StueyH111

MaddenPFL Dynasty League on MFL

StueyH111    1,445

Thanks for setting everything up. I voted for 1 flex spot, I think that is the most we should have, to be honest I'd also be happy enough without any if we had 3 WR starters and 2 RB, 1 TE.

2 Flex positions would be too much I feel.

The other option I suppose we can have is 3Wr's and 1 flex?

The reality is that 99% of the time 1 of people's flex positions will be a WR anyway.

This would allow people to start a maximum of 4 WR's.

In the league I'm in RB's are a real premium. It's getting better as more teams use a combination of RB's in any one game in the NFL but if your RB retires, drops down the depth chart or gets injured it cripples your team unless you're lucky enough to have 3-4 good RB's.

Because of this the price for a starting RB in a trade is massive as they are so rare....... And that's a 12 team league too.

Most teams often have good WR's sat around that they don't start each week.

QB RB RB WR WR WR TE flex could help people out.

I have also voted for 2 flex positions but think it will likely be 3WR's and 2TE's that most are starting each week due to the lack of RB's.

• Like 1

vipRiverman    1,184

I think the £10 for the toilet bowl winner gives even teams that may struggle the chance, i like the prize money set up

people are saying they voted for flex positions ( how/where do i do this?, but i vote for 2

How do i put a picture on as well, the website is realy confusing me atm as its new to me :lol:

edit - ignore that i think i have one, told you it was confusing, still dont know how to vote though

double edit - ive found it, im a genius

• Like 1

ubeep    257

I think the £10 for the toilet bowl winner gives even teams that may struggle the chance, i like the prize money set up

people are saying they voted for flex positions ( how/where do i do this?, but i vote for 2

How do i put a picture on as well, the website is realy confusing me atm as its new to me :lol:

edit - ignore that i think i have one, told you it was confusing, still dont know how to vote though

double edit - ive found it, im a genius

dear god this could be a long season

vipRamsDan    1,609

Just read through the rules and everything is well explained and seems fair.

Like Sovoth I'm also pretty newish to NFL fantasy but can't wait for this to start and I'am looking forward to the longevity of it, and looking at the good bunch of lads that are in it shouldn't be a problem.

StueyH111    1,445

Poll can be found on the site mate.

Should be down the left hand side of the homepage.

Beyond The Game    1,438

Voted! 

Happy with the Rules... can't wait to get this on.... will be spending the next few months preparing a draft board.

vipRamsDan    1,609

Voted! 

Happy with the Rules... can't wait to get this on.... will be spending the next few months preparing a draft board.

Spreadsheets :drool:

MurghBatwar    371

My view about the flex or premium on RBs or anything else is simple. We all know the layout, set up and rules. It is therefore down to the coaches to make sure their whole roster (not just staring line up) is strong.

The whole aspect that appeals to me is its depth. It improves your knowledge as you need to know the 3rd RB on the Seahawks, Rookie wideouts who are primed in season 2 etc.

MurghBatwar    371

But the rules make whatever the reality is! Is that such a big deal to make people research and widen their knowledge so the likes of Christine Micheal, Khiry Robinson and Latavius Murray have real value? Makes you think ahead.

MurghBatwar    371

In a 16 team league with 16 QBs+ on the bench?

A young RB with potential DOES have more value in fantasy than many poor fantasy QBs.

Need to separate the fantasy part from real life. Obviously in real life you are right, not in fantasy though.

• Like 1

ubeep    257

In a 16 team league with 16 QBs+ on the bench?

A young RB with potential DOES have more value in fantasy than many poor fantasy QBs.

Need to separate the fantasy part from real life. Obviously in real life you are right, not in fantasy though.

Fantasy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.reality 

StueyH111    1,445

The vote stands at 7 - 5 in favour of 2 flex positions currently. Not really a massive majority depending on how the last few votes go.

How do people feel about:

QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, DEF, K, 1 x FLEX (Meaning teams could start 4 WR's)

So adding an extra WR to your line-up and then having 1 flex to keep the rosters the same. The more I think about it, the more I like that idea.

