StueyH111

MaddenPFL Dynasty League on MFL

StueyH111    1,445

Just trying to do the fixtures as we speak. Harder than I thought it would be. ha ha.

StueyH111    1,445

Anyone got any ideas for Division names? Div 1, Div 2 etc seems a bit boring.

We obviously need a theme. For example, Greek Gods, Types of Car, Brands of Beer, Colours (just a few examples).

Best idea wins!!

Get suggesting if you can think of something for the 4 divisions.

ubeep    257

What's the prize? No 1 pick?

ubeep    257

The immediate things that spring to mind are 

DC Comic characters/ Superheroes

England Football Captains

Personally I'd like us to keep it more themed to us though so 

HoF Quarterbacks/Receivers whatever

or better still Madden cover athletes :) 

StueyH111    1,445

Good work Phil. All good suggestions. Keep them coming guys if you have any alternatives.

The immediate things that spring to mind are 

DC Comic characters/ Superheroes

England Football Captains

Personally I'd like us to keep it more themed to us though so 

HoF Quarterbacks/Receivers whatever

or better still Madden cover athletes :)

You may have guessed but I've had a slow day at work and decided to put some time into getting the league set up. 

• Divisions are now drawn
  • Schedules for the season have been formulated
  • Draft order has been randomised

I have also been updating the message board accordingly on site and you will need to keep your eye on it regularly.

You should all have a box down the left hand side which says '10 Newest Message Board Topics'. It is under the 'Recent Draft Pick' box down the left hand side of the screen. If you do not have it, I would suggest you customise your page to have it visible. Let me know if you need help with this.

Also, it would be worth setting what you get notification e mails for.

You are able to do this under MY TEAM > FRANCHISE SETUP > CONTACT INFO > You will then see a load of tick boxes at the bottom.

Here is what I have ticked in case you wanted to copy:

• Draft Status Update
  • When I'm on the clock
  • Reminder at 6am Thurs if I haven't set my line up
  • Trade proposals / results
  • When anyone in your league updates their trade bate
  • Waivers / Free Agency moves
  • Weekly Results
  • New poll created
  • New message board topic created

I've put in bold what I feel are the most important notifications worth getting. You can change these settings as you go along if you find notifications for certain things are too much and not helpful. Would recommend having more than less to start with though and cutting them down as and when you do not need them.

ubeep    257

Am I right that we are doing a snake draft? 

If so pick 8 is absolutely plum :up:

:hyper: 

roll on May

StueyH111    1,445

Am I right that we are doing a snake draft? 

If so pick 8 is absolutely plum :up:

:hyper:

roll on May

Yes mate. Snake draft. Personally I prefer being at either end of the draft so you can bag a couple in a row each time it comes around.

So 7th isn't particularly appealing to me.

ubeep    257

In the 2 I did last year i had one where I picked 2nd and one where I picked mid round and i definitely preferred mid round. I agree about getting a couple of guys back to back but the negative is you then have to wait ages until your next pick comes around and it's horrible seeing the guys you want disappear while you're just waiting.

vipRiverman    1,184

Where do i pick, cant access from work

re div names, maddenpfl swearfilter words, i call being in "pookeynoodles div"

will try and think of something a bit more sensible

What about naming the leagues after infamous NFL events or games - Butt Fumble, Holy Roller, Miracle at the Meadowlands, The Immaculate Reception etc etc. Best four suggested could be used for the leagues

StueyH111    1,445

Good suggestions lads. Keep them coming and maybe we'll have a poll to decide the winning theme.

Phil - You pick 6th mate.

StueyH111    1,445

Divisions will stay the same. My plan was really to stay the same forever but if people fancy a change, we have a natural 3 year cycle with the fixtures that would be sensible to keep to and swap after 3 years if people really wanted a change.....

vipRiverman    1,184

and cheers Stu, 6th is ok but will provide a dilemna im sure

Sorry Stu, thought of another couple of things ( ive not done a dynasty before )

I know we wkeep same teams etc but what happens next year re adding players from next years draft, is there a mini draft, do they all become FA's ( if so is it a free for all or does worst record this year get first pick etc )

Are we only paying the winner, or does runner up get something? in say a 75/25 split

beggar, I'm picking at 9th.

