still remember the responses to all of the sword fighting insults! 

Athlete Kings - Saturn

Button bashing awesomeness. There is no greater feeling in life than breaking your mate's 100m record on his own console! 

Goldeneye - N64

License to kill, bunker, every time you die you drink a shot. Ruined me so many times! 

Mariokart 64 - N64

I was actually the best at this game. I feel like I need to challenge Stuey! 

Planetarion - PC

This was an online rts game that literally took over my life for a few years. Control a planet and speak with the rest of your galaxy to attack and defend. I will never miss my phone going off at 3am with a "help, I'm being attacked" message. 

PES 6 - PS2

Still my favourite football game ever. Giving me a free kick around the area was worse than giving me a penalty. I literally scored every time. I'll never be that good at a football game again. 

Red Dead Redemption

Not sure why everyone puts GTA in their all time lists but missed this out. Far better than GTA, imo and one of the only games I've felt compelled to 100% complete. 

I've probably missed loads out, but those are the ones that stick out to me. 

viphubblewiffle    355

Making this up as I go along so will probably be chronological! 

Spent hours on this game. Mostly because it took half an hour to load (you kids don't know how good you have it!) my first real gaming obsession. 

Player Manager - Amiga

Built on the kick off engine with a management element attached. Brilliant game. 

Championship Manager - PC

Probably played 94 the most. Everyone knows how addictive it is. Not played one for a while as I simply can't dedicate my life to it these days! 

Monkey Island - PC

There were many great adventure games when I was a kid, but this was by far the best. Must have played it through over 100 times and still remember the responses to all of the sword fighting insults! 

Athlete Kings - Saturn

Button bashing awesomeness. There is no greater feeling in life than breaking your mate's 100m record on his own console! 

Goldeneye - N64

License to kill, bunker, every time you die you drink a shot. Ruined me so many times! 

Mariokart 64 - N64

Planetarion - PC

This was an online rts game that literally took over my life for a few years. Control a planet and speak with the rest of your galaxy to attack and defend. I will never miss my phone going off at 3am with a "help, I'm being attacked" message. 

PES 6 - PS2

Still my favourite football game ever. Giving me a free kick around the area was worse than giving me a penalty. I literally scored every time. I'll never be that good at a football game again. 

Red Dead Redemption

Not sure why everyone puts GTA in their all time lists but missed this out. Far better than GTA, imo and one of the only games I've felt compelled to 100% complete. 

I've probably missed loads out, but those are the ones that stick out to me. 

Oh man you have taken me back

I forgot ..... Football Manager Spectrum 48k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhas9aWS2F0

Do I sell Ray Wilkins or not ......... oh man that was the greatest game ever as a kid

And the load / save times .. what great memories - opening the CASSETTE player, blowing on the heads to get the dust off for a first time load

And of course the game that started the obsession with Channel 4

American Football Spectrum 48k

ubeep    257

seriously tough but I'll give it a try. In no particular order.

Championship/Football Manager series - as has been said, I honestly don't know how many hours I've invested in this down the years from CM2 to FM16. Possibly the most addictive series in gaming history.

Command & Conquer Series - Another one that back in the day took a huge amount of my time and still, imo the greatest RTS series of all time

Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee - so far ahead of it's time that when it was re-released last year it was still one of the best games money could buy

Track & Field II - me and my now brother-in-law bonded over this game. When he was on weekends home from the army we'd raid my sisters sock draw for the best "tool" and battle it out all night :)

Pro Evolution Soccer 2 - my favourite entry to the series and one full of memories. Me and a few mates would spend many a night playing co-operatively with a team created of all our friends. Still infinitely better than Fifa.

Another World/ Flashback - I have to put these 2 in here and as I want to cover both and they play quite similar I'm putting them together. Ahead of the time for sheer depth & story and still hard as nails!

BionIc Commando - the original on NES was an amazing game. Proper platforming greatness.

R-Type - Another old school classic that was re-released on Xbox arcade. I remember playing this first time around and wondering why I'd never before played a side scrolling shooter. I've never played another side-scrolling shooter!

Far Cry 4 - I need to throw in something recent and this is my most played XBONE game. Absolutely love it!

I cant finish the list without mentioning Madden. I'm still utterly useless but love the game and miss the league. This years is quality but for nostalgia I'm saying 92 as the MegaDrive is still my favourite console if all time.

Special Mentions - Wonderboy, Muhammed Ali Boxing, Super KickOff, Sonic the Hedgehog, Streets of Rage 2, Modern Warfare, GTA 3, Road Rage, Virtual Tennis.