I guarantee in 99% of situations 1 of the 2 flex positions would have been a WR anyway. This allows us to keep the starting roster at 10 each week but gives doesn't punish guys with only 1 starting RB on their roster so much if they have bad luck with injuries and such.

ubeep    257

The vote stands at 7 - 5 in favour of 2 flex positions currently. Not really a massive majority depending on how the last few votes go.

How do people feel about:

QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, DEF, K, 1 x FLEX (Meaning teams could start 4 WR's)

So adding an extra WR to your line-up and then having 1 flex to keep the rosters the same. The more I think about it, the more I like that idea.

I guarantee in 99% of situations 1 of the 2 flex positions would have been a WR anyway. This allows us to keep the starting roster at 10 each week but gives doesn't punish guys with only 1 starting RB on their roster so much if they have bad luck with injuries and such.

I would be happy with that. seems a comfortable middle ground and it can always be reviewed after the initial couple of seasons can't it.

etloveslsd    48

Is 4 receivers per team per week not too many?

That would mean on our rosters each week (assuming nobody plays a 3rd HB) we would have 64 receivers in play.

I know you would have the choice of playing a 3rd RB or 2nd TE, but as Stuey pointed out it will mostly be a 4th WR playing.

My overall point is, are there enough contributing players in the NFL to fill the proposed roster.

Beyond The Game    1,438

Wouldn't you be more likely to use a 3rd running back in the flex position rather than a WR....

Unless its Points Per Reception then I can understand having a WR in the flex. (Appologises I haven't gone over the scoring system)

In my opinion through playing Fantasy over the last 10 years+ HB > WR/TE (I know this has changed a lot with the change in the passing game, but still I would rather having a back who is likely to score a TD by redzone carries than a WR who might catch 2-3 balls a game)

StueyH111    1,445

That would mean on our rosters each week (assuming nobody plays a 3rd HB) we would have 64 receivers in play.

I know you would have the choice of playing a 3rd RB or 2nd TE, but as Stuey pointed out it will mostly be a 4th WR playing.

My overall point is, are there enough contributing players in the NFL to fill the proposed roster.

I think the proposal actually gives people more flexibility to be honest.

What I was saying is that with 2 flex positions, 1 of the flex's would almost certainly be a WR. But in the original proposal, they would not have been able to field a 4th WR if they wanted to.. They would have had to have used a TE or HB.

The new proposal means they have to start a 3rd WR as mandatory (which I think most are agreed was going to be the case anyway) but it also allows you to field a 4th WR if you prefer his match up to your #3 RB or #2 TE. Hence giving more flexibility.

ubeep    257

Thing is you will have the best player available in your flex positions. For some that might be a WR for others it will be a RB and for others it will be a TE. As Stuey points out, the numbers in the league will mean not many of us will have 3 starting quality RB's but quite a few of us will have 3 starting WR's as most NFL teams now have 3 starting WR's plus a large number of returners are WR's so it is fair to assume that if you had 2 flex positions more often than not at least 1 would be a WR because that will be the best player on your roster (in terms of potential fantasy points NOT NFL stature)

Now if you already have 3 WR's in your starting lineup and have 1 flex position it is far less likely that your best available player is ANOTHER WR because like you say there aren't that many so you will then be looking more at a 3rd RB or 2nd TE.

I'm personally with Murghbatwar in that one big thing about a league like this is you can't ONLY rely on the big name players. There just aren't enough. You need to look long term carry 1 or 2 players for a year or 2 and hope they come good down the line. For me personally my biggest challenge each year will be draft prospects. I don't watch the college game, I only know what nfl.com tells me about prospects so I will need to do more research moving forward

StueyH111    1,445

Wouldn't you be more likely to use a 3rd running back in the flex position rather than a WR....

I see the logic mate, but in my experience in a 16 team league, your #3 WR is likely to score more points than your #3 RB.

Dangerdavo85    23

Sorry I've been am busy with work ! I'll log in later . Think the roster size might be a bit to big for the number of teams in this league .

etloveslsd    48

Regardless of weather you use a 4th WR, 3rd HB or 2nd TE. I feel people will struggle to field starting teams because there just aren't that many players getting touches in the NFL each week.