Since it is a British league, I think we should name the divsions after the Spice Girls.

Or maybe after Joes four favorite dogs even?

MurghBatwar    371

Anyone able to get on and tell me where I pick?

Anyone able to get on and tell me where I pick?

4th

There were 5 spicegirls tho Polecat

Didn't the red head retire early?

StueyH111    1,445

and cheers Stu, 6th is ok but will provide a dilemna im sure

Sorry Stu, thought of another couple of things ( ive not done a dynasty before )

I know we wkeep same teams etc but what happens next year re adding players from next years draft, is there a mini draft, do they all become FA's ( if so is it a free for all or does worst record this year get first pick etc )

Are we only paying the winner, or does runner up get something? in say a 75/25 split

Woh woh woh.  :lol:

All good questions but bear with me as I they are all covered in the rules which are coming soon.

As for prize money. I have come up with breakdown which I will present and use as my recomendation for prize money, however ultimately we need to come to a majority decision on how it's divided as it's all of our money and not right I tell you guys how it;s going to be divided.

I suggest, I propose my idea. Get initial feedback and suggestions and then we have a vote to decide how it is structured.

• Like 2

ubeep    257

I refuse to play in a division called Ginger, Posh, or Baby. Scary and Sporty would be slightly more acceptable but only when taken out of context.

I mean, really, the bloody spice girls :facepalm:

I refuse to play in a division called Ginger, Posh, or Baby. Scary and Sporty would be slightly more acceptable but only when taken out of context.

I mean, really, the bloody spice girls :facepalm:

Don't be ashamed of your cultural inheritance. It is not like I proposed Take That names or something...

:)

HLR Milo    587

f**king 14th :(

Manning Division

Brady Division

Montana Division

Marino Division

StueyH111    1,445

What about naming the leagues after infamous NFL events or games - Butt Fumble, Holy Roller, Miracle at the Meadowlands, The Immaculate Reception etc etc. Best four suggested could be used for the leagues

Can we add McManus' 91 yard knee to this list?

• Like 1

StueyH111    1,445

Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Episode-151

Ha ha. Classic!!

HLR Milo    587

Scumbag_Kev.jpg

I think Davey drafting a punter 3rd overall in the UKML should be on the list as well.. or maybe we can call the trophy that?

Edited by eminentpolecat7

MurghBatwar    371

John

Paul

George

Ringo

Rhubarb and Custards

Peach drops

Sherbet dib-dabs

Cola cubes

Edited by MurghBatwar

StueyH111    1,445

IMPORTANT

The Rules are now up on the site (scroll right to the bottom for the full written breakdown):

http://football16.myfantasyleague.com/2014/options?L=77608&O=26

Let the questions commence............ :lol:

The first thing we need to vote on is the rosters. I will put a poll up on the site shortly. We need to decide whether we have 1 or 2 FLEX spots.

I was keen on 2, but my worry is with 16 teams, their may not be enough quality starters to warrant having 2 flex spots. In particular, the RB situation will be pretty dire with 16 teams.

• Like 1

MurghBatwar    371

i'm keen on 2 - it'll be more about sneaky stash players you follow the progress of and flyers late on, players signed from other practice squads etc.

Are we men or are we mice?!!

oX ULTRA Xo    254

if your worried about 2 flexes, maybe add qb to the 2nd spot. Will change the complexion of the league and make qbs more valueable as they should be imo

StueyH111    1,445

if your worried about 2 flexes, maybe add qb to the 2nd spot. Will change the complexion of the league and make qbs more valueable as they should be imo

Really don't want to do this mate. Hate 2 QB leagues personally.

