Week 2 Results
(BHR) 15-16 (Marty)
We start the week looking at 2 of the Xpress new boys in Marty and BHR both came into this game off tough losses. However this week was all about the defence and Marty and the Vikes showed some great quality here with 3 INTs on Tom Brady. Although BHR was unable to match the turnovers his ability to get stops proved crucial the Vikes only converted 1 3rd down attempt all game.
This game had a rather interesting ending it seemed like Marty would grind out the win but the Pats defence got a great INT then not long after were in for a TD after Marty let the Pats score. Which was a sound decision here as Teddy would contect with Wright on a 68 yard pick up and would get the TD but would fail on the 2 PT conversion. With only a few seconds left BHR would need to drive to get the win and with the breeze aiding them the would most likely be able to get to the 40 and get the FG. But it wasn't to be as the Capt'n would make the INT to seal the game.
BHR would be dissapointed to lose a close one but would be glad he was able to make this one close despite throwing 3 INTs. Whilst Marty looks to keep himself in the hunt of the NFC North with big games to come for both this result could prove costly further down the road.
(Dan McGrath) 21-20 (Kirchsoff)
Who would have thought Dan would be leading the NFC East at the end of Week 2 with a 2-0 record? I don't think there would be many that would guess that and it has all been about a nicely ran offence which has been balanced nicely with Shady and Foles running the offence. Here they were able to rely on their defence as they kept Luck in a lot of trouble all day who only had a QB rating of less than 50. However Nicks proved crucial for the Colts with 8 Receptions but it wasn't enough as McCoy and Cooper would over power this Colts secondary dispite some picks from Davis and Landry.
This was a big win for Dan who has some tough games coming up starting next week against the Skins, whilst Kirchsoff would be relieved the whole AFC South has been struggling and could look to step things up next week with a win against Milo and the Jags.
(Evo) 37-34 (Joe)
Our 3rd game saw two coaches who have been in the Xpress since its inception and what a game was. Evo relied heavily on Charles here and he was able to carry the team to a win dispite Alex Smith throwing his 2 INTs. I think the loss has to sting for Joe here as looking at the stats it looks like this is a game he should have won. With Peyton having a near perfect game of 4 TDs but it was 1 pick six from Tamba Hali which sealed this game away.
I think after this game both coaches will be looking forward to the rematch, which is going to be interesting. Next week Evo faces another tough matchup with Rayski and his undefeated Fins and Joe meets with Rhino who had a bounce back win. This could be one of the new rivalaries we seem to have in each Madden.
- The Ravens are off to a 2-0 start thanks to their offence who play it safe and a defence who just gets stops when needed. It showed in their 13-7 win against the Steelers.
- Rayski continues his demoltion of his AFC East foes with another big win this time against the Bills with some amazing Pocket Presence, which has some comparing him to the man with the best pocket presence on the site 'The Aussie Peyton'. Don't think that is exactly right but it is a nice play. Highlight is below, could be a contender for play of the month.
- Dickie and the Skins got off the mark this week coming from an early defecit of 10-0 to beat Milo and his Jags 35-13 whose offensive line needs help NOW!
- Additionally in the NFC East the Cowboys also got off the mark as their defence battered the Titans injuring Locker and getting a plenthora of sacks, fumbles & INTs there have been rumors that the Cowboys coach paid out bonuses for the Locker injury but this is unfounded.
- Johnny Footballlllll!!! 2-0 this week he actally passed for more than 30 yards but yet again it was the Ben Tate and Cleveland defence which caused Phil more headaches and misery as the Browns ran out 35-6 winners. There is a rumor that Phil is already selling the no 1 pick as well.
- Ultra continues his road back to redeem his title he hasn;t had for over 12 months with a big win against the Bngals 45-13 thanks to Paddy taking coaching lessons from last seasons Bengals user Shatners as Dalton threw 4 INTs.
