StueyH111

MaddenPFL Dynasty League on MFL

StueyH111    1,445

Madden PFL Dynasty League Start Up

It has been my intention to start my very own Dynasty Fantasy League for members of this site for a few years now. I am thinking that this year is finally the year I am going to start it. I currently play in a very successful Dynasty League going into it's 3rd year. It's incredibly well ran and barring a few minor changes I will be using a lot of the same settings and rules as that league - as I know it works.

Aim of this Dynasty League

To get circa 16 coaches (I don't want any more than 16) who are ACTIVE Fantasy players together to play in a long term fantasy league. Keeping the same roster from year to year and building via the draft and trades. 

This is NOT your normal re-draft league where you pick a new team each year. This league is set up with the purpose of you being the owner for the long term (many, many years hopefully). If your team sucks, it could quite possibly take you several years to make it better and anyone joining the league needs to be prepared to give it that much commitment and attention. Likewise if your team sucks, just forgetting about it and not doing anything about it isn't going to make it better either so hence the need for ACTIVE coaches.

I know in previous leagues I've let coaches playing players in bye weeks etc slide. This will not be the case in this league. There will be strict rules on how often you need to log on to the site let alone picking your team each week.

The success of the league in the long term will depend on the activity of its coaches and these leagues can be very hard to get off the ground if you don't lay down the law early on.

Who Can Join?

I've ran a reasonably successful Yahoo league on site the last two years and over the two years we seem to have filtered out those who are not as active as I'd like. Therefore anyone who was in that league last year who has been active (I will check my records) will get first refusal in this league. 

Players who were not in that league are invited to stick your name down if you wish to join as I'm sure there will be spaces as this league wont be for everyone. Priority will be given to those who are VIP's on the site after those who have been in my league last year. If any spaces remain after that, I will open it up to general site members.

Please have a serious think about this before just putting your name down though. You don't need to have been doing Fantasy Football for years to be in the league, you just need to enjoy it and put the sort of time and effort in to it that makes it more enjoyable for everyone involved.

I'm sure we've all been in leagues where you have trade proposals waiting a response for so long that you just cancel the trade because you can't be bothered to wait any longer. Or where half the league have weakened teams playing because they haven't bothered to check it in 2 weeks and have players on bye weeks and with injuries. To me they're pointless leagues.

No bones with anyone who wants to be in those types of leagues, but if you're that type of coach, then this league is NOT for you.

Scoring Summary:

Basic summary for now:

0.5 pt PPR League with 6 pts for TD's

TD's - All 6 Points

PPR - 0.5pts PPR

Usual 1 pt for 10 Rushing Yards

Usual 1 pt for 25 Passing Yards

KO and Punt Return yardage - 1 Pt for 25 Ret yards

KO or Punt Return TD - 6 points

Rosters Sizes:

Will be somewhere in the region of 20 - 24 (Need to have a test and see what is viable with 16 teams). So far more than your usual 15 man roster in re-draft fantasy teams. Allowing you to stash younger up and coming players for future years.

Starting Line-Up:

1 x QB

2 x RB

2 x WR

1 x TE

1 x PK

1 x DEF

2 x Flex (RB / WR / TE) - Maximum of 3 players in starting lineup at any one position though. (So cannot start 4 RB's or 4x WR's)

Total 10 man starting line-up.

Cost:

Is TBC. But there will be a small cost as the site I am using (http://www.myfantasyleague.com/) has a circa £40 cost per season. I think I will set the cost around £10 per team per year  and all remaining money will be issued as prize money.

The league will NEVER become a big money league, so you do not need to worry about it costing £20 - £50 per year in the future.

The money aspect is important though as:

1) There is a cost to the league

2) A small fee per year helps filter out coaches who aren't bothered

3) It's nice to reward the winner with something

Please be sure that you will be happy to pay the fee each year before signing up as I will have to remove coaches who do not pay their fee as it will likely leave me out of pocket.

Finally:

The league doesn't need to be paid for until June (I think) so there is no hurry to get this going just yet. The easiest thing to do would be to have the start up draft after the NFL Draft.

I just want to get an idea of numbers for now. The league is set-up (very basically at the moment) but if you are CERTAIN you want in and I can guarantee you a place based on the criteria above, then I can start sending out invites so people can get used to the site.

Once again. Please take a serious think about whether you have the time, patience and love of fantasy football before declaring your interest in this league.