Sovoth    579

TBH I'm not au fait enough in general with Fantasy Football, last season was my first real go at it and as such I'm happy enough with any rules Stuey goes with so can't really be offering any suggestions.

Questions on the other hand, I might have a few of those :lol:

• Like 2

StueyH111    1,445

TBH I'm not au fait enough in general with Fantasy Football, last season was my first real go at it and as such I'm happy enough with any rules Stuey goes with so can't really be offering any suggestions.

That's fine mate. Appreciate you saying that. Would rather know that's where you stand than you stay silent and me think it's because you're not interested.

Happy to answer any questions. I want everyone to know what they're doing before the draft and happy to help however I can. Even if it;s just showing you how to do things on site.

ubeep    257

Initially I was thinking 2 flex positions would be too much. After how difficult it was last year to get a 16 man roster competitive I am nervous of the caliber of player that's going to be coming into that role. BUT, having thought about it a bit more, I actually think we should definitely go 2 flex. Firstly, we have 22 man rosters so if we only start 9 that is a lot of dead wood we are all carrying. Secondly, while the first season we might all have a fair bit of trash that should change over time as the young players we draft in years 1 and 2 start to get starts in the NFL. I see the flex positions as where these guys will likely get on my team initially as they prove themselves in the league before edging out more established stars whose performance drops or who I trade out. I think limiting that to just 1 slot might be quite limiting.

On the prize money front I quite like the way it's set out in Stuey's suggestion. Given that it will cost £10 a year to play this way there plenty of opportunity for players to get their next season free while the winner still gets a tidy profit. :up:

That's fine mate. Appreciate you saying that. Would rather know that's where you stand than you stay silent and me think it's because you're not interested.

Happy to answer any questions. I want everyone to know what they're doing before the draft and happy to help however I can. Even if it;s just showing you how to do things on site.

I'm going to be spending a fair amount of time trying to get familiar with the site over the next few weeks. Lets hope it's a quiet time at work :)

• Like 1

Looks very good to me.

I have two questions:

1. What is Make Taxi Squad moves??

2. The league will use the "blind bidding waiver request process". Each franchise will have a total of $200 per year (in fictional money) to use toward bids on available free agents. Minimum bid is set at $0, so if you think you will be the only bidder, save your cash! Any money not used toward picking up free agents will be forfeited the day of the NFL Draft and everyone will be given a fresh $200 to play with following our rookie draft each year.

- I assume we will get 200$ to buy free agents AFTER the initial draft - and if you are a knobhead and spend it all before the season is finished, you will have to do with FAs nobody else want? Even though you have a roster full of injuries?

Anyone used the sign in with Twitter option in the contact bit? What tweets would you receive? (if any...)

StueyH111    1,445

Looks very good to me.

I have two questions:

1. What is Make Taxi Squad moves?? We are not using taxi squads mate so ignore this.

2. The league will use the "blind bidding waiver request process". Each franchise will have a total of $200 per year (in fictional money) to use toward bids on available free agents. Minimum bid is set at $0, so if you think you will be the only bidder, save your cash! Any money not used toward picking up free agents will be forfeited the day of the NFL Draft and everyone will be given a fresh $200 to play with following our rookie draft each year.

Correct - $200 for the year. We will have specific waiver periods where you cannot just pick up Free Agents. You will need to bid on them and the highest bidder is awarded them. You can bid $0 and if nobody else bids on them, you will get them. But once your $200 is gone, you can only bid $0 and hope nobody else bids, so spend wisely throughout the year.

I am currently experimenting with the various waiver date options to see which one will suit us best.

- I assume we will get 200$ to buy free agents AFTER the initial draft - and if you are a knobhead and spend it all before the season is finished, you will have to do with FAs nobody else want? Even though you have a roster full of injuries?

Anyone used the sign in with Twitter option in the contact bit? What tweets would you receive? (if any...) I don't think you receive Tweets mate. I can set up a Twitter deck on the MFL site that shows all the Tweets from league members though. It's not that valuable. 

