StueyH111

MaddenPFL Dynasty League on MFL

HLR Milo    587

Logged in

Ye gods that looks complicated ( well for me anyway )

Yeah, but you find shoelaces complicated.

StueyH111    1,445

Will join later tonight!

Ok mate.

Think I may need your email address to send you an invite.

StueyH111    1,445

We now have 16 interested so if you want to be in could you please let me know ASAP and I'll have to draw lots on who takes part of those who were not involved last year or not VIP.

Thanks to those who have declared an interest. I'm hoping this will be a great league and a lot of fun for years to come.

adrian522    154

I'll play anyway if there is space...

ubeep    257

would love to be in Stuey :up:

ubeep    257

:o :o :o :o

:doh:

StueyH111    1,445

Are the guys in bold in the OP from the yahoo league? If so, I should be too. 

So you were mate. Sorry, you were missed as you took over TDavey's team and weren't on my original list. I'll send you a PM about signing up later today.

would love to be in Stuey :up:

Also will send you a PM later Phil.

StueyH111    1,445

Update:

The 3 VIP's have now been offered their places in the league leaving 2 remaining spots and 4 potential players. I will draw names out of a hat from the remaining 4 interested to determine who gets to join the league.

The 2 that are not picked will go down as 1st and 2nd reserve. If someone hasn't paid their fee by the deadline, I will offer the spot to 1st reserve.

Beyond The Game    1,438

Update:

The 3 VIP's have now been offered their places in the league leaving 2 remaining spots and 4 potential players. I will draw names out of a hat from the remaining 4 interested to determine who gets to join the league.

The 2 that are not picked will go down as 1st and 2nd reserve. If someone hasn't paid their fee by the deadline, I will offer the spot to 1st reserve.

I didn't see an invite for me?

StueyH111    1,445

I didn't see an invite for me?

Your profile says you're not a VIP?

HLR Milo    587

#Cheapskate 

Beyond The Game    1,438

Your profile says you're not a VIP?

Guess it might have something with me being a staff writer...

StueyH111    1,445

Guess it might have something with me being a staff writer...

If you are staff writer the VIP should show as your secondary group on your profile which it doesn't.

Not saying your not VIP but if you are whoever made you a staff writer hasn't edited your profile correctly.

ubeep    257

So you were mate. Sorry, you were missed as you took over TDavey's team and weren't on my original list. I'll send you a PM about signing up later today.

Also will send you a PM later Phil.

Have had a brief look around the site and I have to say it all looks pretty straight forward. Looking forward to this, I think it could be good fun :up:

StueyH111    1,445

Right. 15 of the 16 places were taken by players who played last year or a VIP's leaving only one spot left for those outside of that criteria. 3 people were interested in that 1 spot and I have done a quick draw out of the hat scenario from the 3 to determine who is offered first refusal in the league and the winner was.....................................:

ULTRA

Sorry to Carlos and Matt who were the 2 players who we didn't have room for. If it's ok with you guys and you are still interested, I will keep you as 1st & 2nd reserves for the league as there may be someone who drops out or who doesn't pay their fee on time in which case I will offer it to the reserves.

I did consider increasing the league to 18 players to get everyone in, but I've been in leagues with too many teams before and it just turns into a competition of who actually has the most starters on their roster more than anything and a few key injuries can kill players teams, therefore it was a tough decision to stay with 16 teams as originally planned.

To League Members

My next task is to type up some rules and procedures that we will play to. I want to get this done asap to keep momentum going with this, although there is no hurry as I don't want to do the start up draft until after the NFL Draft which begins on the 8th May. 

The scoring is very much set though and can be viewed on the league web-site: http://www16.myfantasyleague.com/2014/home/77608#0

Therefore everyone has a couple of months to do some research and get their draft boards in order ready for our draft which will take place mid-May. It will be an offline draft and each player will get 24 hours to make their pick. Having done several of these before, the draft will take anywhere from 10 days to 20 days depending on how quickly people make their pick.

If anyone is away Mid May it is worth letting me know asap so I can try and work around that.

For now, could everyone get signed up and change their team names and create logo's for your teams. It's also worth saving the link to the league web-site as one of your favorite web-pages for easy access. The beauty of a Dynasty League (when we get started) is that action should be happening all year round with trades, drafts and Free Agency etc.

Further details on when I need the money by will follow. I will likely pay the league fee soon and then set a deadline of end of April for you to pay your fee or your team will be removed and offered to someone else.

StueyH111    1,445

Stuey i am away from 12-18 may

Thanks Phil.

