Week 11 Results
(Dr Volki) 24-21 (Sovoth)
After causing what would be one of the best wins his had in this Madden; Sovoth took a backwards step and lost to a player that has become his Arch-Nemesis in the Evil Dr Volki. Volki actually showed he could play some run defence holding Trent to less than 70 yards and a strong offence with Lacy resembling a Bettis like back with his 20+ carries for 150 yards. Cobb also assisted in pulling out this win with over 100 yards. It seems like Sovoth was still suffering from a few injuries and couldn't get things going in this one Mega Tron seemed to be the only bright spot in an otherwise dull performance. Unfortunately after the result Sovoth announced his retirement from the Lions I personally believe it had something to do with the newspaper article the following day.
(Shatners) 21-23 (PatsUK)
Our next game sees us move over to argubly the most competitive division in the AFC. This week Shatners nearly shocked the Xpress with a big performance against Pats and his Steelers. Andy Dalton was near perfect 12/14 and no INTs! Lamichael James continued his top performances for the Bengals even the defence was superb forcing 3 Red Zone FGs. Looking at the stats it is somewhat hard to believe that Shatners lost this game; however whilst been able to get the offensive stops it seems Pats was able to milk out the clock and get some big gains from Heath Miller and Brown who had over 200 yards combined. Pats put himself into wildcard contention here and should get the 1st wildcard spot now and will have a chance of getting the division being only 2 games behind Perrin. Shatners on the other hand can hold his head high as in m opinion this has been one of the beter turnarounds from pick machine in the 1st season to not throwing any INTs and it shows how you can improve at this if you just keep to it.
(Aje) 41-47 (Buncey)
Our final game of the week features two offences battling it out in a shootout. Buncey would throw up over 500 yards and 4 TDs whilst Aje would run for nearly 200 yards and pass for 300 in a rather balanced attack but it didn't help despite his QB having a top game not throwing a single pick and 3 TDs. But the big differene in this game was the Cowboys defence on 3rd down only gave up 1/5 3rd down attempts which was one of the big wins. Also the Cowboys despite their troubles wih INTs were able to rely on their 2 point conversion team towards the end of the game who would get a crucial 2 pts. Buncey would finish this game relatively alright thinking he might have a chance albiet a very minor one of a playoff charge and will just be hoping someone can take Sam off his perch. Whilst aje will be hurting after this one as the recent retirement to the Lions coach means the division is up for the taking but who will take it???
- Giants QB Young had a day out throwing 4 TDs and going 15/18 in the process effectivel really having 1 incompletion as 2 passes were picked off in a 49-21 win.
- Jags QB Glennon had a day to forget as he threw 5 INTs and was sacked 5 times by a rampant Rams team who won 42-24.
- The Panthers pass rush sent a message to the league with a dominating performance with 7 Sacks and 4 of those coming from Addission could Joe and his Panthers be making one last playoff push?
- Douggie was at it again running for over 200 yards could McCoy have his record broken? I would like to see Phil's face if Trimmer does manage it with under 1200 yards to go there is a possibility it could happen!
- Evo continued his dominatrix attitude against McManus whipping those Colts like he has done mostly for the last 4 seasons. 45-28 with Locker throwing another 4 TDs like it was nothing. I hear McManus has become very submissive and is very much a changed man but who wouldn't be after having fortnightly whippings like this?
- - The Xpress favourite Son Rourke continued his run to win the NFC East with every single coach bar one rooting him on with a big 35-17 win over the Raiders to continue to hold the drivers seat but those Giants are all over them like Phil was all over his CPU game last week. RG3 continues his top run with a very nice performance throwing 2 TDs and throwing over 200 yards.
- Cherries looks like his back in it and could make a case for getting to the Superbowl this year with a 40-17 win against Rhino with Terrence Williams havig a great day going for over 90 yards on 6 catches and a TD.
- - Ronnie Hllman had a big day for Rizzo running for 4 TDs in a big win against Hubbles Hawks 49-31 and it alo seems Stone finally came alive with some great numbers.
- Zozo taught the McAttack a lesson with 5 INTs and holding McCoy to just on 100 yards. Whilst Thomas and Barner should him how it was done with both nearly combining for 300 yards combined. Aldon Smith seems to continued being a pain as well with 7 tackles which was enough to leave Phil in distraught with a 45-14 win.
Players Of The Week
AFC Offensive Player Of The Week – To Be Updated
AFC Defensive Player Of The Week – To Be Updated
NFC Offensive Player Of The Week – To Be Updated
NFC Defensive Player Of The Week – To Be Updated
1. Ravens 8-1 (-) At time of writing Week 11 match was un-played
2. Saints 9-1 (-)
3. Rams 8-2 (-)
4. Titans 8-2 (-)
5. Buccaneers 8-2 (-)
6. Giants 8-2 (-)
7. Redskins 8-2 (-)
8. Steelers 7-3 (NEW)
9. Cardinals 6-4 (NEW)
10. Colts 6-4 (-1)
3 games to watch this week
(Zozo, 6-4) @ (RamsDan, 8-2)
A Match that continues to be highlighted will be highlighted one final time of Madden 25. RamsDan has been having a terrific season this year headlined by his well known pass rush which has been at its finest in recent weeks. Zozo on the other hand, has had a few slips and falls earlier this season but appears to have found his feet and is lighting it up again with one of the best rosters in the Xpress. Zozo has had found a running game led by Barner who has been in top top form and the recieving game has been brillant. RamsDan will be hoping to get the sweep here which he hasn't done for sometime and I think its fair to say Zozo has made him his bitch in recent season; this is likely to be the last time these two bitter rivals meet and I'm sure they will hold nothing back and it could end up being one of the more interesting matches of this season.
(McManus, 6-4) @ (Cherries, 5-5)
Since coming back from his leave Cherries must be thrilled at where his found himself it looks very likely like he will be in the playoffs as his rivals falter. However he can rest up here he still needs to win as he knows Matt can get hot once Charles decides to start getting things going. McManus on the other hand needs to get over the beating and the loss of Gareth Brooks concert being cancelled and start to harden the fuck up and get that much needed win here to stay in contention for the wildcard spots. Kev needs to get his mind right here he needs to think that "He ain't going to down til the sun comes up; and that his definately not giving in till they have had enough" (I know it doesn't make much sense but I had to try to get something in here to cheer him up because his going to get whooped here)
(Cheeseburgers, 8-2) @ (Mister Rourke, 8-2)
Oh there is this little game on; I don't think it means much but I guess I should review it anyway. As everyone knows since rejoining the Xpress Sam has laid waste to everything in his path and has destroyed and made sure everyone knows about it. But Rourke is I hope the man that will stand in his way and prevent further pain being inflicted. Rourke has shown the RG 3 is argubly the best QB in the Xpress with his terrific use his efficency is outstanding and his stats are fantastic. Can Sam hope to stop this offence with Morris running down the gut and RG3 selling the foot candy? I think he can hold his own Young has been great but the problem has been the INTs have been creeping into his game something you won't see from RG3. I think this game is going to be the game of the season. I've also heard that Mister Rourke might be having some help from his trusting assistant Tattoo to make sure he can get the win here.
Don't know what I mean? Here is a glimpse into Mr Rourke's real life when he isn't owning everyone with RG3.
Perhaps after this game Sam might need to get off the island so he can stop living in this fantasy.