Thanks

Stueyh111

Interested in playing so far:

1. Stueyh111
  2. HLR Milo
  3. Riverman
  4. Sovoth
  5. DangerDavo85
  6. MurghBatwar
  7. MackemJet
  8. Adrian522
  9. JA15
  10. etloveslsd
  11. ubeep
  12. ZoSo (VIP)
  13. EminentPolecat07 (VIP)
  14. RamsDan (VIP)
  15. BTG
  16. mattym_49
  17. oX Ultra Xo
  18. Carlos2478

vipThePacFish    1,171

I'd be in on NFL.com

Joe    2,232

I'd be in on NFL.com

+1

Cost is fine and a good idea, but pure laziness suggests I only want to use one fantasy site

HLR Milo    587

In please. Have wanted to join a dynasty league for a couple years now.

ZoSo    708

Would be interested in this Stuey

Beyond The Game    1,438

If space was to come available I would be up for this.

StueyH111    1,445

I'd be in on NFL.com

+1

Cost is fine and a good idea, but pure laziness suggests I only want to use one fantasy site

It's for the same reason that I'm afraid it wont be on NFL.com. I'm tied into leagues on Yahoo and MFL and want to keep my flicking between sites to a minimum.

• Like 1

StueyH111    1,445

In please. Have wanted to join a dynasty league for a couple years now.

Would be interested in this Stuey

Interested very much, especially if prize money

Love the idea of keeping the same team and building it

If space was to come available I would be up for this.

Nice one lads!!  :up:

I'll leave this up for a while to gather some interest then everyone interested will get a PM from me in due course. Those who were in last years and meet the test of being 'active' may get an invite soon to sign up so they can get a feel for the site and lay-out.

vipRamsDan    1,609

Interested :up:

I won the Nfl.com one ubeep ran last year so would this class as active? :lol:

StueyH111    1,445

Interested :up:

I won the Nfl.com one ubeep ran last year so would this class as active? :lol:

Nice credentials!! I'll add you to the list. I'm certain there'll be places for those who weren't in my league last year.

mattm_49    228

Wasn't in the Yahoo league but I'd definitely be up for this, played in separate fantasy leagues for a while now :up:

StueyH111    1,445

I thought you ran the yahoo one. excellently , I've been itching for a dynasty league , so I'd love to join !

Dave

Thanks Dave. Glad to have you on board. I know you like your fantasy football.

Will add all recent players interested to the list when I get on my laptop.

StueyH111    1,445

in , will have watch the rules so many options on the site its great

You played on MFL before mate?

oX ULTRA Xo    254

yea been in one for 5 or so years. The rules can be complex and I find we are constantly having votes each year to improve the rules. Ill give you a link to the rules in it they seem to work well. Biggest change was it originally was worst-first draft picks but we changed it to last-4th last bracket would playoffs for first-4th pick, 5th last -9th last for 5-th ninth pick. Reasoning was people would stop setting lineups or dodgy lineups when they were conveniently out of playoff contention 

vipThePacFish    1,171

My preference for nfl.com has nothing to do with wanting all my leagues in one place. Usually in a couple on each site. Just really don't like the layout of Yahoo. Always seems really clunky to me.

StueyH111    1,445

My preference for nfl.com has nothing to do with wanting all my leagues in one place. Usually in a couple on each site. Just really don't like the layout of Yahoo. Always seems really clunky to me.

It's on My Fantasy League mate. http://www.myfantasyleague.com/

vipThePacFish    1,171

It's on My Fantasy League mate. http://www.myfantasyleague.com/

Yeah I was commented with reference to the Yahoo league the other year. Confusing myself :lol:

MFL looks decent to me. But not to the extent I'd want some of my payment going to it. You can draft on there then take your league elsewhere. Or could use a free site like FleaFlicker which offers the same.

vipThePacFish    1,171

Personally would rather have the full fee going into prize money. Theres numerous sites you can use which are free. 

HLR Milo    587

The site looks quality to be fair, no ads and as smooth as butter.

• Like 1

oX ULTRA Xo    254

Think one of the reasons we use it aswell is if your playing dynasty its a year round thing, yahoo etc close their site in the offseason mfl does not and it has load of updates. Not sure if with yahoo etc you can have a day timer so each person has 24 hours to pick their player. Makes the draft a lot easier. it also keeps history of every matchup from years ago and top scores ever etc. Imo its the perfect site for a dynasty the others are more geared towards a season league. The commissioner has much less work to do on it because it easy enough to set up and the support is very good our commsh says

• Like 1

HLR Milo    587

Guys, some of you want NFL.com, some of you want Yahoo, some of you want other sites. But being a commissioner is a tough thing to do, especially when he stakes are raised in a money league. Now if Stueyh wants this site then I'm for it. 

