Week 3 Results
Texans (Mister Rourke) 17-22 Lions (ShatnersBassoon)
Jaguars (TottenhamDan) 28-14 Colts (Kirchoffs)
Titans (Goonertaff) 27-21 Vikings (Keanoo)
Buccaneers (Trimmer) 17-24 Saints (Riverman)
Redskins (PerrinV2) 13-38 Steelers (JA15)
Panthers (CherriesFan) 23-38 Falcons (OX ULTRA XO)
Bengals (P4ddy31) 10-13 Ravens (MurghBatwar)
49ers (Sovoth) 28-9 Jets (SparkyR008)
Broncos (Joe) 27-21 Chargers (PatsUK)
Rams (RamsDan) 52-14 Cardinals (Zoso)
Bills (Winti) 14-17 Browns (ThePacFish)
Bears (Useless skipping twit Buncey) 24-22 Cowboys (BTG)
Giants (McManus) 19-24 Packers (Dr Volki)
Chiefs (CPU) 21-38 Raiders (TJCallingham)
Patriots (Kingjimi84) 28-42 Dolphins (Rayski)
Seahawks (Helimachopter) 20-34 Eagles (DanMcGrath77)
Week 3 Reports
(Beyond the Game) 22 - 24 (Buncey)
Only one team would leave the AT&T stadium with their perfect record intact as week 3 saw two of the league’s pace setting teams go head to head.
After the Cowboys traded up in the season before last’s draft, 2nd year QB Jake Taylor has settled in well at the helm of a potent Dallas offense and with the ‘boys D giving up just 10 points so far Coach Buncey was going to have pull something special out of his bag of tricks. Having made some big signings of his own this offseason, Mario Williams has proved a force in the Bears front 7 with free agency acquisitions Alfred Morris pounding the rock and Vernon Davis adding a much needed dimension to the Bears passing game.
Neither team was able to grasp control of the game in the opening exchanges as punts were exchanged but the game started to warm up in the second quarter as QB Taylor hit Mike "Show me the Speed" Wallace only for him to take a big hit from rookie safety Vereen and cough up the ball which was recovered by the Bears.
The Cowboys defence showed their mettle and held the Bears to a three pointer and Dallas drove the ensuing kick-off to within field goal range to take the game to half time.
In the third quarter, a measured Bears saw Vernon Davis justifying his massive contract with several key receptions before a play action found former Cowboy Dez Bryant a the back of the end zone. With the pressure on, Jake Taylor threw his first pick of the season to rookie FS Vereen who added to his forced fumble by returning it for the score to give the bears an 11 point lead. The Cowboys drove again but were held to a field goal by a resilient Bears D. The Bears offence stuttered on their next possession as the Morris/Spiller combo was held in check until a game changing play on 3rd and long when Spiller somehow evaded the Dallas D behind the line of scrimmage, kept his feet and dashed for an 80 yard score.
With the Cowboys offence unable to get things going a precision punt pinned the Bears inside their 5 and the pressure told as an attempted pass to Dez Bryant on a slant was picked and taken into the end zone to give the Cowboys hope. Their D stepped up and forced a Bears punt and with less than 2 minutes left Jake Taylor channelled the spirit of Troy Aikman and moved the Cowboys down the field with ease culminating in a 25 yard score to Terrence Williams. The two point conversion attempt failed as did the following onside kick and the Bears ran out the clock.
(Sovoth) 28-9 (Sparky)
The elements had a key role to play as the winless 49ers mooched into a rain-lashed Metlife Stadium to take on the Jets, another of the league's unbeaten teams. The score somewhat flatters the 49ers and they contrived to lose the game with 6 turnovers but the Jets were unable to capitalise against a fired up 49ers defence which held the Jets running game to just 8 yards and harassed Noah Ray all day putting him to the mud 4 times and limiting him to a 32% completion rate.
The 49ers had their D to thanks for only being down by 9 as their offence rode their luck to overcome their turnover troubles as they took to the air for all their scores, with Kaepernick finishing with 235 yards on the day.
- We see a returning coach to the Xpress this week as Shmarky returns in place of the missing Gooner. He takes over the 1-2 Titans who amusingly somehow managed to beat Keanoos Vikings this week in a CPU game
- The Broncos won a big AFC West game this week as Emmanuel Sanders scored a huge OT TD. Picking up the ball on a simple in route he evaded 2 linebackers and split the pair of safetys to race 8- yards for the game winning score and break PatsUKs heart, sorry man!
- A veteran rivalry was renewed this week in the NFC West as RamsDan and Zoso met. The Rams came out easy winners, thanks in no part to their 450+ yards of offence, anchored by Zac Stacy who picked up a 175 yard chunk of it and added 3 TDs on top
- Another big game came in the NFC where Bunceys Bears managed to take down BTGs Cowboys despite putting together only half as many yards. It was big play ahoy for CJ Spiller who had 100 rushing yards from 3 carries with a TD
- A shock was had in Green Bay where Volki somehow came out on top of McManus's Giants. The huge free agency acquisition of Nick Foles immediately comes under question as he threw 4 INTs on the day which cost them the game. Kudos to Odell Beckham-Junior though, who hauled in 10 catches for 111 yards!
- - 2nd year coach KingJimi is of course hoping to replicate his success from season 2 where he reached the AFC conference game, but he went down this week to division mate Rayski by a score of 42-28. Ryan Tannehill managed a perfect 158.3 rating with 252 yards and 3 TDs while Kenjon Barner hit 200 yards rushing as the fins completely dominated
- - A week after beating Joes Broncos, Rourke managed to go out and lose to Shatners' Lions. With just 5 rushing yards he struggled on the ground, and Shatners made him pay with Matt Stafford having himself a good day with 212 yards, 1 TD and an INT while Logan Evans threw 4 INTs for the Texans
- Week 4 sees the return of the disgraced OXEVOXO following #PlaybookGate. All eyes will surely be on the book selection screen as he starts each game this season!
Players Of The Week
AFC Offensive Player Of The Week – Kenjon Barner HB, Dolphins, 9 carries for 200 yards, 3 TDs and 3 receptions for 22 yards and 1 TD
AFC Defensive Player Of The Week – Reggie Nelson FS, Bengals, 12 tackles, 2 INTs
NFC Offensive Player Of The Week – Julio Jones WR, Falcons, 8 receptions for 194 yards and 3 TDs
NFC Defensive Player Of The Week – Everett Vereen SS, 5 tackles, 1 INT, 1 FF, 1 TD
To return from Week 4 onwards
Road to the Playoffs
To return from Week 9
Week 4 ixtures
Cardinals (Zoso) @ Buccaneers (Trimmer)
Eagles (DanMcGrath77) @ Bears (Useless skipping twit Buncey)
Bills (Winti) @ Steelers (JA15)
Packers (Dr Volki) @ Cowboys (BTG)
Jets (SparkyR008) @ Dolphins (Rayski)
Vikings (Keanoo) @ Lions (ShatnersBassoon)
Bengals (P4ddy31) @ Redskins (PerrinV2)
Falcons (OX ULTRA XO) @ Broncos (Joe)
Raiders (TJCallingham) @ Texans (Mister Rourke)
Colts (Kirchoffs) @ Titans (Shmarky)
Chiefs (OXEVOXO) @ Panthers (CherriesFan)
Patriots (Kingjimi84) @ Jaguars (TottenhamDan)
49ers (Sovoth) @ Giants (McManus)
Ravens (MurghBatwar) @ Browns (ThePacFish)