I agree you will need to know guys who are lower on the depth charts,  and they may well be one for the 2nd or 3rd season, but when you are trying to field a team in year 1 they are useless.

ubeep    257

Regardless of weather you use a 4th WR, 3rd HB or 2nd TE. I feel people will struggle to field starting teams because there just aren't that many players getting touches in the NFL each week.

I agree you will need to know guys who are lower on the depth charts,  and they may well be one for the 2nd or 3rd season, but when you are trying to field a team in year 1 they are useless.

It will be exactly the same for everyone. 

We'll all have some pretty irn bru players year 1 because of the roster size but ultimately as the dynasty develops you will have a solid team, a few decent backups and some young guys you hope come good in a year or 2. I've not done an NFL Fantasy this way before but have done an EPL one and it will balance out over time. The 1st year or 2 are the hardest and often a bit frustrating but it's worth putting the effort in :up:

etloveslsd    48

That is exactly the point I'm making, it will be the same for everyone so why have an useless player starting every week!!! So you are living in the hopes that this is his break out week? I am talking about starting line ups here. (3wrs + 1 flex as opposed to 2wrs and 1 flex)

ubeep    257

That is exactly the point I'm making, it will be the same for everyone so why have an useless player starting every week!!! So you are living in the hopes that this is his break out week? I am talking about starting line ups here. (3wrs + 1 flex as opposed to 2wrs and 1 flex)

I am thinking long term. That last player might be s**t year 1, but year 2 he'll be better, year 3 better still and long term how you judged those young/roster players could be the difference in you winning the Superbowl and £70

etloveslsd    48

I'm talking about the starting line ups each week. I'm saying there aren't enough players playing in the NFL, that stand a chance of actually scoring points each week for 16 people to play 1 QB, 2 HB, 3 WRS, 1 TE and a Flex.

StueyH111    1,445

There's definitely enough. 8 off starters needed each x 16 = 128

128 / 32 NFL Teams = 4

That's 4 players in any offensive position per NFL team. QB, RB, WR or TE. Bearing in mind some teams use at least 2 RB's worthy of points and upto 3 WR's worthy of starting as well as the QB and TE(s) I think there's definitely enough players.

It's making sure we aren't restricting who people can pick with regards of position which is the part which is tricky. I hope the proposal above does that.

We'll see how the vote goes, still a few to vote.

My thoughts summarised:

• 1 flex and 9 man starting roster definitely safer option and will allow teams to cope with injuries far easier than 10 man starting rosters
  • I prefer a 10 man starting roster (if agreed it is possible) as it limits the randomness from Kickers and defences
  • Preferred option as a compromise is the QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, K, DEF, FLEX option 
  • Like 1

HLR Milo    587

Spent half an hour recording and editing a sound clip for my franchise page and all I get is the s**tting stock ESPN theme!!!

• Like 1

StueyH111    1,445

Right - 3 people not voted on the poll.

Please can you 3 vote on the MFL site so I can make a decision on this please:

Not voted:

• MackemJets
  • Swag []_[]
  • Dublin Dinamo

The poll is down the left hand side of the home page on our site.

Thanks

MurghBatwar    371

No problem - was on it last night but didn't access the poll!

• Like 1

HLR Milo    587

Soundclip working :)

StueyH111    1,445

Thanks to everyone for voting in the poll. It was very helpful...............................NOT.  :lol:

It came back an exact 50:50 split between wanting 1 flex or 2 flex positions. Which has actually left me with more questions than answers. We need to decide this once and for all, so I'm going to run a 2nd poll between:

Option 1: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, 1 x Flex, K, DEF (10 MAN LINE-UP)

Option 2: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE 1 x Flex, K, DEF (9 MAN LINE-UP)

From past experience, there are often plenty of WR's that can earn decent points each week, yet getting 2 serviceable RB's or TE's in a roster each week can be an issue. Therefore both options should help solve this issue. Obviously option 1 means you will have to eat into your depth on your roster a bit more than option 2.

A poll will go up shortly to choose between the 2 options. If it's equal again, then I'll chose what we do.