Ok, I see. The waiver periods have been standard in all leagues I have played in. The new thing is the bidding thing.

I have tried an auction draft one, and I really liked it. Sounds very interesting to apply it to FAs, so looking forward to that.

Edited by eminentpolecat7

HLR Milo    587

2 flex positions please.

For money I say: 70% winner 20% 2nd 10% 3rd.

etloveslsd    48

Firstly, I second BTG's division name suggestion!

On the $200 waiver, will it be done that if you bid $50 you pay $50, or will it be done so you pay $1 higher than the second highest bid (kinda like ebay?) For example I bid $50 on a player and the next highest bid is $30. I then pay $31 for the guy.

My other concern would be the roster size. I know that the idea with the large roster is to aid with stashing players for future season, I just thing there will be too much stashing and very little waiver activity as there will be nobody on it.

I think the prize should be split between the 2 teams in the Superbowl and maybe something for the team with the best regular season record.

StueyH111    1,445

Firstly, I second BTG's division name suggestion!

On the $200 waiver, will it be done that if you bid $50 you pay $50, or will it be done so you pay $1 higher than the second highest bid (kinda like ebay?) For example I bid $50 on a player and the next highest bid is $30. I then pay $31 for the guy.

You pay what you bid. Otherwise people could put silly offers down ensuring they secure the player and have the security that they'd only pay $1 more than the other guy bid.

My other concern would be the roster size. I know that the idea with the large roster is to aid with stashing players for future season, I just thing there will be too much stashing and very little waiver activity as there will be nobody on it.

Concern noted. Although I would argue that this is what a dynasty is about. Building a roster you can use and not relying on FA's each week. In the Dynasty I am in, you're right there is very little FA movement from week to week. It encourages trading which is far more fun in my opinion. If you want these back ups that may become starters you can trade for them and take a gamble on injuries or breakout seasons. It's the beauty of a dynasty for me.

I think the prize should be split between the 2 teams in the Superbowl and maybe something for the team with the best regular season record.

Noted. In every league I'm in there is a split between coaches as to who wants a the prize money heavily weighted towards the top 2 - 3 teams and who prefers a good split and giving the lesser teams something to play for to keep them interested. This will be reflected in the options in the poll when we come to decide.

etloveslsd    48

I see where you are coming from with the bidding but you can also get caught that way. If 2 guys try to be clever and bid a silly amount, the winner pays $1 dollar more than the other silly amount. Was just a suggestion.

I also get the point on the rosters and I agree that is the point of a dynasty. I was in 3 leagues last season (all re-draft), 1 was a small league (10 people) and 2 were 16 man. You could count the total trades on 2 hands. One was the yahoo league, and this league is made up of a lot of the same people. I'm hope you are right and people will trade a bit more.

vipRiverman    1,184

I like 2 flex as you have to consider matchups and potential future performance as we are building a roster long term not just for one season.

Haven't got on site yet as im at work so will comment on prizes later

JA15    253

What he said :lol:  

Ohh #1 pick   pressure                

adrian522    154

Thanks for setting everything up. I voted for 1 flex spot, I think that is the most we should  have, to be honest I'd also be happy enough without any if we had 3 WR starters and 2 RB, 1 TE.

2 Flex positions would be too much I feel. 

ubeep    257

I voted 2 flex, as mentioned above so you actually have a need to use the players down your roster. This is obviously going to be tough in a 16 team league over the first year or 2 but i think that will sort itself over time and it will be the same for is all.

The winnings are an interesting one, personally I'm thinking at the very minimum i expect to be invested in this league for 5,6,7 seasons. It's long term. And i think the only way that changes is if there is a steady turn over of players which imo will kill it. I do not expect that with this group and the way Stuey commished the yahoo league last season. However, if it's going to happen i do think that its possible the reason for dropping out might be the ongoing cash investment year after year if your not winning. Don't get me wrong, i want the winner to be suitably rewarded but the idea of 3 or 4 guys having next season covered by their performance, i think will mean this possibility is all but eliminated.