HLR Milo    587

Can't wait #BradyBunch4Life

mattm_49    228

No qualms with that I'd like to be a reserve and good luck to everyone involved :up:

Sovoth    579

When I clicked on Stuey's team I didn't expect to see a fella holding a load of pork pies! :lol:

StueyH111    1,445

When I clicked on Stuey's team I didn't expect to see a fella holding a load of pork pies! :lol:

:lol: That's not me by the way!!

adrian522    154

Balls,website is blocked in work :(

StueyH111    1,445

Ultra just asked a very sensible question in the chat box about draft order.

Just to confirm, the divisions will be drawn out the hat by me in the next few weeks. This will be done pre-draft and pre the draft order being decided.

The draft order will be randomised also, therefore the order you see currently will change also.

oX ULTRA Xo    254

Quick few ideas-

can we do points per yard instead of 10 yards like .1 per yard. Can decide games at times

also if it is ppr can it be only if it is for positive yards

also can there be flex positions

StueyH111    1,445

Quick few ideas-

can we do points per yard instead of 10 yards like .1 per yard. Can decide games at times

also if it is ppr can it be only if it is for positive yards

also can there be flex positions

Thanks for suggestions mate.

The points per yard I have already had to do to get decimal scoring.

There will be flex positions. Currently 2 but this may change to 1 depending on testing. I want to see the strength of teams first before setting this and the roster sizes.

The points only for positive yardage is an interesting idea. Not come across it before and can see positives and negatives to it. I'll check it can actually be done before considering further.

It's only a 0.5 ppr league rather than the full 1pt ppr though so don't deceit being a huge factor either way.

oX ULTRA Xo    254

with the roster thing people might draft positions based on starting requirement ,on the ppr thing think it can be done seen afew leagues bring it in seems a good idea. Stops players getting points for losing a yard on a checkdown and gaining points

StueyH111    1,445

with the roster thing people might draft positions based on starting requirement ,

Yep, agree. If it wasn't clear, all this will be resolved well before the draft so people know what they are drafting for. I'm going to do some testing in the next couple of weeks and get all the rules etc ironed it.

StueyH111    1,445

Rules have nearly been completed. Just need finalising this week and I will post on site.

After which, I will be drawing the leagues out of a hat (intending to do this on Friday for anyone who's interested). After which I will also do a random draft order. There is a site that does this and e mails the results to everyone to show no foul play.

Then we will be very much set for doing our research and preparing our draft boards for a May draft.

• Like 1

StueyH111    1,445

All sounds good Stu :up:

A draft commencing mon may 19th????

Think you're back on the 20th aren't you? So may start on the 20th.

StueyH111    1,445

Ok, great. Sounds like a plan then.

May even start it the Sunday night to get through a few picks. It will be a 24 hour pick limit per pick.

StueyH111    1,445

plus you can put up a list before your pick and it will pick the highest on it if anyone is away

You can indeed. Good point.  :up:

ubeep    257

Think you're back on the 20th aren't you? So may start on the 20th.

The Bank holiday weekend 23-26th is my wedding anniversary and i will be away. I might be able to get online periodically over the weekend so with a 24 hour pick time i don't see it causing any issues but thought i'd let you all know just in case 

StueyH111    1,445

The Bank holiday weekend 23-26th is my wedding anniversary and i will be away. I might be able to get online periodically over the weekend so with a 24 hour pick time i don't see it causing any issues but thought i'd let you all know just in case 

Thanks mate. 

I think the way it is set up, even if people are away for a period of time, they should be able to cope with the facilities on offer. When I did my draft I think I was making about 2 picks a day (3 if lucky). There are e mail notifications when it's your pick and you can set a list of players in order to take if you know you wont be on for ages.

Also the site is relatively mobile friendly so anyone with a smart phone should be able to do it all via their phone. 

Only way I could see someone having an issue is if they were abroad on holiday.

StueyH111    1,445

It may be mobile phone friendly, but is the site "phil friendly" as technology baffles the crap out of me

Not sure my daughters V-Tech merry-go-round is 'Phil Friendly' to be honest mate. We'll have to live with that though.  :lol:

vipRiverman    1,184

:lol:

thats probably true, i still struggle with kiddies things of putting the correct shape in the correct shaped hole!!

Sure i'll be fine, esp if can set a list but wouldnt fancy my chances of working it from my phone

StueyH111    1,445

Right, I did the draw for the divisions last night and have just edited the league to show the new divisions.

Go take a look see who your divisional rivals will be for the coming years!!

http://www16.myfantasyleague.com/2014/home/77608#0

Schedules may change as I want everyone to play the 3 teams in their div x 2 a season as well as being paired with another division playing all 4 teams. Then playing the teams that finished the position as them in the other 3 leagues (ie 3rd plays 3rd etc). It may take some tweaking with the schedules which I am working on.

ubeep    257

I actually cannot wait for this to start now Stuey.