Finally a poll will go up for (I feel like Berty) to decide the prize money. A few suggested they would ideally like more money to the winner & 2nd place rather than a split. I'll take  a look shortly and put a few options together to vote on.

Please keep an eye out and vote promptly and we can hopefully get this wrapped up shortly.

adrian522    154

Can we have a poll to decide how the prize money poll should be worded?

ubeep    257

Thanks to everyone for voting in the poll. It was very helpful...............................NOT.  :lol:

It came back an exact 50:50 split between wanting 1 flex or 2 flex positions. Which has actually left me with more questions than answers. We need to decide this once and for all, so I'm going to run a 2nd poll between:

Option 1: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, 1 x Flex, K, DEF (10 MAN LINE-UP)

Option 2: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE 1 x Flex, K, DEF (9 MAN LINE-UP)

From past experience, there are often plenty of WR's that can earn decent points each week, yet getting 2 serviceable RB's or TE's in a roster each week can be an issue. Therefore both options should help solve this issue. Obviously option 1 means you will have to eat into your depth on your roster a bit more than option 2.

A poll will go up shortly to choose between the 2 options. If it's equal again, then I'll chose what we do.

Finally a poll will go up for (I feel like Berty) to decide the prize money. A few suggested they would ideally like more money to the winner & 2nd place rather than a split. I'll take  a look shortly and put a few options together to vote on.

Please keep an eye out and vote promptly and we can hopefully get this wrapped up shortly.

Looking at this Stuey it would appear that despite the 50:50 split a decision has been made at Commish level to go with 1 Flex position?

StueyH111    1,445

Can we have a poll to decide how the prize money poll should be worded?

Can you elaborate? What are your concerns?

Looking at this Stuey it would appear that despite the 50:50 split a decision has been made at Commish level to go with 1 Flex position?

I suppose the 1 flex has been mate. But the real question behind it all is essentially whether we have 9 or 10 starters. That seems to be the real divide. 

I think it was largely accepted that one of the flex positions was almost certainly going to be a WR in 99% of cases anyway, so the new poll is effectively the same question as before but asking if people feel the ability to play 4 WR's rather than only being able to field 3 (which was previously the case) will change their mind on a 10 man starting line-up.

ubeep    257

I'm all for a 10 man starting line up full stop.

If we're going to have 22 man rosters and let's be honest no more than 2 def or kickers that is 18 offensive players per roster. While season 1 and maybe even 2 might be a stretch to only use half of those players per week is just a waste imo. The thing I like about this dynasty is the potential that those lesser players you've sat on for a year will be the difference makers 

adrian522    154

Can you elaborate? What are your concerns?

I just feel we haven't had enough polls. :lmao1:

• Like 1

StueyH111    1,445

Ahhh. You twit. I wasn't sure whether you were joking or not.  :lol:

• Like 1

HLR Milo    587

We using Paypal to get the money to you mate?

MurghBatwar    371

I think we urgently need a poll about whether we need any more bloody polls.

StueyH111    1,445

d8de2dece3717d17af466536fb714c5e1667e6df

StueyH111    1,445

Imagine stuey and berty in a coalition government. There would be a referendum about something every day

Ha ha. I'm actually more of an autocratic leader usually but when other peoples money is concerned I feel I need to go through the processes.

I'm very much of the opinion you ask 32 people for an opinion, you get 32 different opinions which helps nobody..... The results of the 1st poll and the way the 2nd poll is going suggest maybe I should have just said 'this is how we're doing it'.  :lol:

StueyH111    1,445

Still need 8 to vote for cash pay out:

• Double D's
  • MackemJets
  • Swag []_[]
  • 4thandforever
  • Ubeeps Unicorns
  • Greatest Show on Turf
  • Danepack
  • Dublin Dinamo

And 4 to vote on rosters:

• Double D's
  • MackemJets
  • Swag []_[]
  • Greatest Show on Turf

Please do so ASAP.

adrian522    154

Just voted in the prize money poll, that one is dead even as well.

StueyH111    1,445

Good work on this lads. Checked in this morning and nearly all done on both votes.

Just need Ultra and MackemJet to vote now on the prize money poll.