Week 3 Results
(Dan McGrath) 27-17 (Perrin)
Perrin must be getting sick of getting highlighted every week for the wrong reasons. But there is nothing better than poking fun at paddy not to mention a former Xpress superbowl winner too. The Redskins started with a huge 75 yard TD run from Helu but thats where the offence was halted with Thad Lewis unable to do much in replacement duty.
Dan went back to old trusty shady who was able to run the Skins ragged with outside runs finishing with 130 yards and 2 TDs. This could be one of the bigger upsets we have seen in a while in the Xpress but with the cutting of Thad Lewis following the game Perrin will be hoping he could ressurect his season 4 games in. For Dan this is going to put him into a place to make a run for the NFC East crown.
(Keanoo) 30-24 (Volki)
For those on twitch they got to see a thriller on Volki's channel and it was a fantastic game to watch as these two NFC North foes went toe to toe where the game stretched into OT.
In a bit of a turnaround it wasn't Volki throwing the picks but Keanoo throwing 3 INTs. The biggest play though would come in the 2nd half with a 3rd and long Keannoo would go to Rudolph the red nose reindeer who would take it 96 yards for the big TD to tie things up. Then Peterson hit Volki with a stick and took it 86 yards for a TD to give them a big lead with minutes left in the 4th quarter.
But the clutch ability of Rodgers would get activated and go bang bang bang all the way down the field to tie things up and take it to OT. The Vikes would win the toss and go all the way down the field and find Jennings who would get the game winner. A truly epic game and thanks to Volki for streaming it. If you haven't subscribed to his channel it is really worth watching and you get to see some games like this which makes it really enjoyable.
(RamsDan) 23-17 (Sovoth)
The bully of the NFC West was back to his tricks this week; however he was made to work for his win this week. Bradford was trying to rival Cousins as the most sacked QB in a game but fell short getting put on his backside by a fierce niners pass rush who pulled in 8 sacks. The 49ers defence must have been given a hard time over the last week by Sovoth as they really turned up keeping Stacey quiet as well.
But despite all the great defence and being 0-17 up at half Dan turned things around thanks to Kaperpick doing what he does best throwing picks and also some important fumbles. With Dans recent performance he will be hoping he can go that one step further. Whilst if Sovoth can keep things ticking like this he could definately be contending by the end of the season for a wildcard spot.
- Ultra would be extra thankful of his defence as they showed some resliance to stop Phil in the redzone at a critical moment to excape with 17-10. Letting the Falcons take the lead in the division.
- Lynch + Gronk = Unstoppable combining for nearly 300 yards of offence and 3 TDs were enough to overcome Case Keenum who could be the best waivers pickup of the season who threw 3 TDs in a 30-24 OT win.
- The pass rushing Giants nearly got another shock in Miami but fell short despite a gutsy performance from Cutler who went for over 70%. But Ray and his defensive beast in Bruce Carter was able to get a pick in the redzone to ice the game 27-17.
- Do you like offensive football? Well there was nothing of the sort between Tampa and Houston where these two bored each other to death. But Trimmer in his lycra short shorts was able to escape this 7-0
- Some paddy continued his winning streak to an incredbile 22-0 over the first 2 Xpress seasons. Leading a bounty to be placed on his head to the man who brings him down. Bring him down and you will get an article devoted to you and your greatness. If you fail you will be riducled just like Gooner and his offence which was just as poor as his three point shooting in NBA.
- - Shatners v Rhino - another close game this week that was 2 yards short from a Rhino win who went to throw it to his TE who was open but was tackled 2 yards short!
- - Zozo was able to overcome Paddy in the desert this week with a 20-17 win after sparking a 4th Quarter comeback with 13 unanswered points.
- Oswellier continued to hold off Manning with a terrific performance against the Jets throwing for 2 TDs and over 200 yards and no INTs in the Broncos 38-14 win.
Players Of The Week
AFC Offensive Player Of The Week – Joe Flacco QB, Ravens, 40/48 454 yards 3 TD's
AFC Defensive Player Of The Week – Terrence Knighton DT, Broncos, 6 Tackles, 4 Sacks, 1 Forced fumble
NFC Offensive Player Of The Week – Adrian Peterson HB, Vikings, 23 carries, 219 yards 1 TD
NFC Defensive Player Of The Week – T.McDonald, SS, Rams, 4 Tackles, 1 Sack, 1 Forced Fumble, 1 INT, 1 TD
To return from Week 5 onwards
3 games to watch this week
(Rayski, 1-2) @ (KingJimi, 3-0)
Rayski will be looking for revenge in this one after losing to Jimi 34-14. But the question is how do you stop Lynch and Gronk it is the lethal combo that a lot of Xpress coaches don't know how to stop. To win this game you have to think Bruce Carter has to go back to the form he had last year and stop this lethal Pats attack. For the Pats its all about keeping drives alive something they were able to do quite well last time.
(CherriesFan, 2-1) @ (TottenhamDan 3-0)
TottenhamDan has been lethal in the last 3 weeks winning games putting over 30 points in his first three games and playing some great defences. However this is the first time the Jags will come up against this superior led offence that nearly went undefeated last year. Cam Newton will have to do a lot of the work here today but that Panthers defence has to be on their top game to stop this Jags offence that has been in top gear for the first quarter of the year. Going to be a really good game to watch.
(RamsDan, 3-0) @ (ZoSo , 1-2)
When I saw this game was on this week I couldn't help myself. For those who don't know Dan and ZoSo had some epic matches last year that were nail biters. Dan would get the upperhand for only ZoSo to get back into it and steal the show. I think there is still that rivalary between these two as Dan has been to a few Superbowls and still hasn't been able to bring home to bacon, but Zoo was able to get the job done in his only superbowl apperance. However things have changed Zoo doesn't appear to be the same player he was last season with struggles offensively whilst Dan is bullying the division. But if there is one thing that can be counted on in these matches it is going to be another epic.