I could honestly go on all night!

StueyH111    1,445

Mariokart 64 - N64

FA Cup Football - I used to play that. Amazing game. One of the first games I ever played. I didn't know that was what it was called but just you tuned it and it is the same game.

Ps. If you can find a working 64 with MarioKart64, name the time and place and I'm there. 

SnapDan    1,032

#ThrowbackThursday

10. Rampage (Mega drive) 

9. Premier Manager 99 

8. LMA Manager 

7. Destruction Derby

6. GTA 3

5. Sensible Soccer

4. Golden Axe

3. Pokemon Blue

2. Championship Manager 01/02

1. Pro evolution soccer 3

Burnzee Boyee    579

Top Ten games that I remember and liked the most?

1. Metal Gear Solid. PSone. This was my first foray in to the world of espionage, and as Solid Snake Pliskin, the job was a goodun. Right from the moment the Sub fired your liitle pod out towards the bay.

2. Metal Gear Solid: Sons of Liberty. PS2.  Again, brilliant espionage with Snake Pliskin and the new character Raiden. Mind you with some areas like 'Rectum' no nearly killed him...it was a bit mental in the final Arsenal Gear run. Oh and a brilliant musical score from Harry Gregson-Williams.

3. Final Fantasy VII. PS1.  First Strategy game I played and also the first one I remember thinking, oofftt they killed her off, a main character...NNNOOOooooo

4. BLACK. xbox 360.  Proper shooter in the format of BF4 and Bad company esque games, destroy buildings chasing the bad guys down whilst figuring out you've been lied to. Brilliant game, also on backwards compatible iirc.

5. Space Hulk, Blood Angels. Amiga 500. First Warhammer 40k game I ever played on a pc. Was also a copy I bought for 50p, from a reuptable..ahem...place.

6. The Madden Series. From Sega Megadrive to Xbox 1. goes with out saying really I also forgot to mention the awful Superbowl XX game on the Spectrum 48k, or the side scrolling Joe Montana series.

7. Elite. Commodore Vic20. Bounty hunting, Pirate killing, trading, running from the space cops....this was it back then, no limits, sort of...

8.  Earth Worm Jim. SNES.  After watching the cartoon I had to get me some of the hero...

9.  ALIEN. ISOLATION. XBOX1.  Truely underated immersive survial game that gets the heart pumping in every level.

10. Daley Thompsons Decathelon. Just for the hell of it lol

DiodeX    2,006
On 3/3/2016 at 11:58 AM, DiodeX said:

Cor tough list to make. No order to mine at all.

Final Fantasy 7 (PS1)

My first proper RPG and it was a JRPG, seems an odd way of combat with turn based. But the story made the game. Looks horrible now though :lol:

C&C/ Red Alert (PC)

Another first, played this for months before internet gaming was the "the" thing. It was great before EA got involved and kept making improvements. Loved the music as well 

Half Life /2 (PC)

You are not a gamer if you haven't played these classic games. I would still play it if I had less games.

CounterStrike (PC)

My first proper online game, hardcore shooter, no health regeneration. Dead and out for the round. Played it since the first ever release but stopped as it was a cheatfest and people with extreme skillz.

Gran Turismo (PS1/2)

It was the first 2 I was proper hooked on on the PS1 but 3 was amazing graphically (for those days) Still probably better than Forza but to few and far between now (and no PS3/4)

GTA 3 Vice City (PS2)

Nothing else to say really, just the best of the GTA series, 5 comes close but the 80's man!! Loved getting to the 2nd island before you should by jumping on to a pass boat :lol:

Assassin's Creed (360)

ACII is a better game, but it all started there. I was mesmerized by the scale of the game, awesome. Let's ignore III shall we?

PGR2 (Xbox)

Amassed countless hours playing this online when I first got the Xbox, it just worked online better than any other racing game. playing cat and mouse games, Minis vs Speed 12's, happy days.

Just Cause 2 (360)

s**tist story, best fun openworld chaos, probably not for everyone, but I spent countless hours just blowing s**t up. I still didn't find 100% of everything. That game was huge (JC3 is bigger still)

Borderlands Series

Including the Tales game, I don't know why I enjoy it so much, gun OCD?, the humour, the shooting everything. GUNS, GUNS, GUNS....All 3 FPS games are brilliant and the Tales game is pure genius. 

Surprising nothing from this current gen 

Just looking through this list, I wouldn't change a thing. I have played JC3 and it was brilliant but not as good as JC2.