- -Speaking of Shatners he nearly pulled off the biggest upset of the season just losing to Cherries 18-15 Cherries trade for Mike Williams has proved to be crucial as he pulled in 7 catches and in other news Newton was held to under 10 yards on 5 attempts.
- - BOSH! That was the sound heard after Trimmer would pick off RamsDan 5 TIMES! in the Bucs 28-10 win. Now RamsDan will travel to the US on a "Holiday" when in fact rumor has it which has been made up by myself that he is actually traveling to the USA to recieve some Hypno therpy to get the INTs out of his game so he can finally win a title in the MaddenPFL site. So he can no longer be named the Bridesmaid.
- BOOM! POW! KAPOW! "WHAT THE F**K ARE YOU DOING MARK!!!!" All sounds that were heard this past week from the 49ers Coach Sovoth during his loss against Buncey 28-14 as he destroyed his Xbox One controller by throwing it accross the room and having his wife tell him off. This loss looks to have not only cost Mark his chance to dominate the NFC West but also 45 pounds for a new controller.
Players Of The Week
AFC Offensive Player Of The Week – Ben Tate HB, Browns, 15 carries for 142 yards and 4 TDs
AFC Defensive Player Of The Week – Buster Skrine CB, Browns, 4 Tackles, 3 INT, 1 TD
NFC Offensive Player Of The Week – Robert Griffen III, QB, Redskins, 17-20, 366 yards 3 TD 1 INT
NFC Defensive Player Of The Week – B.Vereen, FS, Bears, 5 Tackles, 1 Sack, 1 Forced Fumble 1 TD
To return from Week 5 onwards
3 games to watch this week
(Mix Trimmer , 1-1) @ (Ultra, 2-0)
Here we have an intriging matchup of two coaches who haven't played each other much in the past despite being in the league since Madden 13. Mix is coming off a morale boosting win where he picked off Rams 5 Times whilst Ultra did similar against the Bengals. Both of these two would like to get the win here as it could be crucial in deciding the playoff spots. Ultra as the 4 time Xpress champion would have to come in as the favourite here, but lets not write off Mix who has performed well in the past he was a constant thorn in my side with his constant shouting of BOSH! and BOOM! and his play call improved and he has some great ability.
This is arguably Ultras toughest test to date and it will be interesting to see how the Falcons hold up here, my guess is Ultra will win but Trim will make it close.
(Sovoth, 1-1) @ (Zozo, 0-2)
How much of a change one gameweek makes to someone? One week Mark is riding high beating the regining champ next week his wife is telling him off and putting him into the the naughty corner for breaking his controller in his nothern rage attack on his xbox one controller! This week he will need to be on his best behaviour as his wife has him on probation watch for this game and its going to be a tough one not to want to sling your controller around for trust me.
Zozo hasn't been at his best this season losing to Pats and McManus, but Zozo has always been one of those players that has the ability and relishes the occasion although with that said this niners team is hard to play against they make the big hits and make you pay with fumbles. With that said this game could decide Zoos season here already as he has several tough games coming up with Joe, Dickie, TJ & Myself in his next 5 games following this one. I'll pick Sovoth in a close one.
(Dede, 2-0) @ (Pacfish, 2-0)
The final game of the week sees us look at the AFC North with two undefeated teams. Both teams coming into this have relied on their defences with Haden being a pain to his opponents with his big plays whilst Dede and his Ravens have been consistent getting some big stops to keep themselves within games. Here though will we see Johnny turn it on? He has failed to meet the lofty expectations that Pac said will happen but has been solid and Tate has been the main man. However this will be Pac's first time he has faced a hard nosed defence like the Ravens this season.
Dede on the other hand looks like he could stop about anything defensively but has struggled to put the points on the board as of late. At this stage it is likely the division will be one by one these two coaches so a win here is crucial. My guess is Johnny Foooootbballlll fails miserably and Dede wins and Manziel is out for the rest of the season.