StueyH111    1,445

Yeah, respect everyone's opinions but the site we are using is MFL.

If people aren't comfortable using a paid for site then that's fine and totally respect that. I was skeptical when I first started playing on there too. But in my opinion you get what you pay for and the site is best suited to do a Dynasty League, and as mentioned earlier it is easier for me to use this site.

Don't really want to turn this thread into a debate on which site is best. Happy to start another and contribute in that thread if people wish.

Just looking to gauge interest in this thread. At present, it looks quite good. League will go ahead with a min of 12 or a maximum of 16. 

vipThePacFish    1,171

Was just offering an opinion. Fleaflicker is an example. Is free and has fully customisable dynasty league formats with an easy to draft interface where you can just let the clock run. Essentially it's MFL without the fee.

Will bow out now. Good luck fellas :up:

Edited by PacFish The

MurghBatwar    371

I agree about the commish's decision as it is tough work. Fleaflicker is a very good option that if have a gander at first. I'm in a longstanding league on it and is extremely customisable and easy.

Can't wait.

StueyH111    1,445

I agree about the commish's decision as it is tough work. Fleaflicker is a very good option that if have a gander at first. I'm in a longstanding league on it and is extremely customisable and easy.

Can't wait.

You have a PM waiting mate.

StueyH111    1,445

Good Stuff Mackem.

Im interested :up:

Deadline for Last Years Members to Register interest: Sunday 2nd March

I will give last years players until Sunday the chance to sign up and guarantee their space before I go to those who were not playing last year and have expressed an interest.

StueyH111    1,445

Stick me down for this Stuey

You're on the interested list mate.

StueyH111    1,445

I'm interested.

Is this replacing the yahoo league?

I will not be running the Yahoo League this year no. I'm sure there will be several other re-draft leagues running nearer the season start though. I wouldn't call this a replacement league though as this is a dynasty league and therefore something we want to try and run for 10+ years, so very different to a re-draft league.

If that's what you are looking for then happy to put you on the list?

I'll be happy to join.

i have been playing in a dynasty on ESPN with IDPs for 7 or 8 years, and I must say their platform has been excellent for the last couple of years. Anyways, wouldn't mind giving Yahoo a try.

adrian522    154

I'm probably in for this. My only concern is the site being used. I admit to not having looked at it yet but to be honest there are so many free sites out there that are perfectly fine I'm not sure I see the logic of using a pay site.

Anyway I'm fine with £10 entry but as some have mentioned above would it not be better to keep all the entry for prize money? 

I'd like to add my name to the list anyway!

StueyH111    1,445

I'll be happy to join.

i have been playing in a dynasty on ESPN with IDPs for 7 or 8 years, and I must say their platform has been excellent for the last couple of years. Anyways, wouldn't mind giving Yahoo a try.

This will be on myfantasyleague.com mate.

Read the original post and if you are still interested, let me know and I will add you to the list.

HLR Milo    587

Guys Stueyh has made a decision on the site can we stop flogging this dead horse.

etloveslsd    48

I will not be running the Yahoo League this year no. I'm sure there will be several other re-draft leagues running nearer the season start though. I wouldn't call this a replacement league though as this is a dynasty league and therefore something we want to try and run for 10+ years, so very different to a re-draft league.

If that's what you are looking for then happy to put you on the list?

Yeah please put me on the list.

This will be on myfantasyleague.com mate.

Read the original post and if you are still interested, let me know and I will add you to the list.

Oh, I thought mfl was a subsite of Yahoo... My point is I don't really mind what platform is chosen, I would like to join. Sorry if that came out wrong..

Edited by eminentpolecat7

StueyH111    1,445

Is it going to be an auction or snake?

Snake draft mate.

• Like 1

xelnino9x    135

Just so Stuey knows so he can give my spot to someone else, I will be opting out of this as I am already in one cash dynasty league so will be sticking to that one :up:

StueyH111    1,445

Logged in

Ye gods that looks complicated ( well for me anyway )

Takes a bit of getting used to the format mate. You've got plenty of time to have a play around with things and get used to it.

Just let me know if you have any questions though.