Week 10 Results
(Mister Rourke) 31-35 (Aje14)
The Vikings continued their impressive streak and took a firm command over the NFC North this week. Both teams ran the ball effectively with Aje relying on Peterson who had another big day of 243 yards on the flip side Morris and RG3 combined for 249 yards and 2 TDs. But like many games this game came down to who turned over the ball first. Unfortunately Rourke fumbled with moments to go needing just a first down saw RG3 fumble in an attempt of the triple option and Jared Allen recovered to give the Vikings field position and the game winning TD. Mister Rourke was unable to respond and has been seething in a rage since losing and will be looking to take it out on Riverman next week. Whilst Aje looks to take his AP show to Seattle next week.
(Sovoth) 31-41 (Chiller Planet3)
In a key divisional game it was Chiller and his Bears who overcame Sovoth in a 41-31 win. Chiller played a near perfect game with Jay Cutler having a great day of 441 yards and 3 TDs. Sovoth and Stafford didn't seem to be getting along on the sideline as big signing Jimmy Graham was held to a single reception for 9 yards and Megatron couldn't get a TD. For the Bears it continued to be all about their defence as Briggs and Anderson played well getting a pick each. The Bears win here has allowed for the Vikings to jump a game clear of the Lions but perhaps the Bears are getting hot at the right time.
In his press conference after the game Sovoth had this to say.
(Red Rhino) 14-24 (Zoso)
The Texans were looking to rebound off a tough lost last week over divisional rival Colts but it wasn't to be as ZoSo or as I like to refer to him as 'Mr 3rd Down' was able to grind out a tough win.Palmer played a key part not forcing passes as he threw the ball for 236 yards and 3 TDs. Schuab struggled as he threw 3 INTs. The person who caused the damage was Darryl Washington who was able to bring in 2 INTs. However Rhino would be pleased at the performance of his defence as they were on the field for a long time and key players Watt, Reed and Cushing had solid games. Reed finished with a game high 9 tackles. However Arian Foster struggled to get anything going on the ground running for 57 yards. The win here has given Zoso and the Cards a foothold into the NFC West as they look to clinch that playoff spot.
- Buncey tried to revive his Sack Watch count from last year as the Saints brought down Cowboys QB Tanney 8 Times. However Buncey was able to overcome this and ran out winning the game 28-21
- Dalton is only 4 INTs away from equalling the record for most INTs in a single season. Coach Shatners has promised the fans will see a record broken However it remains to be seen if he means winning a game or the INT record.
- Adrian Peterson looks set to break the rushing record as he sits on 1,516 yards but Rice and McCoy are hot on his tail.
- The Ravens are the league lending team in the Takeaways with a +20 margin.
- In a Surprising stat the Packers have the most 1st down conversions in the league with 155, the high flying Bills are 2nd with 146
- 3 teams have a 100% scoring record in the Redzone - Ravens, Jets, Colts - with the Ravens coming away with the most points in the redzone with 27 TDs from 35 Atts
- In the battle of the birds the Hawks overcame the Falcons to keep up with the NFC West as Wilson had a near perfect game of 3 TDs for 262 yards 17/22 and no INTs
- In the NFC West the depature of division leader GovernedSpy has been met with much speculation as to who would take over and the Rams have gone with
one of their own to take the mantle as RamsDan steps up to continue the Rams good fortunes.
- Green Bays defence continued to have its woes stopping the run, it was apparent that Volki's search on the Internet of how to stop the run hasn't worked as McCoy ran all over the Cheeseheads and the defence resembled Swiss Cheese McCoy finished with 266 yards and 1 TD with an average of 14.8 yards a carry.
- League Leader Ultra showed he can pass and run as EJ Manuel become the leading passer for the season with 2,847 yards to date.
- Mix Trimmer felt what it was like to hit a brick wall this week as Doug Martin repeatedly met the brick wall defence of the Dolphins who held the running back to only 51 yards. Rumors of Volki contacting coach Jabe for advice on how to stop the run are unfounded.
Players Of The Week
AFC Offensive Player Of The Week – Ray Rice HB, Ravens, 26 Carries, 251 yards, 2 TDs
AFC Defensive Player Of The Week – Jarius Byrd FS, 10 tackles, 1 INTs, 1 FF and 1 TD
NFC Offensive Player Of The Week – Lesean McCoy HB, Eagles, 18 carries, 266 yards, 2 Rec 106 yards 2TDs
NFC Defensive Player Of The Week – Darryl Washington MLB, Cardinals, 8 tackles, 2 INTs
1. Bills 9-0 (-)
2. Titans 8-0 (-)
3. Patriots 7-1 (-)
4. Ravens 7-1 (-)
5. Vikings 7-2 (+3)
6. Colts 7-2 (+1)
7. Dolphins 6-3 (NEW)
8. Buccaneers 6-3 (-2)
9. Panthers 6-3 (+1) )
10. Lions 6-3 (-5)
3 games to watch this week
(Kurt2Krist, 5-3) @ (ShatnersBassoon, 6-2)
PICKFEST 1.0. Yes I've called it. Both these teams can't stop throwing INTs Dalton is on record breaking ground and the Browns are 2nd in the league for Interceptions thrown with 24 for the season. A source has informed me that bookies are offering a special on this game as well an INT line at the moment the Browns are -1 favourites. Joking aside thought this will be an interesting game to watch. The Browns for all their woes in the air have ran the ball really well and Trent has been setting the league on light and the Bengals are the 3rd worst team against the Rush but the Browns are 6th worst. Against the pass though the Browns are 4th worst in the league whilst the Bengals sit the middle of the road. Also last time these two played in week 3 it was a 3 point game as Dalton threw 5 INTs. Shatners will be hoping he can get his first win of the season here and I think he can do it. Bengals win a close one.
(Dr Volki, 3-6) @ (Steffrees, 0-8)
Much has been said about the Packers against the run in recent weeks however things change this week as they play the Giants who have the code name of Air Manning. Steff and his Giants have been known this season for airing it out. this has seen them break the passing record a few weeks ago. The Packers are much the same as Rodgers has the 4th highest passing yards in the league. The key to this game though will be the defences. Both of which this season haven't been able to stop a nosebleed. The good news is both defences have faired well against the pass it is the ground game they have struggled to defend. Whose defence will step up will be the key question. Also can Steff get his season kickstarted to a win here or will Volki win a game and rub it in this writers face that they have the same record for another week. I hope not PLEASE WIN STEFF!!
(Mikey, 8-1) @ (Joe, 6-3)
AFC East v NFC South this season has been a great interconference rivalry however the East has dominated the South thus far with a record of 9-2. This game is a big game for both teams as Joe will be looking to win to take a big step to getting the divisional crown whilst Mikey wants to make sure his in touching distance of Ultra and the no 1 wildcard spot. The Pats passing attack has been a big reason for their success as they lead the league in Passing TDs the load has been shared around with Gronk with 9 TDs and Amendola and Vereen with 7 each. The Panthers have played reasonably against the Pass forcing 16 picks and in the middle of the road in terms of yards allowed (which is largely inflated from the game against Ultra) The Panthers rushing attack ranks one of the best in the league with 1,207 yards for the season. This is led by a three headed rushing attack of Williams (572 yards - 9 TDs) Newton (481 yards - 6 TDs) & Stewart (146 yads - 2 TDs), however the Pats rush defence is ranked no 1 in the league and it showed in prior games against the Bucs and Saints how strong it is. I expect the Pats will continue their success here but the Panthers are capable of an upset here.